The Education Forum

New Image

Guest John Woods

I think this is the photo you are talking about.

The ad copy says it was taken "moments before the assassination", however in the background I see some rather blurred letters that appear to me to say "Used Cars", and "Dodge". That may pin down the location where it was taken. I don't remember any Dodge dealers located in Dealey Plaza.

Got a spare $200,000 laying around? :rolleyes:

JWK

Edited by J. William King

The ad copy says it was taken "moments before the assassination", however in the background I see some rather blurred letters that appear to me to say "Used Cars", and "Dodge". That may pin down the location where it was taken. I don't remember any Dodge dealers located in Dealey Plaza.

JWK

Lee Forman aquired the image below from Ebay a few months ago.

JWK

JWK,

I believe there was a Dodge dealership on Lemmon Ave near the corner of Atwell Street. That was near the beginning of the motorcade route though.

That eBay image looks awfully familiar. I think it has been published before. I will have a hunt around.

James

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Lee Forman acquired the image below from Ebay a few months ago.

With all due respect to Lee the photo below looks - to me - like a

fake or pastiche. Was JFK really as 'plump' in the face as he appears here?

IMO, JFK's whole expression has the look of a 'Hollywood' promotional.

Also Jackie's smile is, somehow, simply 'not Jackie'.

I may be totally wrong but something about this photograph does not ring true.

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Got a spare $200,000 laying around? :unsure:

JWK

JWK,

I believe there was a Dodge dealership on Lemmon Ave near the corner of Atwell Street. That was near the beginning of the motorcade route though.

That eBay image looks awfully familiar. I think it has been published before. I will have a hunt around.

James

Thanks James. I know that there was a car dealer there (I worked right across Atwell from it), and it was pretty old before it was torn down to make way for the Home Depot that's there now. Don't know if it was a Dodge dealer back in '63 though. There were/are lots of other car dealers along Lemmon Ave too.

JWK

Edited by J. William King

Got a spare $200,000 laying around? :unsure:

JWK

JWK,

James

Thanks James. I know that there was a car dealer there (I worked right across Atwell from it), and it was pretty old before it was torn down to make way for the Home Depot that's there now. Don't know if it was a Dodge dealer back in '63 though. There were/are lots of other car dealers along Lemmon Ave too.

JWK

JWK,

Gary Mack has informed me that it was Chuck Hutton Dodge at 5431 Lemmon Ave near the corner of South Versailles.

Cheers,

James

Not quite sure where to post this but as it's an image topic I suppose it'll do. I don't know if it has any real value, but in the magazine I was struck by some of the finer detail. Not sure if the scan really conveys it, but the original was from a readers digest copy (2005 I think) about the dicta belt.