The Education Forum

this is a test posting

Jack White

Apparently it did not work.

I don't know what I did differently, but the third time it worked.

I will now occasionally post images if I get the hang of it...but the

problem is that all of my images are on the other computer!

Jack

PS...I am trying to attach a different image to this message

as a test.

I don't know what I did differently, but the third time it worked.

I will now occasionally post images if I get the hang of it...but the

problem is that all of my images are on the other computer!

Jack

PS...I am trying to attach a different image to this message

as a test.

the images appear, Jack...

Jack,

Regarding your test post #3 above, did you ever get a satisfactory answer as to who the short person was who was standing near the Chisums?

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 2 weeks later...

Jack,

thank you for that great example of the strange looking figures in Bronson.

What fascinates me is how the corners of the pillars behind them are so sharp by comparison.

Jack do you have a similar quality blow-up of Mary Moorman from that same print?

Looking at a crop on Richies photo pages which you provided the link for in another thread,

mooroffcurbid7.th.jpg

(& I realise it's not great but it's the best one I have)

it appears to me that anyone wearing dark clothing in that photo may be interpreted differently if one so chooses.

For example,

was Mary holding a black dog in her arms?

Can't you see it's shoulders neck & head infront of her?

Anyway if you do have a good blow-up of Mary handy I'd appreciate seeing it(when it is conveinient obviously).

Btw Gary sent me an email last time I mentioned the Bronson slide here Jack, he doesn't seem to be too impressed with your Bronson print.

He said yours had;

Significant color shift and no details in the shadows.

The original slide, which is stored at The Sixth Floor Museum, is underexposed by only one stop and is far, far superior to Jack's version.

There's a very good copy on the jacket of Trask's POTP. Trask's slide is first generation and he got it from Bronson.

gmack

What he didn't say though was whether one could distinguish between the two figures on the pedestal in the original slide or whether they were just as tangled looking as they are in your print.

If Gary doesn't see this I'll ask him to elaborate.

Alan

Jack,

Regarding your test post #3 above, did you ever get a satisfactory answer as to who the short person was who was standing near the Chisums?

--Thomas

No. Sorry that I just now encountered replies to this thread.

Jack

Jack,

thank you for that great example of the strange looking figures in Bronson.

What fascinates me is how the corners of the pillars behind them are so sharp by comparison.

Jack do you have a similar quality blow-up of Mary Moorman from that same print?

Looking at a crop on Richies photo pages which you provided the link for in another thread,

mooroffcurbid7.th.jpg

(& I realise it's not great but it's the best one I have)

it appears to me that anyone wearing dark clothing in that photo may be interpreted differently if one so chooses.

For example,

was Mary holding a black dog in her arms?

Can't you see it's shoulders neck & head infront of her?

Anyway if you do have a good blow-up of Mary handy I'd appreciate seeing it(when it is conveinient obviously).

Btw Gary sent me an email last time I mentioned the Bronson slide here Jack, he doesn't seem to be too impressed with your Bronson print.

He said yours had;

Significant color shift and no details in the shadows.

The original slide, which is stored at The Sixth Floor Museum, is underexposed by only one stop and is far, far superior to Jack's version.

There's a very good copy on the jacket of Trask's POTP. Trask's slide is first generation and he got it from Bronson.

gmack

What he didn't say though was whether one could distinguish between the two figures on the pedestal in the original slide or whether they were just as tangled looking as they are in your print.

If Gary doesn't see this I'll ask him to elaborate.

Alan

Thanks for your interest, Alan. When the weather gets a little warmer, I will post

images from my other computer (which is in my office behind my house, and requires

heating up in the winter). I will address the Bronson slide and the apparent tampering

and other oddities of it.

As for the quality of my Bronson copies, Gary is totally uninformed. My bw copies are

superior to anything seen, because they penetrate the density of the color image.

I am still intrigued by the two identical ladies in Bronson near Newman who have

remained unidentified for 40+ years.

Jack

Jack,

Perhaps you'll share your takes on Tom Wilson, the technical legitimacy of his work and the processes allegedly empowering it, and his motives as best as you can know them.

If there already exists a Wilson thread, please inform this newcomer.

As always, warm regards,

Charles