The Education Forum

Bradley Ayers' THE ZENITH SECRET is out..

This is seemingly out a couple of weeks early.

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Secret-Inside...1030750-1918555

It looks like an intruiging read, but be sure to bring your Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass along -

All told in print so tiny as to scare the editors of the Condensed Oxford English Dictionary. (Why? So the publisher wouldn't have to go to press with a 400-page book?)
The typeface is unusually small, but I did not have trouble reading the print myself.
Now for the bad news. The typeface on this book is actually the size of most footnotes in other books, because it was printed in China (don't ask). I hope that Vox Pop will be able to do a second edition or sell the rights to a a mainstream publisher and printer before my eyes give out.

I will take the plunge after Sylvia Meagher's ACCESSORIES AFTER THE FACT and the recent Peter Dale Scott reprint.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is seemingly out a couple of weeks early.

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Secret-Inside...1030750-1918555

It looks like an intruiging read, but be sure to bring your Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass along -

All told in print so tiny as to scare the editors of the Condensed Oxford English Dictionary. (Why? So the publisher wouldn't have to go to press with a 400-page book?)
The typeface is unusually small, but I did not have trouble reading the print myself.
Now for the bad news. The typeface on this book is actually the size of most footnotes in other books, because it was printed in China (don't ask). I hope that Vox Pop will be able to do a second edition or sell the rights to a a mainstream publisher and printer before my eyes give out.

I will take the plunge after Sylvia Meagher's ACCESSORIES AFTER THE FACT and the recent Peter Dale Scott reprint.

I received my copy last week and find the print to be challenging (think: "In God we trust" on a penny).

I plan to tackle it after I complete Someone Would Have Talked (2d printing), which contains a wealth of knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it, and I too have a problem with the size of the type.

I remember reading Ayers' "The War That Never Was," and his saying that he realized that his work at JMWAVE was somehow connected to the assassination of JFK.

While he still can't put a finger on it, "Zenith Secret" is a first person narrative of his experiences training exiles in Florida and contains some very significant information.

Besides giving a very detailed description of the JMWAVE station, Zenith Technical, and the training bases, he also goes on a mission on the Rex, without menitoning the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit, and wrote an After Action Report that should be sought as a JFK related record.

Ayres also documents the presence of Rosselli and RFK there, and identified Morales and Campbell in the RFK Ambassador video/photos years ago.

BK

The publisher has sent me a free copy to publicize on the forum. Unfortunately, he says that Bradley Ayes is not well enough to discuss the book on the forum.

I've read through the book, but not studied it. I hadn't realized that Ayers spent so much time investigating Morales. While I've got my doubts about his ID of Morales at the Ambassador, it seems clear that Ayers, someone who knew Morales, believes him capable of almost anything. What with Hunt's doubts about Harvey, and Ayers' doubts about Morales, the old ops ain't exactly hangin together these days. 43 years is long enough.

Besides giving a very detailed description of the JMWAVE station, Zenith Technical, and the training bases, he also goes on a mission on the Rex, without menitoning the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit, and wrote an After Action Report that should be sought as a JFK related record.

BK

BK,

I, also, have read The War That Never Was (1976) & The Zenith Secret, reading the 1976 book several years ago. I think you should read the books in that order as some detail is dropped via editing for the The Zenith Secret . However, there is much redundancy one to the other.

",...without mentioning the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit, and wrote an After Action Report that should be sought as a JFK related record."

Bk, could you please point me to sources (books, articles, forum posts) on this topic: "... the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit,..."? Thanks!

MS

BK

BK,

I, also, have read The War That Never Was (1976) & The Zenith Secret, reading the 1976 book several years ago. I think you should read the books in that order as some detail is dropped via editing for the The Zenith Secret . However, there is much redundancy one to the other.

",...without mentioning the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit, and wrote an After Action Report that should be sought as a JFK related record."

Bk, could you please point me to sources (books, articles, forum posts) on this topic: "... the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit,..."? Thanks!

MS

Hello ("I can see for...") Miles Scull,

I too have read "WTNW," but no longer have it so I can't compare and don't remember too much about the older book.

Ron Williams gave me some more background on Ayres and this book, which makes me want to question it further. I'm deeply suspicious of Jim Fester and his intro doesn't give me confidence in what comes after, but I'm finding some new, good items of interest.

BEA gives details of the crew of the Rex, the V20 swift boats, a possible Goldwater connection (that doesn't mention Hugh McDonald) and "Karl," a JMWAVE operative and LHO double who dies suspiciously (thrown from a helicopter).

While I'll leave this thread open for more discussion of Bradley E. Ayers and "The Zenith Secret," I'll start another thread on Collins Radio Connections.

BK

I have read both books recently. In fact, the second book includes very little extra information than the first book. The one important addition is the comments made about Gordon Campbell on pages 261-63.

I have read both books recently. In fact, the second book includes very little extra information than the first book. The one important addition is the comments made about Gordon Campbell on pages 261-63.

John,

I seldom disagree with you but I think this update adds much to the puzzle, including the agency connections with Bobbs Merrill, the inner workings of JMWAVE, the experience of a mission on the Rex, the fact that he wrote an After Action Report on that Mission that can be requested FOIA and/or JFK Act hearings, personally knew and details personal characteristics of such players as Morales, Campbell, etc., and has introduced new leads on Morales and Goldwater connections, to me, make this book important.

I'm also reading Bayard Stockton's "Flawed Patriot," which is a total Whitewash. It's a shame Stockton died after writing this, but he adds very little to the knowledge we already have of Bill Harvey, whose true bio has yet to be written.

On the other hand, BEA adds much to the picture, despite the small print and his own problems with his publisher.

And after a phone conversation with Ayers, I can say that he too is disapointed in his book, and he did not write the captions to the photos, and the photo on p. 130 is not of "Karl."

Will write a more complete review of both books when I have the time.

BK

• 2 weeks later...

Central Intelligence Agency

Washington, D.C. 20606

3 August 2005

Public Affairs

Phone (703) 482-7577

You asked...if Mr. Brad Ayers - author of an upcoming book allegedl claiming tht the CIA had a hand in the murder of President John F. Kennedy - was "actually a CIA agent." Accoriding to our records, he was never an Agency employee. As an Army officer, Mr. Ayers was detailed to work with the CIA from May of 1963 to December of 1964. Because he never was an Agency employee - and, as such, never signed a prepublication agreement with us - any suggestion that the CIA tried to censor or suppress his writings is incorrect.

Most disturbing to me is the false and offensive charge that the CIA killed an Ammerican President. It smears thousad of patriots who have devoted their livest to protecting the United States. The Kennedy assassination is already among the most thoroughly researched and investigated chapters of our national history. Yet, in ths 40-plust years that have passed since President Kennedy's death, the notion that he was slain by the CIA, part of the government he led, has not gained traction among respectable scholars for very good reason: It did not happen.

In compliance with the JFK Assassinations Records Collection Act of 1992, the CIA has transferred more than 458,000 pages (88,000 documents) to the National Archives and Records Administration. Even the relatively small percentage of mmaterial that the Agency had to withhold - chiefly because it identifies intelligence sources or methods - has been examined by an outside group, the Assassinations Records Review Board.

In short, if someone says that the CIA was responsible for the death of President Kennedy, he or she is either misinformed or lying. I would note that Vox Pop, publisher for Mr. Ayers, asserted on its website that the Agency was also involved in the assassination of Robert Kennedy. That, too, is garbage and should be treated as such.

Paul Gimigliano

Deputy Director/Media

I remember reading Ayers' "The War That Never Was," and his saying that he realized that his work at JMWAVE was somehow connected to the assassination of JFK.

While he still can't put a finger on it, "Zenith Secret" is a first person narrative of his experiences training exiles in Florida and contains some very significant information.

Ayres also documents the presence of Rosselli and RFK there, and identified Morales and Campbell in the RFK Ambassador video/photos years ago.

BK

I'm confused. Ayres documents the presence of RFK where?

BK

I'm confused. Ayres documents the presence of RFK where?

/quote]

Hi Myra,

Sorry about that.

I meant that Ayres' account verifies the presence of RFK at CIA's Miami station, JMWAVE, as does Stockton's "Flawed Patriot."

BK

[...]

BK

William,

You wouldn't be making a "play on words" regarding Mr. Scull's first name and the title of a song by the proto punk-rock English band "The Whom," would you?

--Thomas :peace

Central Intelligence Agency

Washington, D.C. 20606

3 August 2005

Public Affairs

Phone (703) 482-7577

You asked...if Mr. Brad Ayers - author of an upcoming book allegedl claiming tht the CIA had a hand in the murder of President John F. Kennedy - was "actually a CIA agent." Accoriding to our records, he was never an Agency employee. As an Army officer, Mr. Ayers was detailed to work with the CIA from May of 1963 to December of 1964. Because he never was an Agency employee - and, as such, never signed a prepublication agreement with us - any suggestion that the CIA tried to censor or suppress his writings is incorrect.

Most disturbing to me is the false and offensive charge that the CIA killed an Ammerican President. It smears thousad of patriots who have devoted their livest to protecting the United States. The Kennedy assassination is already among the most thoroughly researched and investigated chapters of our national history. Yet, in ths 40-plust years that have passed since President Kennedy's death, the notion that he was slain by the CIA, part of the government he led, has not gained traction among respectable scholars for very good reason: It did not happen.

In compliance with the JFK Assassinations Records Collection Act of 1992, the CIA has transferred more than 458,000 pages (88,000 documents) to the National Archives and Records Administration. Even the relatively small percentage of mmaterial that the Agency had to withhold - chiefly because it identifies intelligence sources or methods - has been examined by an outside group, the Assassinations Records Review Board.

In short, if someone says that the CIA was responsible for the death of President Kennedy, he or she is either misinformed or lying. I would note that Vox Pop, publisher for Mr. Ayers, asserted on its website that the Agency was also involved in the assassination of Robert Kennedy. That, too, is garbage and should be treated as such.

Paul Gimigliano

Deputy Director/Media

Bill,

Has the CIA changed its policy regarding identifying its officers and agents? I thought it was CIA policy (except, of course, regarding November '63 post-assassination FBI memo referring to "Mr. George Bush of the CIA") to neither confirm nor deny it's employing of any particular person...

Interesting indeed. (Maybe I'll call them to find out whether or not I was CIA when I was teaching English in the Czech Republic! [some of my students, encouraged by another ex-pat American English teacher ("Why do you always seem to have money Graves?," were spreading the rumor that I was with "The Company," and I decided the best strategy was encourage their suspicions about me. Great fun, actually, especially when you're living there with an expired residency permit. Put the fear of God in them, and all that.

Peter, can you relate?]

FWIW,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

[...]

BK

William,

You wouldn't be making a "play on words" regarding Mr. Scull's first name and the title of a song by the proto punk-rock English band "The Whom," would you?

--Thomas :peace

The Whom,

yes, that's them Thomas.

I was just playing with words.

They just played Atlantic City, my backyard, and I didn't catch the show even though I write a weekly music column.

The Whom? Not my favorite British rock band. Headbanger music.

That would be the Stones.

But I can't say Miles without thinking of that line in the song,...

Scull is also on my genelogy list - Scullville, New Jersey is part of the small Quaker settlement near Somers Point/Atlantic City, mentioned in my regional history book "300 Years at the Point - A History of Somers Point, N.J."

I don't think Miles Scull, teacher of English at Indian schools in Arizona is related to the Quaker Sculls of the South Jersey Shore, though I almost asked him. Alot of Atlantic City/NYC mob guys did retire to Arizona and New Mexico.

Miles sort of backed off just when I thought we had something going.

Those who only know me from JFK research would be surprised to know that I also wrote a history of golf - "Birth of the Birdie," and my next book is "Rock Around the Clock - 50 Years of Rock & Roll at the Jersey Shore."

But I'd really like to get back to the Zenith Secret, as the more I think about it the more I'm convinced it contains some very important information that I want to get into.

Play some Buena Vista Social Club, or Ricky Ricardo to get in the mood....

BK