The Education Forum

Miller Center, University of Virginia

Maybe its just me but...

it seems I have been stumbling accross this name a lot lately, when looking into a variety of history books with one common

denominator: they are all based on interpretations of highly classified documents that seem only recently to have become available-- if indeed they are

currently available-- to the general public. These topics include Nazi intelligence, tapes of the Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon administration, and 9/11 and

intelligence policy since 9/11.

Do members have any impressions of the Miller Center as a whole?

Do you see any common denominators between otherwise disparate publications of the joint?

Should they be kept on the big league roster?

Or perhaps thoughts on a specific Miller Center publication?

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

Maybe its just me but...

it seems I have been stumbling accross this name a lot lately, when looking into a variety of history books with one common

denominator: they are all based on interpretations of highly classified documents that seem only recently to have become available-- if indeed they are

currently available-- to the general public. These topics include Nazi intelligence, tapes of the Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon administration, and 9/11 and

intelligence policy since 9/11.

Do members have any impressions of the Miller Center as a whole?

Do you see any common denominators between otherwise disparate publications of the joint?

Should they be kept on the big league roster?

Or perhaps thoughts on a specific Miller Center publication?

The Miller Center is a highly respected School of American government in historic Charlottesville, Virginia

at the Jefferson designed campus grounds of the University of Virginia.

Numerous presidential and diplomatic scholars are in residence, in correspondence with or otherwise

connected with the Miller school and they have similar national security issues publishing credentials

as the National Security Archives affiliated with George Mason University.

Edited by Shanet Clark