The Education Forum

Bradley Ayers' THE ZENITH SECRET is out..

----------------------

The correct spelling is: E-G-L-I-N Air Force Base, and amongst many commands there is the US Navy Explosive Ordnance School (EOD). The Ranger School is at one of the 4 "Hurlburt" airfields, and at one of those (#4 I think) -- was where the Doolittle Tokyo bombers trained during 1942 [WWII].

Chairs,

GPH

----------------------

U.S. Air Force Fact Sheet

6TH RANGER TRAINING BATTALION

Auxiliary Field Six is the site of Camp James E. Rudder and the home of the Army's 6th Ranger Training Battalion. The 6th RTB conducts the final phase of the U.S. Army Ranger Course. The entire course is 61 days in length and is divided into three phases. Each phase is conducted at different geographical and environmental locations.

Its mission at Eglin is to expose Ranger students to a fast-paced, 18 day field training exercise. Leadership skills are taxed when conducting small unit operations in a simulated combat environment by the daily challenges students encounter including severe weather, swampy terrain, periods of hunger, mental and physical fatigue, as well as emotional stress.

Included in the field training exercise are airborne and helicopter assaults, small boat operations, river crossings and swamp crossings.

Camp James E. Rudder is one of the oldest subinstallations on Eglin (since 1951) with operating and quality of life facilities to provide family housing units, a community center, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a tennis court, a chapel, a reptile facility, a billeting complex, an ammunition storage area, a troop dining facility, a troop medical clinic, civil engineering shop transportation sub-motor pool, a boathouse, a repelling tower and an airborne staging area plus an air strip capable of accommodating C-130 and C-17 aircraft.

The 6th Ranger Training Battalion's parent organization is the Ranger Training Brigade located at Fort Benning, GA.

Fact Sheet Point of Contact

96th Air Base Wing Public Affairs Office

(850) 882-3931

DSN 872-3931

-------------------------------

Yo! Gerr,

Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the correct spelling - EGLIN AFB - that was my dyslexia in retyping, as BEA had it right.

How did you stay out of BEA's book?

Does what BEA say jive with your recollections?

Have you ever been to the joints he talks about - Green Turtle Inn, Caesar's Forge?

Thanks,

BK

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I googled Gila Project and JFK Assassination I came up with Chapter 31 of Brad Ayers book but I couldn't find it at Voxpop.net, where you can also read the intro and first chapter. - BK

http://voxpopnet.net/images/zs3132.pdf

At least you can enlarge the type size to read it without getting a headache.

Maybe there's more chapters on line.

Edited by William Kelly

• 6 months later...
For Bradley E. Ayers, "The chain of events that lead me to [uSArmy Deputy Chief of Staff for Special Operations] Colonel Bond's office....began in the spring of 1963. I had held the rank of captain, and as a senior officer in this grade, nearing promotion to major, I was serving as the executive officer of the Army Ranger Training Camp at Eglin Air Force Base in northwest Florida…. The mission of the Ranger Camp was to train volunteer officers and non-commissioned officers in the techniques of clandestine jungle and swamp operations for small units….Lt. Col. Hakala,…commanded the camp…on a sunny April day I made my move and requested a transfer."

......an interesting subject that came up some months ago in the Forum....John Simkin started a thread on a man named Ricardo Morales and posted a link to Morales' deposition in which he gave a long account of his career. (Going off of memory for what follows; maybe someone could repost the relevant information, particularly as it's most interesting all by itself.)

Morales stated that in his initial training by CIA as an anti-Castro operative (1960/61?) he was in a group of Cuban exiles who were flown out of Miami in a jumbo jet with the windows blacked out; the plane stayed in the air briefly (45 minutes?) and took a left turn out of Miami, eventually landing at a military installation where the exiles were then transported (by bus?) to a training camp where they were trained in the same kind of training Ayers is referring to. Morales also mentioned airborne or jump-training and at the time I speculated that the exiles had been flown to Ft. Benning.........It seems to me that (Ricardo) Morales' account and Ayers' account are most likely mutually corroborative for the existence of such a training camp, located at Eglin [edited for correct spelling] Air Force base........

Link to search result for "Rafael Villaverde" thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...fael+Villaverde

Link to Ricardo Morales Navarette deposition:

http://www.cuban-exile.com/doc_051-075/doc0051.html

Link to search result for "Ricardo Morales [Navarette]" thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...Ricardo+Morales

FWIW

Thanks for those links DWD.

BK

BK wrote, in his thread about his Mock Grand Jury Project:

WE DON'T HAVE TO FORCE WITNESSES TO TESTIFY, THEY TOO WANT THE TRUTH - JAMES TAGUE, HARRY DEAN, BRADLEY AYERS,....ETC. AND THERE ARE DOZENS OF HONEST, TRUTHFUL WITNESSES.

BK, please, please don't use the phrase "honest, truthful witnesses in the same sentence as Bradley Ayers.

In the chapters on "The Zenith Secret" that you posted here Ayers claimed that he talked at length with a lady named Pearl who claimed her father had worked on Goldwater's staff and had delivered, shortly before the assassination, two suitcases full of cash, which he obtained from Robert Maheu and William Bonnano in Las Vegas (at Goldwater's request) to a CIA operative in Dallas and to David Morales and Johnny Rosselli in New Orleans, with the deliveries again being requested by Goldwater himself.

I found several things strage about this account. First, Goldwater was by all accounts a personal friend of JFK.

Second, Goldwater's reputation as a straight-shooter was impeccable. He called RN the biggest xxxx he had ever known and refused to even attend Nixon's funeral.

Third, it would make no sense for a conspirator to ask someone who was not part of the plot to pick up and deliver the money. Pearl claims her father was an honest man. If so, why did he not go to the authorities after Dallas?

Fourth, Ayers never mentions the name of Pearl's father. We do not even know that Pearl even had a father.

Fifth, as I assume you know, BK, any investigative reporter worth his salt and pepper is going to attempt to verify his source. I do not recall Ayers claiming he ever attempted to verify whether Pearl's father was on BG's staff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS THE CLINCHER:

This morning I spoke with Mrs. Judy Eisenhower. (Yes, I asked her, her husband's father was the brother of President Eisenhower.) Mrs. Eisenhower was the long time chief of staff to BG, including during the period in question. She said that BG never had a staff member with a daughter named Pearl. You know, that revelation did not surprise me at all.

I will never believe another article written by Ayers. (By article I mean words such as "a" and "the"; I won't believe any other words he writes either.)

And BK, I assume you will now withdraw your request that this xxxx participate in your Mock Grand Jury. No, I take that back: let him repeat his Pearl story under oath!

Edited by Tim Gratz

BK wrote, in his thread about his Mock Grand Jury Project:

WE DON'T HAVE TO FORCE WITNESSES TO TESTIFY, THEY TOO WANT THE TRUTH - JAMES TAGUE, HARRY DEAN, BRADLEY AYERS,....ETC. AND THERE ARE DOZENS OF HONEST, TRUTHFUL WITNESSES.

BK, please, please don't use the phrase "honest, truthful witnesses in the same sentence as Bradley Ayers.

In the chapters on "The Zenith Secret" that you posted here Ayers claimed that he talked at length with a lady named Pearl who claimed her father had worked on Goldwater's staff and had delivered, shortly before the assassination, two suitcases full of cash, which he obtained from Robert Maheu and William Bonnano in Las Vegas (at Goldwater's request) to a CIA operative in Dallas and to David Morales and Johnny Rosselli in New Orleans, with the deliveries again being requested by Goldwater himself.

I found several things strage about this account. First, Goldwater was by all accounts a personal friend of JFK.

Second, Goldwater's reputation as a straight-shooter was impeccable. He called RN the biggest xxxx he had ever known and refused to even attend Nixon's funeral.

Third, it would make no sense for a conspirator to ask someone who was not part of the plot to pick up and deliver the money. Pearl claims her father was an honest man. If so, why did he not go to the authorities after Dallas?

Fourth, Ayers never mentions the name of Pearl's father. We do not even know that Pearl even had a father.

Fifth, as I assume you know, BK, any investigative reporter worth his salt and pepper is going to attempt to cverify his source. I do not recall Ayers claiming he ever attempted to verify whether Pearl's father was on BG's staff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS THE CLINCHER:

This morning I spoke with Mrs. Judy Eisenhower. (Yes, I asked her, her husband's father was the brother of President Eisenhower.) Mrs. Eisenhower was the long time chief of staff to BG, including during the period in question. She said that BG never had a staff member with a daughter named Pearl. You know, that revelation did not surprise me at all.

I will never believe another article written by Ayers. (By article I mean words such as "a" and "the"; I won't believe any other words he writes either.)

And BK, I assume you will now withdraw your request that this xxxx participate in your Mock Grand Jury. No, I take that back: let him repeat his Pearl story under oath!

Well Tim,

There's no argument that BEA was at JMWAVE and knew all the main characters there, and I'm not really interested in Goldwater or Pearl or the other diversions that BEA chased down while investigating Morales, but I am interested in his description of JMWAVE and the players there.

You can destroy the credability of every witness if you want to, and BEA is an easy target, but you can't take away his presence at JMWAVE or what he has to say about who was there and what happened while he was there, which is extremely significant.

Many things that BEA has provided has been confirmed independently, and while the Goldwater allegations have yet to be confirmed, they should be easy enough to check out by someone with the means and capabilities, but they extend beyond my interest or ability to verify.

I can and will verify his JMWAVE experiences and can assure you that the Virtual Grand Jury will not be a witch hunt or fishing expedition, as they are not necessary.

BK

Bill, I understand that Ayers was active in JM/WAVE but considering the Pearl matter, how can one believe anything he says about anything?

By the way, I sent Mrs. Eisenhower a link to Chapters 31 and 32 of "The Zenith Secret" just to see if there was anyone who fit the description given by Ayers of Pearl's father. Just maybe Pearl was an assumed name.

But as I said, Ayers never claimed he contacted anyone on the BG staff to verify that there was someone who fit the description. That to me is VERY suspicious. Plus of course the fact that this honest man did not volunterr his story to Earl Warren, Jim Garrison or G. Robert Blakey raises serious doubt about the story.

Bill, I understand that Ayers was active in JM/WAVE but considering the Pearl matter, how can one believe anything he says about anything?

By the way, I sent Mrs. Eisenhower a link to Chapters 31 and 32 of "The Zenith Secret" just to see if there was anyone who fit the description given by Ayers of Pearl's father. Just maybe Pearl was an assumed name.

But as I said, Ayers never claimed he contacted anyone on the BG staff to verify that there was someone who fit the description. That to me is VERY suspicious. Plus of course the fact that this honest man did not volunterr his story to Earl Warren, Jim Garrison or G. Robert Blakey raises serious doubt about the story.

Well, as I said, you don't have to believe him, but there's no question that he was at JMWAVE and has identified dozens of others who were there too, and now they're targets for questioning, and I'm glad he didn't give it to Warren, Garrison or Blakey, as it would have most certainly been destroyed or discredited before it could be examined.

BEA doesn't even know what he knows is significant, he's a witness, who doesn't understand the signifiance of the Collins Radio connections to the Rex, on which he went on a mission and wrote an After Action Report that has yet to be released.

If BEA is so unbelievable, then why are his service records still secret?

I mention three possible grand jury witnesses - and you're already trying to discredit them, and as I said elsewhere, what BEA has to say is significant enough that he must be discredited. But it's too late, as he's already told us everything he knows and what can be verified has or will be and the other witnesses he leads us to are even more signifcant then him.

Now you're going to be really busy if you're in the business of discrediting witnesses.

BK

Bill, IMO this is one of the most significant discussions on this Forum in quite a while.

It is of obvious importance to determine if Ayers made up the Pearl story. Because if he did then he is indeed discredited as a witness re anything he says. How could anyone believe him?

And sometimes Bill I do have to wonder about YOU.

For instance, you wrote:

I mention three possible grand jury witnesses - and you're already trying to discredit them, [Emphasis supplied/] I have only discussed Ayers. Is your writing just sloppy or are you being disingenous?

Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, based on this sentence:

But it's too late, as he's already told us everything he knows and what can be verified has or will be and the other witnesses he leads us to are even more signifcant then him. I assume you meant "than" rather than "then". (At least that is what I thought then!)

But that sentence means nothing. It does not say that a single thing Ayers says you have already verified.

So have you in fact attempted to verify his explosive story that BG orchestrated the assassination of his friend JFK? If you have, please tell me the name of Pearl's father so I can check with Mrs. Eisenhower. If you have not, why the heck haven't you?

I assume you are sincere about your grand jury project. I suggest you consider what happened to Garrison when you used that wacky Spiesel witness. That witness by himswelf may have been sufficient to blow his case because it made the jury doubt his sincerity or his competence.

This is a sincere advice to you: If Ayers is indeed a xxxx and you associate him with your project, you risk becoming the laughing stock of the community!

Edited by Tim Gratz

It is of obvious importance to determine if Ayers made up the Pearl story.

Well I daresay that Mrs. Eisenhower's recollection proves nothing. What it tells us is that BG never had a staff member with a daughter named Pearl that Mrs. Eisenhower, recalling decades later, is aware of.

How many people are typically on such a staff? How many chiefs of staff know the names of all the children of staff members? How many would even make the effort to know and why? (Depending on the size of the staff, how many chiefs of staff even know right off the names of all the people on the staff?)

As a random example, from the Watergate days, White House staff member Charles Colson had three children. Do you think that chief of staff Bob Haldeman could name one, two, or all three of them? What makes you think so?

Ron, Mrs. Eisenhower is an intelligent lady.

By the way, she had never before heard of Ayer's story.

As I said, Ayers can easily provide the name of Pearl's father and his income tax records can be verified. That is just one way to verify or refute part of his story.

Ron, Mrs. Eisenhower is an intelligent lady.

Did I suggest she wasn't intelligent? It was not my intent.

By the way, she had never before heard of Ayer's story.

So what? (If it happened, need to know?)

As I said, Ayers can easily provide the name of Pearl's father and his income tax records can be verified. That is just one way to verify or refute part of his story.

True. My only point, in the meantime, is that Mrs. Eisenhower's statement doesn't prove anything, and I tried to explain why.

If she categorically told you that she knew (and/or still knows) the names of all the children of all staff members, and Pearl wasn't one of them, only then would I have to question her veracity, for the reasons I've stated. Did she do that?

Ron, I agree intelligence does not necessarily equate with a good memory. Discarding humility for candor, I am intelligent but my memory is not as good as I would like it to be.

The reason why I mentioned that Mrs. Eisenhower had not heard of the Ayers story before is because it shows her reply to me had not been rehearsed.

Now re your question why she would know that no staff member had a daughter named "Pearl", I have this comment: Pearl is a rather unusual name. If you assume she had heard the names of all the staff's children one could assume she might remember that there was no "Pearl" among them even though she could not recite every name.

Like I said there are easy ways to verify the existence of a staff member as described in Ayers' book.

Ever wonder why Ayers did not just name him? He's deceased after all.

Edited by Tim Gratz

I would be very disappointed if Barry Goldwater had anything to do with the JFK assassination. But then life is full of disappointments.

When it comes to heroes and villains, I basically lived in a childlike fantasy world before 11/22/63, and even for a few years thereafter. (I voted for Lyndon Johnson in 1964.) What I've learned over the years is that sadly you can't trust anybody, no matter who or what they are.

I had not heard before of Ayers' Pearl story, and will await further developments. I have no real opinion on it, other than my comments re Mrs. Eisenhower's claim.

BK wrote in Post #3 of this thread:

Besides giving a very detailed description of the JMWAVE station, Zenith Technical, and the training bases, [Ayers] also goes on a mission on the Rex, without menitoning the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit, and wrote an After Action Report that should be sought as a JFK related record.

But of course Bill if in fact he simply made up the story about Pearl's father and Goldwater, how do you know he ever even went on a mission on the Rex?

That of course is why it is most important to either verify as much of that story as you can, or to refute it if it is not true.

In the Mock Jury thread, you represented that Ayers was "interested in the truth" about the Kennedy assassination. That representation is demonstrably false if he concocted a story about the assassination.

Since you are apparently in communication with him, you should IMO ask him for every shred of paper he has to document his story. As I said earlier, the story of Pearl's father as a courier for the assassination is incredible on its face.

BK wrote in Post #3 of this thread:

Besides giving a very detailed description of the JMWAVE station, Zenith Technical, and the training bases, [Ayers] also goes on a mission on the Rex, without menitoning the Collins Radio connections to Dealey Plaza and Tippit, and wrote an After Action Report that should be sought as a JFK related record.

But of course Bill if in fact he simply made up the story about Pearl's father and Goldwater, how do you know he ever even went on a mission on the Rex?

That of course is why it is most important to either verify as much of that story as you can, or to refute it if it is not true.

In the Mock Jury thread, you represented that Ayers was "interested in the truth" about the Kennedy assassination. That representation is demonstrably false if he concocted a story about the assassination.

Since you are apparently in communication with him, you should IMO ask him for every shred of paper he has to document his story. As I said earlier, the story of Pearl's father as a courier for the assassination is incredible on its face.

Tim,

You are the only one who is accusing BEA of lying and making up the Pearl/Goldwater story, which I am not interested in, unless it can be further developed.

That BEA's After Action Report on his mission on the Rex is still being withheld, makes it significant to me, and his lengthly recollections of that mission, details that can be confirmed.

In addition, one of the commando team leaders is Juilo Fernandez, who Clare Booth Luce says she financially supported and outfitted and did a story on in Life Mag, and who called her on the night of the assassination to inform her that his outfit was familiar with the accused assassin and had audio tapes of him as well as other information.

BEA's story is indeed incredible, but not for the reasons you think, or even he understands, but I would be careful of calling him a xxxx, a word you are brandishing about pretty loosely these days.

You track down Pearl's story and confirm or refute it, but either way, the info BEA has supplied me that otherwise checks out, will also be compared with the JMWAVE records already released and will give emphesis to those still being withheld.

Since every witness can be discredited, you call attention to those who you target for such smearing.

BK