The Education Forum

My ONE Simple Unanswered Question !

There is no evidence however for a firecracker exploding in the car. Zilch. None.

Last time I looked, Pat, even US courts were still relying on such irrelevances as eye-, and ear-witness testimony. If that weren't the case, we would be confronted with an awful lot of unemployed legal types. A not unattractive development, I concede, but hardly the present state of affairs.

And as demonstrated above, Elm Street witnesses DID indicate shots emanated from within the presidential limousine. All you have told me so far is you don't like the fact. Nor were they alone: At least four Parkland doctors have expressed an opinion that the head wound was caused by a handgun. Three did so before the Warren Commission.

As far back as 1975, Newcomb and Adams offered an eminently sensible explanation for why more witnesses did not offer same: "Self-censorship may exist most strongly when people are confronted with a force capable of killing a very important victim, in broad daylight, with impunity. The odds of their experiencing reprisal would dictate prudence. In short, witnesses' opinion of the political power of the killers would determine their amount of recall," Murder From Within, chapter 3, "Execution."

What makes no sense is that the Hesters would watch the assassination, from as close as they did, and NOT see the skull explode.

It makes perfect sense if the event depicted on the Z-fraud never happened.

Paul

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Pat

As I said, I never expected for you to discard the great amount of very sound study which you have devoted to this case.

I feel that I should clarify a point which you seemed to mistake in your last post. I am not advocating that a head shot necessarily struck from the North Knoll, the South Knoll, from a ground level shot from Elm Street, or from one of the buildings to the rear and above the limousine.

As I tried to indicate in "one" of my prior posts,

I feel that the position of, or the number of shooters is of little consequence regarding my major point. My point being, that the film has been altered to the point that the number of shots, the location of the exact strikes, the direction of the origin of the shots and evidence of missed shots, has all been made IMPOSSIBLE to determine, because of the changes brought about in the extant Z film because of alteration. At least some of which was brought about by the changes in the perceived timing and perceived movements on the film, which would have been created, even if "film excision" had been the only alteration made. My point being that the falsity depicted on the film, is THE FALSE PREMISE upon which we are basing ALL that follows. If the initial premise upon which we attempt to build is false....how can the effects be otherwise?

What I am proposing is not an exact origin or an exact number of shots, but that a conspiracy existed which caused the film to be altered. If we KNOW conspiracy we KNOW CONSPIRATORS, whether or not we know the names, number of, or locations of shooters. We do know the conspirators. We know of the only conspirators who could have altered film, closed the FBI investigation, and preformed the conclusions of the Warren Comission.

I feel that it is "these same conspirators and their offshoots" who MUST INSIST on the authenticity of the Zapruder film or otherwise REVEAL THEMSELVES as what they are. I am not accusing those who currently believe in Z film authenticity to be conspirators themselves.... I do however accuse them of falling for a "quite ridiculous PARTY LINE".

Again regarding your theory of the incognizant perceptions of medical staffs; I believe and certaily hope that you are wrong.

Those who are still rallying behind the authenticity of the Z film, I feel are deeply involved in a major "Sin of Omission", rather than one of "Comission". They took the tempting bait of "alteration impossibility".... and absolutely swallowed it. This hook will not be easily removed. And this issue will never be put to rest if it is not!

At least this is my impression of the depression which we have found ourselves stagnating in.

Charlie Black

Hello Pat

As I said, I never expected for you to discard the great amount of very sound study which you have devoted to this case.

I feel that I should clarify a point which you seemed to mistake in your last post. I am not advocating that a head shot necessarily struck from the North Knoll, the South Knoll, from a ground level shot from Elm Street, or from one of the buildings to the rear and above the limousine.

As I tried to indicate in "one" of my prior posts,

I feel that the position of, or the number of shooters is of little consequence regarding my major point. My point being, that the film has been altered to the point that the number of shots, the location of the exact strikes, the direction of the origin of the shots and evidence of missed shots, has all been made IMPOSSIBLE to determine, because of the changes brought about in the extant Z film because of alteration. At least some of which was brought about by the changes in the perceived timing and perceived movements on the film, which would have been created, even if "film excision" had been the only alteration made. My point being that the falsity depicted on the film, is THE FALSE PREMISE upon which we are basing ALL that follows. If the initial premise upon which we attempt to build is false....how can the effects be otherwise?

What I am proposing is not an exact origin or an exact number of shots, but that a conspiracy existed which caused the film to be altered. If we KNOW conspiracy we KNOW CONSPIRATORS, whether or not we know the names, number of, or locations of shooters. We do know the conspirators. We know of the only conspirators who could have altered film, closed the FBI investigation, and preformed the conclusions of the Warren Comission.

I feel that it is "these same conspirators and their offshoots" who MUST INSIST on the authenticity of the Zapruder film or otherwise REVEAL THEMSELVES as what they are. I am not accusing those who currently believe in Z film authenticity to be conspirators themselves.... I do however accuse them of falling for a "quite ridiculous PARTY LINE".

Again regarding your theory of the incognizant perceptions of medical staffs; I believe and certaily hope that you are wrong.

Those who are still rallying behind the authenticity of the Z film, I feel are deeply involved in a major "Sin of Omission", rather than one of "Comission". They took the tempting bait of "alteration impossibility".... and absolutely swallowed it. This hook will not be easily removed. And this issue will never be put to rest if it is not!

At least this is my impression of the depression which we have found ourselves stagnating in.

Charlie Black

Before we can assume the Z-film has been altered to confuse, we need to look at silent films of other shootings, with multiple hits from a number of possible locations. I suspect they would be equally confusing.

As far as I know, I am the only person to try and understand how and why the Parkland witnesses could be wrong.
I went looking for the truth. I read Crossfire, High Treason, Best Evidence, The Killing of a President, etc, and found them a bit disjointed. I then read Case Closed and found it quite coherent...but dishonest. I decided to study the evidence from ground up--to look at the earliest reports, to study gun shot wounds in books and articles on wound ballistics, to study human hearing, to study human cognition. It took me several years. Full time. Probably a waste of time.

Vince Salandra said it best in 1975:

"I'm afraid we were misled," Salandria said sadly. "All the critics, myself included, were misled very early. I see that now. We spent too much time and effort microanalyzing the details of the assassination when all the time it was obvious, it was blatantly obvious that it was a conspiracy. Don't you think the men who killed Kennedy had the means to do it in the most sophisticated and subtle way? They chose not to. Instead, they picked the shooting gallery that was Dealey Plaza and did it in the most barbarous and openly arrogant manner. The cover story was transparent and designed not to hold, to fall apart at the slightest scrutiny. The forces that killed Kennedy wanted the message clear: 'We are in control and no one -- not the President, not Congress, nor any elected official -- no one can do anything about it.' It was a message to the people that their Government was powerless. And the people eventually got the message. Consider what happened since the Kennedy assassination. People see government today as unresponsive to their needs, yet the budget and power of the military and intelligence establishment have increased tremendously.

"The tyranny of power is here. Current events tell us that those who killed Kennedy can only perpetuate their power by promoting social upheaval both at home and abroad. And that will lead not to revolution but repression. I suggest to you, my friend, that the interests of those who killed Kennedy now transcend national boundaries and national priorities. No doubt we are dealing now with an international conspiracy. We must face the fact -- not waste any more time microanalyzing the evidence. That's exactly what they want us to do. They have kept us busy for so long. And I will bet, buddy, that is what will happen to you. They'll keep you very, very busy and eventually, they'll wear you down."

What I've found since is that the conspiracy community is almost as dogmatic as the single-assassin theorist clique. Just as the lone-nutters keep moving Kennedy's back wound to his neck, no matter the evidence, many conspiracy theorists have this absolute and blinding conviction that all the evidence doesn't add up, or is contradictory, and that this is ALL the proof of conspiracy they need.....

First of all the "conspiracy community" is far larger and much more diverse than the "single-assassin theorist clique." It's not even close. Many have long ago moved from wounds and ballistics as a proof of conspiracy; in fact many members of this Forum have vastly different takes on what constitutes proof of conspiracy. For Pat Speer to pigeonhole conspiracy believers as equally dogmatic, based upon his "several years of study" sort of speaks like someone who thinks he has found the truth, while nearly everyone else is still searching.

As far as I know, I am the only person to study human cognition in relation to this case.

I'm sure that impresses everyone. Pat Speer has figured it out while the rest of the "conspiracy community" is mired in dogma.

In short, the grassy knoll head shot is the single-bullet theory of the conspiracy community. It's distracting and discreditied...passed on from generation to generation like a confederate flag waved by some poor fool at Gettysburg.

There now, don't some of you that believe in the possibilty of of a knoll head shot feel like a flag-gazing fool? Do you feel sheepish being part of a dogmatic community? Are you tempted to study human cognition?

And what about those in the above described "conspiracy community" that have found their evidence or proof of conspiracy outside the realm of the source of the shots?

Edited by Michael Hogan

As far as I know, I am the only person to try and understand how and why the Parkland witnesses could be wrong.
I went looking for the truth. I read Crossfire, High Treason, Best Evidence, The Killing of a President, etc, and found them a bit disjointed. I then read Case Closed and found it quite coherent...but dishonest. I decided to study the evidence from ground up--to look at the earliest reports, to study gun shot wounds in books and articles on wound ballistics, to study human hearing, to study human cognition. It took me several years. Full time. Probably a waste of time.

Vince Salandra said it best in 1975:

"I'm afraid we were misled," Salandria said sadly. "All the critics, myself included, were misled very early. I see that now. We spent too much time and effort microanalyzing the details of the assassination when all the time it was obvious, it was blatantly obvious that it was a conspiracy. Don't you think the men who killed Kennedy had the means to do it in the most sophisticated and subtle way? They chose not to. Instead, they picked the shooting gallery that was Dealey Plaza and did it in the most barbarous and openly arrogant manner. The cover story was transparent and designed not to hold, to fall apart at the slightest scrutiny. The forces that killed Kennedy wanted the message clear: 'We are in control and no one -- not the President, not Congress, nor any elected official -- no one can do anything about it.' It was a message to the people that their Government was powerless. And the people eventually got the message. Consider what happened since the Kennedy assassination. People see government today as unresponsive to their needs, yet the budget and power of the military and intelligence establishment have increased tremendously.

"The tyranny of power is here. Current events tell us that those who killed Kennedy can only perpetuate their power by promoting social upheaval both at home and abroad. And that will lead not to revolution but repression. I suggest to you, my friend, that the interests of those who killed Kennedy now transcend national boundaries and national priorities. No doubt we are dealing now with an international conspiracy. We must face the fact -- not waste any more time microanalyzing the evidence. That's exactly what they want us to do. They have kept us busy for so long. And I will bet, buddy, that is what will happen to you. They'll keep you very, very busy and eventually, they'll wear you down."

What I've found since is that the conspiracy community is almost as dogmatic as the single-assassin theorist clique. Just as the lone-nutters keep moving Kennedy's back wound to his neck, no matter the evidence, many conspiracy theorists have this absolute and blinding conviction that all the evidence doesn't add up, or is contradictory, and that this is ALL the proof of conspiracy they need.....

First of all the "conspiracy community" is far larger and much more diverse than the "single-assassin theorist clique." It's not even close. Many have long ago moved from wounds and ballistics as a proof of conspiracy; in fact many members of this Forum have vastly different takes on what constitutes proof of conspiracy. For Pat Speer to pigeonhole conspiracy believers as equally dogmatic, based upon his "several years of study" sort of speaks like someone who thinks he has found the truth, while nearly everyone else is still searching.

As far as I know, I am the only person to study human cognition in relation to this case.

I'm sure that impresses everyone. Pat Speer has figured it out while the rest of the "conspiracy community" is mired in dogma.

In short, the grassy knoll head shot is the single-bullet theory of the conspiracy community. It's distracting and discreditied...passed on from generation to generation like a confederate flag waved by some poor fool at Gettysburg.

There now, don't some of you that believe in the possibilty of of a knoll head shot feel like a flag-gazing fool? Do you feel sheepish being part of a dogmatic community? Are you tempted to study human cognition?

And what about those in the above described "conspiracy community" that have found their evidence or proof of conspiracy outside the realm of the source of the shots?

Mike, Vince Salandria is a bit paranoid, don't you think? Who are these powerful forces that secretly manufacture evidence and control our world? I think they look and act like Dick Cheney, which is to say they are not nearly as sneaky and mysterious as Salandria would have us to believe.

I agree that some of the best work on the assassination has been done beyond the scope of Dealey Plaza. Larry Hancock and Peter Dale Scott are particular favorites.

I apologize if my tirades have disturbed you. I'm getting ready to unleash a 3 year long 600 page website on the internet, in which much new ground is broken, and am fairly certain it will be dismissed by all too many due to my refusal to subscribe to the "grassy knoll head shot/blown out back of the head" myth.

Pat Speer :""When I looked at all the evidence, I saw that the witnesses, the Z-film, and the autopsy photos all complement each other quite nicely. ""

The Government was in charge of....all

The Evidence, so

It would be no surprise that you would find, that your

Witness statements ,

The Zapruder film, and

The Autopsy photos would all compliment each other....?

If that is what you went looking for..

B..

What I've found since is that the conspiracy community is almost as dogmatic as the single-assassin theorist clique. Just as the lone-nutters keep moving Kennedy's back wound to his neck, no matter the evidence, many conspiracy theorists have this absolute and blinding conviction that all the evidence doesn't add up, or is contradictory, and that this is ALL the proof of conspiracy they need. This allows them to avoid looking at the actual evidence, which is in fact the real proof of conspiracy. What I said in an earlier post is true. As far as I know, I am the only person to study human cognition in relation to this case. Others have studied memory. It's not the same. A Stanford Psychology professor gave me some advice when I first began my research; she told me that the key is not in understanding why a bunch of doctors would remember something incorrectly, but in why they would perceive it incorrectly to begin with. When I stumbled onto studies of the effects of image rotation on facial recognition, I found what I was looking for. It is an accepted fact that looking at an image upside down or sideways has a strongly negative impact on one's ability to perceive relative distance inside the image. It is also a fact that memories can be contagious--that is, that when Clark and Perry began talking about a wound on the back of the head it affected the memories of others--which were specific as to size and nature, but fuzzy about location.

Believing that these doctors were mistaken is certainly a lot more logical than believing that the body or the autopsy photos were brilliantly altered to show conspiracy, and then replaced with comically fraudulent drawings, in which the back wound was moved to support that the back wound connected to the throat wound. I mean, why not just fake the back wound in a location that made sense, right? And why change the interpretation of an autopsy photo from its being the back of the head to the forehead, when all they had to do was fake a new photograph?

The answer, as is clear by the Z-film and the on-the-air statements of Newman and Zapruder before Kennedy's death was even announced, is that a bullet impacted on the top of Kennedy's head by his ear from behind, at the supposed exit. The autopsy photos and x-rays confirm this. There was no explosion out the back of the head. The back of the head wound witnessed at Parkland was the top of the head wound as seen when Kennedy was laying on his back with his feet up in the air.

Hey Pat:

You mention that "Believing that these doctors were mistaken is certainly a lot more logical than believing that the body or the autopsy photos were brilliantly altered to show conspiracy, and then replaced with comically fraudulent drawings, in which the back wound was moved to support that the back wound connected to the throat ."

You seem to give your impression and I notice you use the word dogmatic in your postings, I do see this also in your personal findings.I get the impression that as you have stated in the past ,you made a two year study before presenting your findings, last year for all......and well, to put it nicely you seem to be stuck there....imo......There are many who have been at this for over 40 years....and still have not come to any dogmatic conclusions...But apparently you do give me the impression that you have.

All the medical personal and witnesses suffered from shall I use the word mass "Hallucinations" would those words fill the bill for your Stanford Psychology professor,and yourself...or perhaps mass "Hysteria"......I do believe that is what you are implying....if not that then perhaps it was the boogleys..whatever..they were all suffering from it.

The facts are, that what the Witnesses, Medical personal al relate and the Zapruder films shows, does not comply....try as hard as many have for many years they simply do not....

Pat Speer: ""The answer, as is clear by the Z-film and the on-the-air statements of Newman and Zapruder before Kennedy's death was even announced, is that a bullet impacted on the top of Kennedy's head by his ear from behind, at the supposed exit. ""

You seem to imply here that Newman and Zapruder gave the impression, that a shot hit Kennedy's head by his ear From Behind...meaning the TSBD ?...They did not.

Pat Speer: ""In short, the grassy knoll head shot is the single-bullet theory of the conspiracy community. It's distracting and discreditied...passed on from generation to generation like a confederate flag waved by some poor fool at Gettysburg.""

Now why slam Gettysberg.? Who knows with positive proof if a shot from the Grassy Knoll killed the President, I do not, do you, does anyone?? Who know positively that it did not ?? Perhaps, Pat it is distracting to you, because you have made up your mind, and your theory is now it seems set in stone, and you now perhaps suffer from what some called a closed mind......could be...? So perhaps it is to you, while others here remain open minded and continuing their search..

There are many others who have done their research as you have done, such as within some of the books you mention but you found their work disjointed. So it

seems you have that right ,which you do, to not be satisfied with their specifc findings, therefore you should never find it surprising that others will do so with yours...happens many the time.

For many others nothing is distracting, they keep carrying on, as they are simply are not satisfied by any findings that have been presented so far, that totally answers their questions.. There is something lacking, in their opinion.......Dogmatic, yes I guess many are in their continuing search...Perhaps their Government tried to pull the wool over their eyes once too often, perhaps they are still withholding over a million pages from them...Perhaps it is simply because they have never gotten the positive open truth of any of the assassinations..No the peoples are not fools.

You apparently have done your work, and come to your conclusions, and good for you, my compliments.......This ole flag waver, isn't satisfied as yet, as well it seems neither are many more...

Now do not take offense, there, you spoke your mind, and now it was my turn....I await your new site, congrats on that......Cheers.

As far as the Crappy Zappy.........at last count I believe I read there are 6 versions now available...and

They certainly had the ability to edit films back then, that is no secret, how was it faked, within the head shot area, well they could have possibley take frames out thereby creating the jerky, too quick movements of all..that we have noticed, though I do concede in the newer version this is, and has been smoothed out.....my aren't new techniques wonderful.........there has been much research within that area..Some have asked, is there the name of a study that has been done by someone or ones, who have or had the experience within the film industry, I found the following information...if interested...

* Dr. Roderick Ryan believes he has discovered that the limousine is actually standing still in Z303 but is moving in Z302, even though the limousine appears to be moving at a nearly uniform speed in the film during this time (Noel Twyman, BLOODY TREASON, Rancho Santa Fe, CA: Laurel Publishing, 1997, pp. 158-159, 164-165). Notes Noel Twyman,

Experience tells us that the limousine could not have decelerated from 11 miles per hour to a complete stop in 1/18 second. (BLOODY TREASON, p. 165)

Dr. Ryan made this discovery by analyzing the blurring of background images in the two frames. Moreover, Dr. Ryan's son, who also works in motion picture film technology, studied the film and confirmed his father's discovery (BLOODY TREASON, p. 159).

In case some might be wondering about Dr. Ryan's background, he is a retired scientist from Kodak. He holds a Ph.D. from USC, majoring in cinema and communications. He worked for Kodak for 29 years. He spent his entire career in motion picture film technology. He is a recipient of the Scientific and Engineering Award from the Society of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. He has authored numerous books on motion picture technology and several articles on motion picture science. In addition, he is a Fellow of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and a member of the Committee for Selection of Scientific and Technical Awards, Special Effects, Documentary Films.

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/Marsh/Jfk-conspiracy/zfilmalt.htm

Dr.David Mantik in "Murder in Dealey Plaza"..page..220..states..

""If the evidence in the JFK case is merely accepted at Face Value, then the conclusions are rather trivial. The rookie Scotland Yard inspector can easily solve this case......It was Oswald alone. The real challenge is to assess the credibility of the evidence.

Vincent Bugliosi ,the former Los Angeles County prosecutor of Charles Manson ( and winner of virtually all of his other cases) still maintains that Oswald did it. He is even writing a book that will attempt to prove this. I have advised him that if he ignores this fundamental issue of evidence reliability then real communication between partisans across this chasm is unlikely to be advanced."" ..........we await Bugliosi's work....

For whomever else is still interested, below is some information on the Medical Personals ""Poor qualifications ""( according to some )who treated their President, J.F.Kennedy at Parkland Memorial Hospital, in a place called Dallas, Texas on Nov. 22/63.

Perhaps some people have missed or neglected the important areas of the statements and given information, by the Doctors and Nurses at Parkland Hospital, in Dallas, which could be perhaps one of the most important, as it does relate to the information seen within the head shot area of the Zapruder film..this could be the most serious material forgotten by many--of the whole medical case .

I don't call the Docs or nurses at Parkland, just eyewitnesses, they were a well trained medical emergency team..PARKLAND Memorial Hospital, Dallas, treated an average of 272 emergency cases a day, and saw many gunshot wounds..( The Doctors referred to the trauma team as "the knife and gun club." ).......

It was adjacent to and was the major teaching hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. It was staffed by the faculty of the medical school and had 150 interns and residents in all medical specialties...(info varies, some describe the numbers higher) one of the few within the US at the time, that had these groups arranged for this type of emergency, they saw on a daily basis, gun shot wounds, knifings,beatings etc.. the statements they made were not of a ordinary citizen witness, who were 15 feet away from the auto....

When they spoke they gave their medical opinion, therefore it is a part of the medical evidence, they gave their findings on the immediate condition of his body when received in the Trauma Room 1..and some their observations of the wounds...If not there would have not been a phone call the next day from a Bethesda Doc to Parkland...

We cannot ignore what they said and or the reports they made, it is a medical report...It has become well known through the years that Southwestern and the Government have not been what you could call subtle ,about their need for the Doctors who were in attendance, to keep quiet and to not divulge what they saw, and heard that weekend in November...1963.

A list of some of the staff Doctors who treated JFK follows...From Dr.Crenshaw's :"JFK Conspiracy of Silence" and his updated version "Trauma Room One."..great books, in this specific area...

Dr.G Shires, who became chief of surgery of Cornell Univ. Med school...and then chief of surgery at Texas Tech Medical ,

Dr. Malcolm Perry, who became professor of surgery and chief of vascular services at Vanderbilt Univ.Med.School, Nashville..and then professor and chief of vascular surgery at Texas Tech Univ.Med school..

Dr.Charles R.Baxter and Dr.Robert N McClelland professors of surgery at Southwestern Med school.

Dr.Charles J.Carrico chairman of the dept of surgery at Parkland and Southwestern Med school.

Dr.Ronald Jones chief of general surgery at Baylor Med Center.

Dr.Charles Crenshaw clinical professor of surgery at Southwestern Med. school...and director and chairman of Dept of surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.

Some of this staff did research in a fellowship under Dr.Shires...in which they eventually made medical history by discovering that death from hemorrhagic shock ( blood loss )can be due primarily to the body's adjunctive depletin of internal salt water into the cells....almost 30 years later, Drs. Joseph L.Goldsetin and Michael S.Brown at Southwestern Med School.......gained and made medical history by winning the Nobel Prize for their research into cholesterol metabolism...I am posting this information, to show that this medical staff was not some run of the mill, everyday, Doctor as some may believe...or propose ,nor was the Hospital by any means...the medical information and statements made by them on the wounds of the President must be taken seriously, by any given study within the medical area..

The following is information from

"Three Patients at Parkland" an article in the...

"Texas State Journal of Medicine, dated January 1964.and written in late November / early December,1963...before the official story was set in stone.This was on JFKs wounds......and was posted by Michael Parks.... I have no link...just downloaded and typed out in a folder on my pc..

""Charles J Carrico - Dr. Carrico was the first physician to see the President. A 1961 graduate

of Southwestern Medical School, he is 28 and a resident in surgery at Parkland.

He reported that when the patient entered the emergency room on an ambulance carriage he had

slow agonal respiratory efforts and occasional cardiac beats detectable by auscultation. Two

external wounds were noted; one a small wound of the anterior neck in the lower one third. The

other wound had caused avulsion of the occipitoparietal calvarium and shredded brain tissue was

present with profuse oozing. No pulse or blood pressure were present. Pupils were bilaterally

dilated and fixed. A cuffed endotracheal tube was inserted through the laryngoscope. A ragged

wound of the trachea was seen immediately below the larynx. The tube was advanced past the

laceration and the cuff inflated. Respiration was instituted using a respirator assistor on

automatic cycling. Concurrently, an intravenous infusion of lactated Ringer's solution was

begun via catheter placed in the right leg. Blood was drawn for typing and crossmatching. Type

0 Rh negative blood was obtained immediately.

In view of the tracheal injury and diminished breath sounds in the right chest, tracheostomy

was performed by Dr. Malcolm 0. Perry and bilateral chest tubes inserted. A second intravenous

infusion was begun in the left arm. In addition, Dr. M. T. Jenkins began respiration with the

anesthesia machine, cardiac monitor and stimulator attached. Solu-Cortef (300 mg.) was given

intravenously. Despite those measures, blood pressure never returned. Only brief

electrocardiographic evidence of cardiac activity was obtained.

Malcolm 0. Perry - Dr. Perry is an assistant professor of surgery at Southwestern Medical

School from which he received his degree in 1955. He is 34 years old and was certified by the

American Board of Surgery in 1963.

At the time of initial examination of the President, Dr. Perry has stated, the patient was

noted to be nonresponsive . His eyes were deviated and the pupils dilated. A considerable

quantity of blood was noted on the patient, the carriage, and the floor. A small wound was

noted in the midline of the neck in the lower third anteriorly. It was exuding blood slowly. A

large wound of the right posterior cranium was noted, exposing severely lacerated brain. Brain

tissue was noted in the blood at the head of the carriage.

Pulse or heart beat were not detectable but slow spasmodic respiration was noted. An

endotracheal tube was in place and respiration was being controlled. An intravenous infusion

was being placed in the leg. While additional venesections were done to administer fluids and

blood, a tracheostomy was effected. A right lateral injury to the trachea was noted. The

cuffed tracheostomy tube was put in place as the endotracheal tube was withdrawn and

respirations continued. Closed chest cardiac massage was instituted after placement of

sealed-drainage chest tubes, but without benefit. When electrocardiogram evaluation revealed

that no detectable electrical activity existed in the heart, resuscitative attempts were

abandoned. The team of physicians determined that the patient had expired.

Charles R. Baxter - Dr. Baxter is an assistant professor of surgery at Southwestern Medical

School where he first arrived as a medical student in 1950. Except for two years away in the

Army he has been at Southwestern and Parkland ever since, moving up from student to intern to

resident to faculty member. He is 34 and was certified by the American Board of Surgery in 1963.

Recalling his attendance to President Kennedy, he says he learned at approximately 12 :35

that the President was on the way to the emergency room and that he had been shot. When Dr.

Baxter arrived in the emergency room, he found an endotracheal tube in place and respirations

being assisted. A left chest tube was being inserted and cut-downs were functioning in one leg

and in the left arm. The President had a wound in the midline of the neck. On first

observation of the other wounds, portions of the right temporal and occipital bones were missing

and some of the brain was lying on the table. The rest of the brain was extensively macerated

and contused. The pupils were fixed and deviated laterally and were dilated. No pulse was

detectable and ineffectual respirations were being assisted. A tracheostomy was performed by

Dr. Perry and Dr. Baxter and a chest tube was inserted into the right chest (second interspace

anteriorly). Meanwhile one pint of O negative blood was administered without response. When

all of these measures were complete, no heart beat could be detected. Closed chest massage was

performed until a cardioscope could be attached. Brief cardiac activity was obtained followed

by no activity. Due to the extensive and irreparable brain damage which existed and since there

were no signs of life, no further attempts were made at resuscitation.

Robert N. McClelland - Dr. McClelland, 34, assistant professor of surgery at Southwestern

Medical School, is a graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He has

served with the Air Force in Germany and was certified by the American Board of Surgery in 1963.

Regarding the assassination of President Kennedy, Dr. McClelland says that at approximately

12:35 p.m. he was called from the second floor of the hospital to the emergency room. When he

arrived, President Kennedy was being attended by Drs. Perry, Baxter, Carrico, and Ronald Jones,

chief resident in surgery. The President was at that time comatose from a massive gunshot wound

of the head with a fragment wound of the trachea. An endotracheal tube had been placed and

assisted respiration started by Dr. Carrico who was on duty in the emergency room when the

President arrived. Drs. Perry, Baxter, and McClelland performed a tracheostomy for respiratory

distress and tracheal injury. Dr. Jones and Dr. Paul Peters, assistant professor of surgery, ;

inserted bilateral anterior chest tubes for pneumothoraces secondary to the tracheo-mediastinal

injury. Dr. Jones and assistants had started three cutdowns, giving blood and fluids

immediately. In spite of this, the President was pronounced dead at 1:00 p.m. by Dr. Clark, the

neurosurgeon, who arrived immediately after Dr. McClelland. The cause of death, according to

Dr. McClelland was the massive head and brain injury from a gunshot wound of the right side of

the head. The President was pronounced dead after external cardiac massage failed and

electrocardiographic activity was gone.

Fouad A, Bashour - Dr. Bashour received his medical education at the University of Beirut

School of Medicine in Lebanon. He is 39 and an associate professor of medicine in cardiology at

Southwestern Medical School.

At 12 :50 p.m. Dr. Bashour was called from the first floor of the hospital and told that

President Kennedy had been shot. He and Dr. Donald Seldin, professor and chairman of the

Department of Internal Medicine, went to the emergency room. Upon examination, they found that

the President had no pulsations, no heart beats, no blood pressure. The oscilloscope showed a

complete standstill. The President was declared dead at 1:00 p.m.

William Kemp Clark - Dr. Clark is associate professor and chairman of the Division of

Neurosurgery at Southwestern Medical School. The 38-year-old physician has done research on

head injuries and has been at Southwestern since 1956.

He reports this account of the President's treatment:

The President arrived at the emergency room entrance in the back seat of his limousine.

Governor Connally of Texas was also in this car. The first physician to see the President was

Dr. Carrico.

Dr. Carrico noted the President to have slow, agonal respiratory efforts. He could hear a

heart beat but found no pulse or blood pressure. Two external wounds, one in the lower third of

the anterior neck, the other in the occipital region of the skull, were noted. Through the head

wound, blood and brain were extruding. Dr. Carrico inserted a cuffed endotracheal tube and

while doing so, he noted a ragged wound of the trachea immediately below the larynx.

At this time, Drs. Perry, Baxter, and Jones arrived. Immediately thereafter, Dr. Jenkins and

Drs. A. H. Giesecke, Jr., and Jackie H. Hunt, two other staff anesthesiologists, arrived. The

endotracheal tube had been connected to a respirator to assist the President's breathing. An

anesthesia machine was substituted for this by Dr. Jenkins. Only 100 per cent oxygen was

administered.

A cutdown was performed in the right ankle, and a polyethylene catheter inserted in the vein.

An infusion of lactated Ringer's solution was begun. Blood was drawn for typing and

crossmatching, but unmatched type O Rh negative blood was immediately obtained and begun.

Hydrocortisone (300

mg.) was added to the intravenous fluids.

Dr. McClelland arrived to help in the President's care. Drs. Perry, Baxter, and McClelland

did a tracheostomy. Considerable quantities of blood were present in the President's oral

pharynx. At this time, Dr. Peters and Dr. Clark arrived.

Dr. Clark noted that the President had bled profusely from the back of the head. There was a

large (3 by 3 cm.) amount of cerebral tissue present on the cart. There was a smaller amount of

cerebellar tissue present also.

The tracheostomy was completed and the endotracheal tube was withdrawn. Suction was used to

remove blood in the oral pharynx. A nasogastric tube was passed into the stomach. Because of

the likelihood of mediastinal injury, anterior chest tubes were placed in both pleural spaces.

These were connected to sealed underwater drainage.

Neurological examination revealed the President's pupils to be widely dilated and fixed to

light. His eyes were divergent, being deviated outward; a skew deviation from the horizontal

was present. No deep tendon reflexes or spontaneous movements were found.

When Dr. Clark noted that there was no carotid pulse, he began closed chest massage. A pulse

was obtained at the carotid and femoral levels.

Dr. Perry then took over the cardiac massage so that Dr. Clark could evaluate the head wound.

There was a large wound beginning in the right occiput extending into the parietal region.

Much of the right posterior skull, at brief examination, appeared gone. The previously

described extruding brain was present. Profuse bleeding had occurred and 1500 cc. of blood was

estimated to be on the drapes and floor of the emergency operating room. Both cerebral and

cerebellar tissue were extruding from the wound.

By this time an electrocardiograph was hooked up. There was brief electrical activity of the

heart which soon stopped.

The President was pronounced dead at 1:00 p.m. by Dr. Clark.

M. T. Jenkins - Dr. Jenkins is professor and chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology at

Southwestern Medical School. He is 46, a graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch in

Galveston, and was certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in 1952. During World War

II he served in the Navy as a lieutenant commander.

When Dr. Jenkins was notified that the President was being brought to the emergency room at

Parkland, he dispatched Drs. Giesecke and Hunt with an anesthesia machine and resuscitative

equipment to the major surgical emergency room area. He ran downstairs to find upon his arrival

in the emergency operating room that Dr. Carrico had begun resuscitative efforts by introducing

an orotracheal tube, connecting it for controlled ventilation to a Bennett intermittent positive

pressure breathing apparatus. Drs. Baxter, Perry, and McClelland arrived at the same time and

began a tracheostomy and started the insertion of a right chest tube, since there was also

obvious tracheal and chest damage. Drs. Peters and Clark arrived simultaneously and immediately

thereafter assisted respectively with the insertion of the right chest tube and with manual

closed chest cardiac compression to assure circulation. Dr. Jenkins believes it evidence of the

clear thinking of the resuscitative team that the patient received 300 mg. hydrocortisone

intravenously in the first few minutes.

For better control of artificial ventilation, Dr. Jenkins exchanged the intermittent positive

pressure breathing apparatus for an anesthesia machine and continued artificial ventilation.

Dr. Gene Akin, a resident in anesthesiology, and Dr. Giesecke connected a cardioscope to

determine cardiac activity.

During the progress of these activities, the emergency room cart was elevated at the feet in

order to provide a Trendelenburg position, a venous cutdown was performed on the right saphenous

vein and additional fluids were begun in a vein in the left forearm while blood was ordered from

the blood bank. All of these activities were completed by approximately 12:50 at which time

external cardiac massage was still being carried out effectively by Dr. Clark as judged by a

palpable peripheral pulse. Despite these measures there was only brief electrocardiographic

evidence of cardiac activity.

These described resuscitative activities were indicated as of first importance, and after

they were carried out, attention was turned to other evidences of injury. There was a great

laceration on the right side of the head (temporal and occipital), causing a great defect in the

skull plate so that there was herniation and laceration of great areas of the brain, even to the

extent that part of the right cerebellum had protruded from the wound. There were also

fragmented sections of brain on the drapes of the emergency room cart. With the institution of

adequate cardiac compression, there was a great flow of blood from the cranial cavity,

indicating that there was much vascular damage as well as brain tissue damage. President

Kennedy was pronounced dead at 1 p.m.

It is Dr. Jenkins' personal feeling that all methods of resuscitation were instituted

expeditiously and efficiently. However, he says, the cranial and intracranial damage was of

such magnitude as to cause irreversible damage......""

Their information cannot be left out nor taken lightly in any study of the wounds, if all is not considered then IMO any study will end up wanting..

No a final word from Abraham Zapruder......

Even Abraham Zapruder himself stated. .

At 9:55 p.m. Dallas time on November 22..United States PRS Special Agent Maxwell D. Phillips sent a hand-written memo (Warren Commission Document, CD87) to U.S. Secret Service Chief James Rowley. That accompanied one of the first generation copies said of Zapruder's origins of at least one shot, "According to Mr Zapruder the position of the assassin was behind Mr Zapruder.".....

Behind Mr. Zapruder was the Dealey Plaza grassy knoll......no matter how you try to twist his body around, as he filmed.....However (by the time) in his testimony to the Warren Commission Zapruder was less certain..though I believe he mentions the shot came from behind him no less that three times..but finally replies as he was instructed ? to....

Thanks

B......

Showing the scull from the back.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Mike, Vince Salandria is a bit paranoid, don't you think?

Pat, I think he has earned the right to be a bit paranoid. Salandria was at the vanguard of first-generation researchers.

He made many important discoveries and shared them with other researchers. In many ways, he helped lay the foundation for where research is today. And regardless of his level of paranoia, his statements can be accepted or rejected on face value. Personally, I think they carry a lot of weight.

Who are these powerful forces that secretly manufacture evidence and control our world? I think they look and act like Dick Cheney, which is to say they are not nearly as sneaky and mysterious as Salandria would have us to believe.

That's a broad question. I can't answer it. I believe Dick Cheney has a relatively minor role in policy. His health is not robust enough for one thing, and most of his time is spent speaking in front of pro-Bush gatherings and appearing on news programs at the appropiate time to give a pro-administration spin on current events. There are powerful people above Dick Cheney. Don't ask me who.

I apologize if my tirades have disturbed you. I'm getting ready to unleash a 3 year long 600 page website on the internet, in which much new ground is broken, and am fairly certain it will be dismissed by all too many due to my refusal to subscribe to the "grassy knoll head shot/blown out back of the head" myth.

No apologies necessary. Tirades and disturbed would not be my choice of words. And as Bernice said, "I await your new site, congrats on that......Cheers." Some will dismiss it for other reasons as I've already mentioned, Maybe some believe that the wounds and ballistics are not the key to solving the case. Or some may simply disagree with some of your findings and conclusions. Others will not have the wherewithal to study 600 pages on medical evidence and the President's mortal wounds.

I hope that the new ground you are breaking will be debated here. And that whatever findings you advance will be discussed on their strengths and weaknesses, rather than a prevailing, pre-conceived notion about the knoll.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Bernice

Exceptionally well done as has come to be expected from your detailed efforts.

Were one to read ONLY your posting of the reports of the highly qualified Doctors and Staff at Parkland on "the afternoon" of 11/22/63, there can be litte doubt regarding either the "cognizance" or the competence of those who attended the President.

These responses were immediate and without input of "any outside or politically motivated source".

It has been my opinion, that these statements are furher complemented by those eyewitness statements given "only on the afternoon of 11/22/63" by the eyewitnesses which viewed the bullet strikes.

Unless those of the Parkland Staff and the onlookers at the scene of the shootings, can be ridiculously believed to have been PRE PROGRAMMED TO LIE.....then how can anyone credibly state that this is not the most, by a great margin, the most immediate and credible evidence of the shooting and the inflicted wounds that can possibly be considered. The Parkland medical opinions would be considered both "expert and best evidence" by any court in ANY LAND !

It is as the body illegally and at gunpoint leaves Parkland, that the Conspiracy to Cover the Coup begins.(and has not yet ended)

The case "against conspiracy" lies ONLY in government controlled film and photographs of both the assassination sequence and the Presidential wounds, and the illegally re - written autopsy report, of the the three "VERY CONTROLLED" U.S. Military Officers who were the government appointed Autopsists, and sworn to secrecy along with the remainder of the Bethesda Staff.

This scenario would not even seem credible in a

"C" classified movie.

And then you are given a film that shows nothing regarding true evidence of the assassination, but are told that it must be accepted as fact because it is the governments ridiculous position that this film "could not be successfully altered"... "SO IT IS ABSOLUTE FACT"!

And then if you have not yet had enough Disneyesque BS thrown at you....you are presented with faked photographs of the Presidents wounds depicting things unseen by any human being on 11/22/63.

Most of the above posts are indicative of why I stated in my initial thread, that I had a simple question that would not, because it could not, be answered.

I should think that most who participate here, have long known that this case has long been solved.

There are some of you, not myself included, that are seeking the names and locations of shooters, which in my opinion is now of absolutely no significance. I really don't care if a group of those old men who might be still be alive ever see the inside of a jail. As a matter of fact, I truly believe that MOST of those FEW active participants, had been convinced that they were doing an absolutely patriotic duty, in the interest of National Security.

My interest in this case has not been to send octogenarians to jail, but to REVEAL FOR HISTORY, THE TRUTH. So that this revelation will disallow anything similar to ever re occur !

Charlie Black

Bernice

Unless those of the Parkland Staff and the onlookers at the scene of the shootings, can be ridiculously believed to have been PRE PROGRAMMED TO LIE.....then how can anyone credibly state that this is not the most, by a great margin, the most immediate and credible evidence of the shooting and the inflicted wounds that can possibly be considered. The Parkland medical opinions would be considered both "expert and best evidence" by any court in ANY LAND !

It is as the body illegally and at gunpoint leaves Parkland, that the Conspiracy to Cover the Coup begins.(and has not yet ended)

The case "against conspiracy" lies ONLY in government controlled film and photographs of both the assassination sequence and the Presidential wounds, and the illegally re - written autopsy report, of the the three "VERY CONTROLLED" U.S. Military Officers who were the government appointed Autopsists, and sworn to secrecy along with the remainder of the Bethesda Staff.

And then you are given a film that shows nothing regarding true evidence of the assassination, but are told that it must be accepted as fact because it is the governments ridiculous position that this film "could not be successfully altered"... "SO IT IS ABSOLUTE FACT"!

I should think that most who participate here, have long known that this case has long been solved.

As a matter of fact, I truly believe that MOST of those FEW active participants, had been convinced that they were doing an absolutely patriotic duty, in the interest of National Security.

My interest in this case has not been to send octogenarians to jail, but to REVEAL FOR HISTORY, THE TRUTH. So that this revelation will disallow anything similar to ever re occur !

Charlie Black

Great thoughts. I too believe this was done in the interest of "National Security". It had to be.

Edited by Peter McGuire

These described resuscitative activities were indicated as of first importance, and after

they were carried out, attention was turned to other evidences of injury. There was a great

laceration on the right side of the head (temporal and occipital), causing a great defect in the

skull plate so that there was herniation and laceration of great areas of the brain, even to the

extent that part of the right cerebellum had protruded from the wound. There were also

fragmented sections of brain on the drapes of the emergency room cart. With the institution of

adequate cardiac compression, there was a great flow of blood from the cranial cavity,

indicating that there was much vascular damage as well as brain tissue damage. President

Kennedy was pronounced dead at 1 p.m.

It is Dr. Jenkins' personal feeling that all methods of resuscitation were instituted

expeditiously and efficiently. However, he says, the cranial and intracranial damage was of

such magnitude as to cause irreversible damage......""

Their information cannot be left out nor taken lightly in any study of the wounds, if all is not considered then IMO any study will end up wanting..

No a final word from Abraham Zapruder......

Even Abraham Zapruder himself stated. .

At 9:55 p.m. Dallas time on November 22..United States PRS Special Agent Maxwell D. Phillips sent a hand-written memo (Warren Commission Document, CD87) to U.S. Secret Service Chief James Rowley. That accompanied one of the first generation copies said of Zapruder's origins of at least one shot, "According to Mr Zapruder the position of the assassin was behind Mr Zapruder.".....

Behind Mr. Zapruder was the Dealey Plaza grassy knoll......no matter how you try to twist his body around, as he filmed.....However (by the time) in his testimony to the Warren Commission Zapruder was less certain..though I believe he mentions the shot came from behind him no less that three times..but finally replies as he was instructed ? to....

Thanks

B......

Showing the scull from the back.....

Bernice, you seem to imply that Zapruder saw a wound on the back of the head, when his impression that the shots came from behind him, and to the side of Kennedy not front, came from the sound of the shots, (and probably from the location of the wound). There was no visible impact on the back of the head, because there was none at 313. Certainly you've seen Zapruder's on-air interview just after the shots, where he grabs near his temple to show the location of the wound, singular. Not coincidentally, this is the same location pointed out by Newman and Kilduff, and shown in the Z-film and the autopsy photos. But you would rather think they were all wrong, and that the Z-film and autopsy photos are fake, than that the Parkland doctors could be mistaken? Based on what? Half the Parkland witnesses changed their minds once shown the autopsy photos. How many of them will say today that the photos are fake? Even McClelland believes they are legit.

The belief that the Parkland witness statements trump all other forms of evidence is irrational, IMO.

Your concept that I am stuck in my research is also incorrect. I have continued to study the medical evidence and am still learning. I notice you use the summaries in The Texas State Journal of Medicine to support your belief that the Parkland doctors are credible. If you read their actual statements you'll notice a few things that are quite important. 1) McClelland, the most vocal of the back of the head proponents, originally stated there was an entrance wound on the left side. This is PROOF that his back of the head arguments are a re-construction of his impressions, and not his original impressions. His opinion on this issue should therefore be heavily discounted. 2) Jenkins states that they put Kennedy into the Trendelenburg position to help circulation. The Trendelenburg position is where the patient's feet are lifted 45 degrees above the patient's head. At such time, the top of the patient's head is at the far back of the space of the patient's head. At such time, it would be possible for someone standing at the head of the table to look down into an opening on top of the head, and see the lower back part of the brain, and confuse macerated cerebrum for cerebellum. With Kennedy laying flat on his back, and with a wound on the back of his head, of course, this would be impossible.

I am generally a cautious fellow. If I am sure of myself on this issue it's because I've explored the options. We are not camcorders and VCRs. Our impressions are highly liquid, and our memories are highly flawed. You are correct to state that the doctors did not hallucinate. They mis-remembered something in a pattern. As stated, cognitive psychologists study these patterns. There is a well-studied pattern, whereby people have great difficulty mentally rotating faces. You can see a chair from behind and recognize it as a chair. Ditto with a car. But if you see a well-known person's face upside down you'll have great difficulty recognizing them. I believe this offers an explanation for the Parkland mistakes. It has not yet been tested but I will seek to do so in the future.

Edited by Pat Speer

There is no evidence however for a firecracker exploding in the car. Zilch. None.

Last time I looked, Pat, even US courts were still relying on such irrelevances as eye-, and ear-witness testimony. If that weren't the case, we would be confronted with an awful lot of unemployed legal types. A not unattractive development, I concede, but hardly the present state of affairs.

And as demonstrated above, Elm Street witnesses DID indicate shots emanated from within the presidential limousine. All you have told me so far is you don't like the fact. Nor were they alone: At least four Parkland doctors have expressed an opinion that the head wound was caused by a handgun. Three did so before the Warren Commission.

As far back as 1975, Newcomb and Adams offered an eminently sensible explanation for why more witnesses did not offer same: "Self-censorship may exist most strongly when people are confronted with a force capable of killing a very important victim, in broad daylight, with impunity. The odds of their experiencing reprisal would dictate prudence. In short, witnesses' opinion of the political power of the killers would determine their amount of recall," Murder From Within, chapter 3, "Execution."

What makes no sense is that the Hesters would watch the assassination, from as close as they did, and NOT see the skull explode.
It makes perfect sense if the event depicted on the Z-fraud never happened.

Paul

First of all, in my original post I screwed up and said Hesters when I meant to say Franzens. Second, are you really saying there was no explosion of the skull? Methinks you're just playing...

Bernice

This scenario would not even seem credible in a

"C" classified movie.

And then if you have not yet had enough Disneyesque BS thrown at you....you are presented with faked photographs of the Presidents wounds depicting things unseen by any human being on 11/22/63.

Most of the above posts are indicative of why I stated in my initial thread, that I had a simple question that would not, because it could not, be answered.

There are some of you, not myself included, that are seeking the names and locations of shooters, which in my opinion is now of absolutely no significance. I really don't care if a group of those old men who might be still be alive ever see the inside of a jail. As a matter of fact, I truly believe that MOST of those FEW active participants, had been convinced that they were doing an absolutely patriotic duty, in the interest of National Security.

Charlie Black

Charlie, the evidence you think makes a "case against conspiracy" in fact proves one. The case will only move forward, IMO, when people stop listening to what the government's experts say the evidence shows, and do original research to see what it really shows.

I am not alone in my attempts to look at the prime evidence and understand it. Gary Murr and John Hunt, for example, are doing some great work along these lines and I anxiously await their books.

I am currently working on a video series which will prove, one hopes, that the government experts have been misleading the public about the mystery photo since 1967. To do this, I am devoting two segments to the history of the back wound, and how the government orchestrated a series of lies about its location. These segments rely on the autopsy photos as the proof of the lie. I assure you that they will be convincing. Your assertion that these photos support the government's claims therefore makes no sense to me. It's like saying 2 + 2 = 5. It simply does not.

McClelland, the most vocal of the back of the head proponents, originally stated there was an entrance wound on the left side. This is PROOF that his back of the head arguments are a re-construction of his impressions, and not his original impressions. His opinion on this issue should therefore be heavily discounted.

I disagree. McClelland told the ARRB that when he came into the room, Jenkins told him there was an entrance wound in the left temple. McClelland said there was a lot of blood on the left temple and he took Jenkins's word for it, but McClelland himself did not look for or see any wound there. He included what Jenkins told him in his written statement. That does not mean it was one of McClelland's "original impressions" in terms of what he himself saw. McClelland also said BTW that Jenkins later denied telling him there was a left temple wound. McClelland reminded him that he did but let it go.

BTW a fascinating passage of the ARRB interview with the Parkland doctors is when Jones says that Lito Puerto, a Parkland neurosurgeon, said that JFK had been shot in the leg. Puerto said "I put my finger in the hole."

Jones then asked the ARRB's Mr. Gunn, "Why don't you get Puerto down here to clarify that comment?"

Yes, why in the hell didn't they? And if Puerto is still around, why hasn't anyone asked him? I can see where under the circumstances in Trauma Room 1 a wound in the leg might be overlooked, with maybe one doctor noting it. At least someone get the man's statement!

McClelland, the most vocal of the back of the head proponents, originally stated there was an entrance wound on the left side. This is PROOF that his back of the head arguments are a re-construction of his impressions, and not his original impressions. His opinion on this issue should therefore be heavily discounted.

I disagree. McClelland told the ARRB that when he came into the room, Jenkins told him there was an entrance wound in the left temple. McClelland said there was a lot of blood on the left temple and he took Jenkins's word for it, but McClelland himself did not look for or see any wound there. He included what Jenkins told him in his written statement. That does not mean it was one of McClelland's "original impressions" in terms of what he himself saw. McClelland also said BTW that Jenkins later denied telling him there was a left temple wound. McClelland reminded him that he did but let it go.

BTW a fascinating passage of the ARRB interview with the Parkland doctors is when Jones says that Lito Puerto, a Parkland neurosurgeon, said that JFK had been shot in the leg. Puerto said "I put my finger in the hole."

Jones then asked the ARRB's Mr. Gunn, "Why don't you get Puerto down here to clarify that comment?"

Yes, why in the hell didn't they? And if Puerto is still around, why hasn't anyone asked him? I can see where under the circumstances in Trauma Room 1 a wound in the leg might be overlooked, with maybe one doctor noting it. At least someone get the man's statement!

McClelland was covering, Ron. He probably mixed up his right and his left, and then became too embarrassed to disagree with Clark and the others. He makes no mention of a large wound on the back of Kennedy's head in his statement at all, ONLY the wound in the left temple. He did not see a large exit or entrance on the back of the head. His saying so months and years later is of minor importance. He almost certainly changed his statements to fit what he was led to believe, much as Bonnie Ray Williams, Harold Norman, and Howard Brennan.

PARKLAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

ADMISSION NOTE

DATE AND HOUR Nov. 22, 1963 4:45 P.M. DOCTOR: Robert N. McClelland

Statement Regarding Assassination of President Kennedy

At approximately 12:45 PM on the above date I was called from the second floor of Parkland Hospital and went immediately to the Emergency Operating Room. When I arrived President Kennedy was being attended by Drs Malcolm Perry, Charles Baxter, James Carrico, and Ronald Jones. The President was at the time comatose from a massive gunshot wound of the head with a fragment wound of the trachea. An endotracheal tube and assisted respiration was started immediately by Dr. Carrico on Duty in the EOR when the President arrived. Drs. Perry, Baxter, and I then performed a tracheotomy for respiratory distress and tracheal injury and Dr. Jones and Paul Peters inserted bilateral anterior chest tubes for pneumothoracis secondary to the tracheomediastinal injury. Simultaneously Dr. Jones had started 3 cut-downs giving blood and fluids immediately, In spite of this, at 12:55 he was pronounced dead by Dr. Kemp Clark the neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery who arrived immediately after I did. The cause of death was due to massive head and brain injury from a gunshot wound of the left temple. He was pronounced dead after external cardiac message failed and ECG activity was gone.

Robert N. McClelland M.D.

Asst. Prof. of Surgery

Southwestern Med.

School of Univ of Tex.

Dallas, Texas

Ron you may be interested in this research.......B

I have spaced Vince's post so that it is much easier to read....

THE MEDICAL EVIDENCE: THE (EARLIEST) REPORTS

By Vincent Michael Palamara (1/1/99)

vmplac@telerama.com

[abridged entries and excerpts from over 100 entries, out of a total of 325, from the author's 1998 book entitled "JFK: The Medical EvidenceReference" (339 pages)

]1) Dr. William Kemp Clark, Chief Neurosurgeon: WR 516-518/ 17 H 1-3 / CE 392 [undated summary; see also 21 H 150-152:Clark’s 11/23/63 report to Admiral Burkley with the verbatim summary .In addition, see “Assassination Science”, pp. 416-418: this is an FBIreport dated 11/25/63 which includes the verbatim summary to Burkleyfrom 11/23/63]---“..in the occipital region of the skull…”; “There was alarge wound in the right occipitoparietal region…”; “Both cerebral and cerebellar tissue were extruding from the wound.”;

2) Dr. Malcolm Oliver "Mac" Perry, Attending Surgeon:a) WR 521-522/ 17 H 6-7/ CE392: report written 11/22/63---“A large woundof the right posterior cranium…”;:tomatoes Parkland press conference, 11/22/63 [see “Assassination Science”, pp.419-427; silent film clip used in “Reasonable Doubt” (1988), “20/20”(4/92), etc.]---“There was an entrance wound in the neck…It appeared to be coming at him…The wound appeared to be an entrance wound in the frontof the throat; yes, that is correct. The exit wound, I don’t know. Itcould have been the head or there could have been a second wound of the head.” (apparently, based off this conference, the Associated Pressdispatch on 11/22/63 stated that Dr. Perry "said the entrance wound was in the front of the head," while all the AP wires for this day stated that JFK had a large hole in the "back" of his head.);

3) Dr. Robert Nelson McClelland, Attending Surgeon:a) WR 526-527 / 17 H 11-12 / CE 392: report written 11/22/63---“…amassive gunshot wound of the head with a fragment wound of the trachea…The cause of death was due to massive head and brain injury from a gunshot wound of the left temple.”;:news “St. Louis Post-Dispatch”, 12/1/63---“This [the neck wound] did appear to be an entrance wound.”c)e) 6 H 33-34, 35, 37 / testimony---“…I could very closely examine the head wound, and I noted that the right posterior portion of the skull had been extremely blasted…probably a third or so, at least, of thebrain tissue, posterior cerebral tissue and some of the cerebellar tissue had been blasted out…”; "…there was definitely a piece of cerebellum that extruded from the wound…"; “…the loss of cerebral and cerebellar tissues were so great…massive head injuries with loss of large amounts of cerebral and cerebellar tissues…”; “The initial impression that we had was that perhaps the wound in the neck, the anterior part of the neck, was an entrance wound and that it had perhaps taken a trajectory off the anterior vertebral body and again into theskull itself, exiting out the back, to produce the massive injury in the head.”;

4) Dr. Marion Thomas “Pepper” Jenkins, Chief Anesthesiologist [deceased11/22/94]: WR 529-530 / 17 H 14-15 / CE 392: report addressed to AdministratorC.J. Price dated 11/22/63 (the verbatim, retyped report, this time addressed to Dean A.J. Gill, can be found at 20 H 252-253)---“ a great laceration on the right side of the head (temporal and occipital),causing a great defect in the skull plate so that there was herniation and laceration of great areas of the brain, even to the extent that the cerebellum had portruded from the wound.”[see also p. 35 of JesseCurry's 1969 book entitled "JFK Assassination File"]

;5) Dr. Charles James "Jim" Carrico, Resident Surgeon:a) WR 519-520 / 17 H 4-5 / CE 392: handwritten report dated 11/22/63---“[the skull] wound had avulsed the calvarium and shredded brain tissue present with profuse oozing…attempts to control slow oozingfrom cerebral and cerebellar tissue via packs instituted….”; “small penetrating wound of ent. neck”;

6) Dr. Ronald Coy Jones, Chief Resident Surgeon:a) 20 H 333: handwritten report dated 11/23/63---“…severe skull andvbrain injury was noted as well as a small hole in anterior midline ofvneck thought to be a bullet entrance wound…air was bubbling through theneck wound.”;b)a) 6 H 53-54, 56 / testimony (3/24/64)---“…he had a large wound in thevright posterior side of the head…There was large defect in the back side of the head as the President lay on the cart with what appeared to be some brain hanging out of this wound with multiple pieces of skull notedvwith the brain…”; “what appeared to be an exit wound in the posterior portion of the skull…the only speculation that I could have as far as to how this could occur with a single wound would be that it would enter the anterior neck and possibly strike a vertebral body and then change its course and exit in the region of the posterior portion of thehead.”; "The hole [in the throat] was very small and relatively cleancut, as you would see in a bullet that is entering rather than exiting from a patient.";

7) Dr. Gene Coleman Akin, Resident Anesthesiologist [a.k.a. Solomon Ben Israel]: 6 H 65 and 67 / testimony---“The back of the right occipital parietal portion of his head was shattered, with brain substance extruding.”; “I assume the right occiptal parietal region was the exit, so to speak, that he had probably been hit on the other side of the head, or at least tangentially in the back of the head…”; “this [the neck wound] must have been an entrance wound…”;

8) Dr. Paul Conrad Peters, Urologist:6 H 70-71 / testimony---“It was pointed out that an examination of the brain had been done…we saw the wound of entry in the throat and noted the large occipital wound…”;“…I noticed that there was a large defect in the occiput…It seemed to me that in the right occipital parietal area that there was a large defect.”;

9) Dr. Charles A. Crenshaw, Resident Surgeon:a) “Conspiracy of Silence” (1992), p. 86 (and throughout [inc. photos ofhimself])---“I walked to the President’s head to get a closer look. His entire right cerebral hemisphere appeared to be gone. It looked like a crater---an empty cavity…From the damage I saw, there was no doubt in mymind that the bullet had entered his head through the front, and as it surgically passed through his cranium, the missile obliterated part of the temporal and all the parietal and occipital lobes before it lacerated the cerebellum.”; [p. 79] “I also identified a small opening about the diameter of a pencil at the midline of his throat to be an entry bullet hole. There was no doubt in my mind about that wound.”;:pop “High Treason 2", pp. 110-115 and 549 (interviews of 7/12/80 [90?]and 9/21/91)---“…it was in the parietal-occipital area”; thinks thebody was tampered with at Bethesda;c) WC references to his presence on 11/22/63: 6 H 40 (Baxter), 6 H 31-32(McClelland), 6 H 80-81 (Salyer), 6 H 141 (Henchcliffe), 6 H 60(Curtis)+15 H 761: index;d) Completely overlooked WC reference to his presence on 11/24/63: 21 H265(report by Parkland Administrator Charles Price)---“Dr. CharlesCrenshaw was in the corridor and said they had been alerted. He said,‘You’re not going to put him [Oswald] in the same room the President was in, are you?’ told him I surely was glad he had thought of it and by all means, not to.”;

10) Dr. Charles Rufus Baxter, Attending Surgeon:WR 523 / 17 H 8 / CE392---hand written report dated 11/22/63----“…the right temporal and occipital bones were missing and the brain was lying on the table, with [extensive?] maceration and contusion…”;

11) Dr. Robert G. Grossman, Resident Neurosurgeon:a) “High Treason”, pages 30, 36, 51, 53, 459 (“The Boston Globe”, June21, 1981-notes placed in JFK Library [see also "Killing Kennedy", pp.303-304, "Between The Signal and the Noise" by Roger Bruce Feinman(1993) and Groden's "TKOAP", p. 181])---saw two separate head wounds: a large defect in the parietal area above the right ear, as well as “a large [albeit smaller than the first wound described], separate wound,located squarely in the occiput.”; "…described a large hole squarely in the occiput, far too large for a bullet entry wound…"; Grossman: "It was clear to me…that the right parietal bone had been lifted up by a bullet which had exited."; noticed the skin flap near the right temple; Dr.Clark picked up the back of the head to demonstrate the wound; B) 6 H 81 (Salyer)---confirms Grossman’s presence in Trauma Room One;

12) Dr. Richard Brooks Dulany, Resident Surgeon [Dulaney]:a) 6 H 114 /testimony (3/25/64)---“…he had a large head wound—that was the first thing I noticed.” Arlen Specter did not have him elaborate on any details.;

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/Kennedy/index.htmlb

) other WC references: WR 56, 529; 3 H 358, 384; 6 H 2, 11, 46, 52-53,69, 73-74; 17 H 14; 21 H 241;c) “High Treason”, pages 43, 46, 460,and 489 (“The Boston Globe”,6/21/81 [see also "Killing Kennedy", page 303])---“The copy of the autopsy photo was shown to him by the Globe and he stated that it was not accurate. When shown the official picture, he said that there was a“definite conflict” and “that’s not the way I remember it.”**; “Somebody lifted up his head and showed me the back of his head. We couldn't see much until they picked up his head. I was standing beside him. The wound was on the back of his head. On the back side…the whole back-side was gone..it was a big gaping wound.”; **”The tape and summary of Dulaney is in the JFK Library, and I have since talked with him, verifying this.";

13) Dr. Adolph Hartung "Buddy" Giesecke, Jr., Anesthesiologist:a) 20 H 5-7: 11/25/63 report re: care of Gov. Connally;B) 6 H 74 / testimony---“..I noticed that he had a very large cranial wound, with loss of brain substance, and it seemed most of the bleeding was coming from the cranial wound…from the vertex to the left ear, and from the browline to the occiput on the left-hand side of the head the cranium was entirely missing.”;

14) Dr. Fouad A. Bashour, Chief Cardiologist:a) WR 528 / 17 H 13 / CE392: handwritten report dated 11/22/63---verybrief report that doesn’t mention the wounds;B) 6 H 61-62 /testimony---“…the head wound was massive…”: no detailswere elicited during Bashour’s brief testimony;

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/Kennedy/index.htmlc

) other WC references: WR 53-54, 518, 537; 3 H 360, 371; 6 H 4, 11, 20,32, 40, 64, 145, 149; 17 H 3, 22; 20 H 5; 21 H 152;d) January 1964 “Texas State Journal of Medicine” article “ThreePatients at Parkland”, p. 63---repeats the gist of his brief 11/22/63 report;e) “High Treason”, p. 45 (“The Continuing Inquiry”, 10/80; see also “Conspiracy”, p. 481)---“He was most insistent that the official picture was not representative of the wounds, and he continually laid his hand both on the back of Livinsgtone’s head and his own to show where the large hole was. “Why do they cover it up?” he repeated numerous times.“This is not the way it was!” he kept repeating, shaking his head no.”;

15) Dr. Kenneth Everett Salyer, Resident Surgeon:6 H 81 /testimony---“…he did have some sucking wound of some type on his neck…”;“…(JFK) had a wound of his right temporal region…I came in on the left side of him and noticed that his major wound seemed to be in his right temporal area, at least from the point of view that I could see him, and other than that---nothing other than he did have a gaping scalp wound---cranial wound.”;

16) Nurse Patricia B. "Trish" Hutton (Gustafson):21 H 216: report of activities on 11/22/63---“Mr. Kennedy was bleeding profusely from a wound in the back of his head…A doctor asked me to place a pressure dressing on the head wound. This was no use, however, because of the massive opening on the back of the head.”;

17) Chief Supervising Nurse Doris Mae Nelson [deceased 10/3/83]:a) 21 H 155: 11/25/63 affidavit re: Record of Death;B) 20 H 640-643 /21 H 241-244: report of activities [see alsoManchester, p. 673];c) 6 H 145 /testimony---“…I could look and see [JFK] and tell that it was him…mainly his head ”: Specter did not ask nor did she volunteer info. regarding the head wound;d)12/82 interview with David Lifton (“BE”, p. 704)---“Doris Nelson told me the tracheotomy was not the one she remembered: “Looks a little large to me…[it] shouldn’t be that big…It wasn’t any 7-8 cm. [it was] just wide enough to get the trach tube in.”; “She looked at [the official autopsy photos of the back of the head] and shook her head from side to side..she remembered a large wound there.”;

18) Nurse Audrey N. Bell :a) 6 H 52 (Jones);other WC references: WR 536; 17 H 21, 841; 20 H 333;21 H 172, 187, 246, 248; 24 H 26;b)12/82 interview by David Lifton (“BE”, p. 704)---“The wound she saw was so localized at the rear that, from her position on the right handside, with Kennedy lying face up, she couldn’t see ANY damage…Perry pointed to the back of the President’s head.” Re: trach photo: “Looks like somebody has enlarged it…You don’t make trachs that big. Not if you’ve got as much experience as Perry has.”;

19) Nurse Diana Hamilton Bowron:19 H 167-170: 11/23/63 newspaper articles---“There was a gaping wound in the back of his head.";

20) Dr. William Midgett, Ob-Gyn Resident:a) 6 H 135-136 (Bowron), 21 H 213 (Lozano)---confirm Midgett’s presenceand duties;B) “JFK-Conspiracy of Silence”(1992), p. 74---same; c) 4/16/92 interview with Gerald Posner for “Case Closed”, 287,310-311---“…it was more parietal than occipital---that much I couldsee.”;d) 2/8/93 interview with Wallace Milam [transcript provided to author]---"Midgett saw one wound---in the head. He called it "right parietal area" and said it was behind the ear. He estimated it as being 6 cm in diameter. A piece of skull was missing and there was an absence of brain (Midgett called it "a hole" where the brain had been). Midgett said, "The brain was all over the car.";

21) Dr. Don Teel Curtis, Resident Oral Surgeon:a) 6 H 60 / testimony---“…I went around to the right side of [JFK] and saw the head wound...fragments of bone and a gross injury to the cranial contents, with copious amounts of hemorrhage.": no specific details on orientation and the like where elicited from Curtis;B) 9/30/98 letter to Vince Palamara---" The wound involving the right posterior lateral surface of the skull appeared to me to be an exit wound or a tangential entrance wound."

;22) Donna Willie: “High Treason”, p.456 ( based off article by Nicole Levicoff of the "Jenkintown [PA] Times Chronicle")---“the President had a wound in his throat that the Commission said was an exit wound or was made from a tracheotomy…the entry wound is always small, and the exit wound is much larger. I saw the entry wound in the front of the President’s neck. I know he was shot from the front, and I couldn’t understand why that wasn’t released.”

;23) Dr. Philip Earle Williams:a) 21 H 215 (Nurse Bertha Lozano’s report)---“Then the presidnet’s body was escorted out. The crowd vanished, and then I felt so confused that I just had to leave the desk for a few minutes. I later went to the diningroom with Pat Hutton AND A DR. WILLIAMS and had coffee and afterwards,went home (emphasis added)”;B) “High Treason 2”, photo section+ pp. 287, 294, 301-302, 308-312 (interviewed 4/6/91[inc. on unreleased video] and 5/10/92)---“Certainly the President’s cerebellum was severely damaged and “swinging in the breeze”, as it was described by Dr.Philip Williams”; “The bone in the back of President Kennedy’s head was missing”; disputes the x-rays;

24) Nurse Margaret M. Hinchliffe (Hood) [Hinchcliffe; Henchcliffe]:a) 21 H 239-240: report of activities for 11/22/63 [see also Manchester,p. 671]---nothing specific related to the wounds;B) 6 H 141 and 143 /testimony---“…his head was very bloody…”; “…a little hole in the middle of his neck…About as big as the end of my little finger…An entrance bullet hole---it looked to me like…I have never seen an exit bullet hole---I don’t remember seeing one that looked like that.”; “…it was just a small wound and wasn’t jagged like most of the exit bullet wounds that I have seen.”;c)“High Treason”, pages 45, 68-69, 454 (“The Boston Globe”, 6/21/81 [see also "Killing The Truth", p. 702])---“Interviewed by reporters in 1981,she drew a picture of the large wound on a model of a skull. She sketched a gaping hole in the occipital region which extended only slightly into the parietal area, thereby rejecting out of hand the official picture. She also insisted the President had an “entry” woundin his throat.”;

25) Dr. Jackie Hansen Hunt,Anesthesiologist-only woman M.D.:a) 6 H 76-79 / testimony---was blocked from seeing the wounds;B) “High Treason”, p. 52 (“The Continuing Inquiry”, 10/80; author’stape-JFK Library)- “…Livingstone showed her the [official autopsy]picture in 1979 and she instantly denounced it. She did not see the back of the head because she was standing directly over the President, but she insisited that the back part of the head was blownout and rejected the official picture. “That’s he way it was described to me,” she said, saying that the back of the head was gone. Had the large defect been anywhere else, she would have seen it and described it. Dr. Akin said that if you looked directly down on Kennedy, you could not see the large hole. Therefore, Dr. Hunt’s testimony is significant.Dr. Hunt responded to Livingstone’s question: “so, the exit wound would be in the occipital-parietal area?” “Yeah, uh-huh. It would be somewhere on the right posterior part of it…” She pointed to the sketch from SixSeconds In Dallas: “That’s the way it was described to me. I went around this way and got the equipment connected and started---but I saw the man’s face like so, and I never---the exit wound was on the otherside---and what was back there, I don’t know. That is the way it was described to me, “ she said, pointing to the sketch showing the large hole in the back of the head. “I did not see that. I did not see this part of his head. That would have been here,” she said, and put the palm of her hand on the back of Livingstone’s head. She did this before Livingstone showed her the sketch from Thompson.”;

26) Dr. Martin G. White, Resident Surgeon:a) 6 H 82-83 /testimony---“ I saw the wound in his head…”:unfortunately, he did not get specific, nor was he asked to by Specter;B) 1989 letter to Joanne Braun (“The Third Decade”, March 1991)---did not see the V-shaped feature at Parkland;

27) Dr./ Admiral George Gregory Burkley, Physician to the President[deceased 1/91]:a) 22 H 93-97: 11/27/63 report of his activities surrounding the assassination of JFK [see also Manchester, p. 670]---(22 H 94 and97)”[at Parkland] It was evident that death was imminent and that he was in a hopeless condition.”; [at Bethesda]”…his appearance in the casket gave no evidence of the injury he had received.”: perhaps because the wound was in the BACK of the head? ;B) 11/22/63 Press Conference by Asst. WH Press sec. Mac Kilduff (please see “Best Evidence”, pp. 330-331 and photo 28 [Kilduff Press Conference,11/22/63, Transcript 1327B-LBJ Library; USSS RIF# 154-10002-10194]: “Dr.Burkley told me, it is a simple matter, Tom, of a bullet right through the head”: he then points to his right temple! Question: “can you say where the bullet entered his head, Mac?” “It is my understanding that it entered in the temple, the right temple.”; "They [the shots] came from the right side." [see Thomas Atkins’ film clip as shown in “The Men Who Killed Kennedy”, “The Jim Garrison Tapes” video 1992, “JFK: The Case for Conspiracy” video 1993, “High Treason 2”, p. 290, Groden’s “TKOAP”, p.59; "POTP", p. 408] This information was repeated by Chet Huntley on NBC that day: ""President Kennedy, we are now informed, was shot in the right temple. 'It was a simple matter of a bullet right through thehead,' said Dr. George Burkley, the White House medical officer." [NBCvideo, 11/22/63, 1:47 p.m. CST; clip repeated in Prof. James Fetzer’s video “JFK: The Assassination, The Cover-Up, and Beyond”];

28) Orderly David Sanders:21 H 224: report on activities for 11/22/63---washed off the President’s face and helped place him in the casket; nothing on the nature of the wounds;

29) Dr. Donald W. Seldin, Chief Internist:a) WC references by others present: WR 528; 3 H 371; 6 H 11,32,60-61,64;17 H 13; 20 H 5; 21 H 184-185, 258, 263;b)8/27/98 letter to Vince Palamara---"The bullet struck the President in the forehead and literally exploded in his skull, so that the entire frontal, parietal and temporal bones were shattered…I believe that the official story is accurate in all details." [!];

30) Dr. William H. Zedlitz, Resident Surgeon [Zedelitz]:a) WC reference: 6 H 83;B) 11/4/98 letter to Vince Palamara---"...obviously had a massive head injury to the right occipito-parietal area (right posterior-lateral ) of his cranium. This area was a mass of bloody tissue with multiple skin,hair, and bony fragments matted together with blood and brain tissue and covered an area approximately ten by twelve centimeters in diameter. His left eye also seemed to be bulging from his eye socket. At this point,Dr. Carrico indicated that he was unable to effectively ventilate the patient via the endotracheal tube. Dr. Baxter and Perry immediately began to perform a tracheostomy. Prior to making the incision, it was noted that a small (5mm to 7mm) hole in the front of the neck below the thyroid cartilage was present. This was in the exact location where the tracheostomy was to be performed. Dr. Baxter and Perry decided to do the procedure by extending the transverse incision on either side of this hole so that the tracheostomy tube ended up being inserted in the site of the former hole.";

31) Surgeon David Stewart:a) “New Lebanon, Tennessee, Democrat”, 3/30/67 ,B) 4/10/67 “The Joe Dolan Show”, KNEW radio, Oakland, CA andc) “Post Mortem”, pp. 60-61---Dolan said he was particularly concerned with the “statement about the shot” that killed JFK “coming from the front.” Dr. Stewart said, “Yes, sir. This was the finding of all the physicians who were in attendance. There was a small wound in the left front of the President’s head and there was a quite massive wound of exit at the right backside of the head and it was felt by all of the physicians at the time to be a wound of entry which went in the front.”;

32) Justice of the Peace Theran Ward:a) WC reference: 15 H 509; 21 H 163, 262;B)“The Killing of a President” (1993), p. 88---photo [from video out takes?] of Ward pointing toward the rear of the head to show wherethe skull wound was: “[ It was] right back here.”;

33) Dr. Joe D. “Jody” Goldstrich:a) “JFK: Breaking The Silence” (1993) by Bill Sloan, Chapter 4: pp.84-97[inc. a photo]---“The first thing I saw was JFK lying on his back on an operating table…I didn’t have a clear view of the back of his head, but I have a vague recollection of seeing a portion of his brain exposed…It [the neck wound] was a small, almost perfectly round---somewhere between the size of a nickel and a quarter [?]---and it was right in the middle of the front of his neck, just below the Adam’s apple…the wound was exactly the right size and exactly the right spot to accommodate a tracheostomy tube.”; disturbed by the photos of JFK’s neck at autopsy: “The whole front of his neck was wide open…It had simply been fileted.”; “…I realized how impossible it would have been for the neck wound I saw to have been an exit wound…”;

34) First Lady Jackie Bouvier Kennedy (Onassis) [deceased 5/19/94]:a) 5 H 180 / testimony [see also "Murder From Within" by Fred Newcomb and Perry Adams (1974), pp. 138-139]---“And just as I turned and looked at him, I could see a piece of his skull sort of wedge-shaped like that, and I remember it was flesh colored with little ridges at the top. I remember thinking he just looked as if he had a slight headache. And I just remember seeing that. No blood or anything. And then he sort of did this [indicating], put his hand to his forehead and fell in my lap…[Reference to wounds deleted]”---!;

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/Kennedy/index.htmlb

) 4/11/72 declassified testimony excerpts (as reproduced in “PostMortem” by Harold Weisberg, pp. 380-381 [Groden quotes this in theprogram “JFK: An Unsolved Murder”, KRON, 11/18/88, which was repeated in“JFK: The Case for Conspiracy” video 1993, as well as "TKOAP", p.38)---“I was trying to hold his hair on. But from the front there was nothing. I suppose there must have been. But from the back you could see, you know, you were trying to hold his hair on, and his skull on..”;

35) OR Assistant Supervisor Jane Caroyln Wester:6 H 121 / testimony (see also “High Treason 2”, p. 79)---“I received a phone call from the emergency room asking us to set up for a craniotomy.”; Specter: " What doctors were in attendance of Governor Connally at that time." "…Dr. Ray, I believe, was there…"[ this is the only reference to "Dr. Ray"];

http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/Kennedy/index.html

36) Head Nurse Ruth Jeanette Standridge:6 H 118-119 / testimony---saw JFK on a stretcher cart in the emergency room while the orderlies were cleaning up the room:”..they were trying to protect his head with a sheet---it was wrapped around his head.”;

37) Chief of Security O.P. "Pokie" Wright (husband of Elizabeth Wright)[deceased]:a) 21 H 229-332: report of activities 11/22/63---NOTHING about CE399!;(21 H 230) JFK’s watch: Nurse Diana Bowron to Wright to Secret Service agent Roger Warner [misspelled “Warren”] on 11/26/63;B) 24 H 412 / CE2011---"He advised he could not positively identify C1as being the same bullet which was found on November 22, 1963." (ChiefRowley and SA Johnsen both "could not identify this bullet", while Darrell Tomlinson "cannot positively identify the bullet");

38) Elizabeth L. Wright (Good), Director, Nursing Service:a) 21 H 198: page from lengthy/ 10-page (21 H 193-202) 12/11/63 report on activities 11/22-11/24/63 [see also Manchester, p. 675]---“Mr. Wright had somewhere down the line asked me if I could ascertain the path of the bullet---or bullets---determine the path, and find out where the instrument of injury actually was.” (!);

39) Priest Oscar L. Huber [deceased 1975] (administered the last rites):WR 55, 7 H 489, 21 H 159, 160, 195, 233: WC references for Huber. Huberwas interviewed 11/24/63 on WFAA and 11/25/63 on WBAP/ Texas News (see“Kennedy In Texas” video 1984). The 11/24/63 “Philadelphia SundayBulletin” reported that Father Huber said that JFK had a terrible wound over his left eye [see “Best Evidence”, p. 46, and “Who’s Who in the JFK Assassination”, p. 202]; 8/26/64 and 9/20/64 interviews with WilliamManchester (“The Death of a President”, numerous, inc. p.216)---performed the sign of the cross on JFK’s forehead, evidently still intact; interviewed by Jim Bishop (“The Day Kennedy Was Shot”, p.684); "The (Denver) Register", 12/8/63: article by Huber entitled "President Kennedy's Final Hours"; JFK Library Oral History1964; photo of Huber: p. 23 of "JFK: For a New Generation" by Conover Hunt; "Four Days In November" (1964, David Wolper): inc. part of his WFAA interview;

40) Asst. Undertaker Aubrey "Al" L. Rike, employee of the O’Neal Funeral Home.a) “Best Evidence: The Research Video” ([Oct.]1980/ 1990 [clips repeatedin “The Fifth Estate-Who Killed JFK?” 1983, “Nova” 11/15/88,“Dispatches: The Day The Dream Died” 11/16/88 London, and "A CurrentAffair" 9/4/90] ---"[JFK] still dripping quite a bit of blood from the wound in the back of his head [motioning]";B) 11/22/97 interview with Vince Palamara---he placed his hand three times to the right rear of his head to show where the wound was located at: "I could feel the brain and the jagged edge…yeah, it [the back of the head] was gone…almost in the middle of the back of the head; on the side a little bit."Regarding the autopsy photos, Rike believes they"pulled [the] hair back over" the wound;

41) Scripps-Howard reporter Seth Kantor [deceased 8/17/93] (saw JackRuby at Parkland [see also Wilma Tice and Roy Stamps]):a) 20 H 353: Kantor’s notepad for 11/22/63---“intered [sic] right temple”;B) 15 H 71-96 / testimony---saw “a great deposit of blood” on the ground to the right of JFK’s limo;

42) Texas State Highway Patrolman Hurchel D. Jacks (drove LBJ’s car inmotorcade)[deceased 12/19/95]:18 H 801: 11/28/63 report re: 11/22/63---“Before the President’s body was covered it appeared that the bullet had struck him above the right ear or near the temple.”;

43) Secret Service agent Samuel A. Kinney (driver of the Secret Service follow-up car in the motorcade) [deceased 7/21/97]:a) 18 H 732: report dated 11/22/63---“…it appeared he had been shot because he slumped to the left. Immediately he sat up again. At this time the second shot was fired and I observed hair flying from the right side of his head.”;B) 18 H 730-731: report dated 11/30/63---“I saw the President lean toward the left and appeared to have grabbed his chest with his right hand. There was a second pause and then two more shots were heard…I saw one shot strike the President in the right side of the head [doesn’t indicate front or back]”;c) RIF # 180-10078-10493:HSCA summary of an interview with Sam Kinney conducted on 2/26/78.

In regard to the shooting sequence, Sam said the following: "SA Kinney immediately recognized the first sound as that of gunfire, realizing that it was a "shot from over our right shoulder" which hit the President IN THE THROAT. The President, his movement (in Kinney's opinion) affected by the brace he wore, fell toward "Jackie", who"after catching him, set him back up." SA Kinney commented on Mrs. Kennedy's influence on the position of the President by remarking that the SS preferred not to have persons riding in jump seats with the President. The writer understood this remark to mean the President might have had room to be pushed to the floor. "While Jackie was setting him back up, Connally turns right, then left then pow, pow. THE SECOND SHOT" ( hit Connally and) "left Connally's back open." "THE THIRD SHOT HIT THE PRESIDENT." As the third shot landed, SA Kinney was able to see "hair coming up."

At this point he hit the siren on the follow-up car." (emphasis added); “Inside the aircraft [theC-130 transport plane] during flight, the loading sergeant, who had been in the rear compartment where the cars were stored, entered in the forwardcabin and said, “I can’t stand to be back there.” SA Kinney gave him his seat and returned to the rear compartment. At this point he discovered in the Presidential limousine (1) a skull fragment under the jump seat where Connally had been seated, and (2) a bullet fragment in the frontseat between the driver’s and passenger’s seat. He remarked that the bullet fragment “looked like it had hit the windshield frame above the windshield.” SA Kinney put on a radio patch to Presidential Physician Admiral Burkley to inform him that he had discovered the skull fragment. Chief Petty Officer Tommy Mills, an aide to Burkley, received the message. SA Kinney then announced that he was going to go directly to the White House non-stop.

The Washington Field Office learned of this and sent 6 or 7 Park police to escort SA Kinney to the White HouseGarage. In the garage they were met by FBI agents."”; d) 10/19/92, 3/5/94, and 4/15/94 interviews with Vince Palamara (“TheThird Alternative-Survivor’s Guilt: The Secret Service and the JFKMurder”, pp. 8-9, 28, 55-56, 78-80,81-82, 110-111)---Sam told me twice that he saw the back of JFK's head come off immediately when the fatal shot struck the President's head (Kinney was watching Kennedy's head-and the rear bumper of the limousine-as a normal part of his duty to maintain a five-foot distance between the follow-upcar and JFK's limo, something he did hundreds of times before). Sam told me "it was the right rear-I saw that part blow out." Kinney added that his windshield and left arm were hit with blood and brain matterimmediately after the head shot.

Once at Parkland Hospital, Kinney helped remove the President from the back seat of the limousine along with Clint Hill, Roy Kellerman, and Dave Powers, thereby receiving an extremely vivid, close-up look at the wound on JFK's head. "His brain was blown out," Sam said, " there was nothing left !" I pressed further, to which Sam added: "There was brainmatter all over the place...he had no brains left in his head."

44) Milton T. Wright, Jr. :Texas Highway Patrolman(driver of Mayor Cabell’s car):a) 18 H 802: report dated 11/28/63---“At the hospital we unloaded the Governor first and then the President. Then we were instructed to keep the news media away from the car.”---nothing specific about the wounds;B) 8/28/98 letter to Vince Palamara---"…I do recall helping to move the President from the car to the stretcher. As I recall about a 1/4[quarter] of his head was missing, mostly to the left of the back of thehead. I believe he died instantly from the wound I saw.";c) 9/3/98 e-mail to Vince Palamara---"On your 2nd question [asking for more clarity/ specifics], the wound was left ear to back of head,generally.";

45) Presidential aide David F. Powers (rode in Secret Service follow-upcar)[deceased 3/27/98]:a) 7 H 472-474: Affidavit dated 5/18/64---“…the first shot went off…I noticed then that the President moved quite far to his left after the shot from the extreme right hand side where he had been sitting. There was a second shot and Governor Connally disappeared from sight and then there was a third shot which took off the top of the President’s head and had the sickening sound of a grapefruit splattering against the sideof a wall. The total time between the first and third shots was about 5or 6 seconds. My first impression was that the shots came from the right and overhead, but I also had a fleeting impression that the noise appeared to come from the front in the area of the triple overpass. This may have resulted from my feeling, when I looked forward toward the overpass, that we might have ridden into an ambush…";b)Interviewed for Ralph Martin's "A Hero For Our Time" (1983): see esp.pages 519 and 545---Powers appears strongly to be the source for the following sentence: "The third shot tore off the top back half of his head 'and we could see the hair and all the stuff go right up in the air', an aide said.";

46) Fort Worth Newsman Roy Stamps: a) “Crossfire”, pp. 362 [re: wounds], 366-367; “JFK: Conspiracy of Silence”, p. 108; “The People Vs. Lee Harvey Oswald” by Walt Brown, pp.505-506 [re: wounds]; article “The Head Shot From The Front” (1996) by Michael T. Griffith [re: wounds]---like Kantor (and Tice), saw Ruby at Parkland. Also, regarding JFK’s head wound, he said: "I rushed up and saw Kennedy lying in the car on his side. His foot was hanging over the side of the car. The back of his head was gone.";

47) Asst. Press Secretary Malcolm Kilduff:a) see reference “B)”to Dr. Burkley, above;B) “Time” magazine, 11/28/88: article by Hugh Sidey, p. 45, re: Kilduff, on 11/22/63: “I saw that man’s head.” He sobbed. “I couldn’t believe it.I nearly died. Oh, my God. Oh, my God.”;c) “High Treason 2”, pp. 443-450: 4/17/91 interview with HarryLivingstone—“…it [the head wound] was clearly in the left side of his head…I do not accept the so-called ‘Magic’ Bullet Theory…No, I can’t buy that one…I have [sic] been swimming with Connally in the pool at the White House, and I saw a clean scar in his back…I talked to Connally about it several times, and his feeling on that and mine are precisely the same [this squares with what Sam Kinney told me and what Connally himself insisted on for years]…It was a very short period of time between the second and third shot…the left part of his forehead looked like---when I got over to the car---looked like two pounds of groundbeef…the left part of his forehead…They found that piece of skull, overby the curb, either later that afternoon or the following morning, with hair on it.”;

48)UPI White House Reporter Merriman Smith [deceased 4/13/70:self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head]:a) UPI story, 11/23/63 (see “Four Days”, UPI, p. 32)---‘The President’s car, possibly as much as 150 or 200 yards ahead, seemed to falter briefly…[at Parkland] I ran to the side of the bubbletop [the limousine]. The President was face down on the back seat…I could not see the Presdient’s wound. But I could see blood splattered around the interior of the rear seat and a dark stain spreading down the right side of the President’s dark gray suit…the bloody scene in the rear of the car…;”

49) Dr. Lito Porto:a) “High Treason”, p. 460---“The first doctor to see what he said was a bullet entry wound near the left temple was Dr. Leto (sic) Porto.”[only reference to Dr. Lito Porto];B) 9/8/98 call from Dr. Boris Porto to Vince Palamara (relaying info.from his father)- His father said that "he needs to keep his mouth quiet"but referred me to Drs. Charlie Baxter and Jim Carrico; Boris: "he was there…he was the neurosurgery chief resident, the first one to come out of that program"---Kemp Clark was "overseeing my father";

50) Dr. Robert Roeder Shaw (operated on Gov. Connally)[deceased]:a) 11/29/63 “Houston Post”---“The assassin was behind him[JFK], yet thebullet entered at the front of his neck. Mr. Kennedy must have turned to his left to talk to Mrs. Kennedy or to wave to someone.”;

51) Dr. George Thomas Shires (operated on Gov. Connally and, later, on Oswald ):a) 21 H 252-253: statement re: Oswald 11/24/63 [see also Manchester, p.674];B) 6 H 104-113 / testimony---did not think JFK and Connally were struck by the same bullet

;52) Evelyn Lincoln, JFK’s secretary [deceased 5/11/95]:a) 4/21/91 interview with Harry Livingstone for “High Treason 2”, pp.435-437---“…I remember coming into Parkland Hospital, and Dr. Burkley telling me that he [JFK] had gone, and Jackie was sitting outside of the place where he was being kept---they were doing the autopsy or whatever they were doing, and I went up to her and tried to console her.”; “I never looked at any of that [the autopsy materials]. Nothing. I kept it,and then Bobby [Kennedy] moved it into another room. It was all sealed up. I never saw any of it…I had no access to it.”; “It was a conspiracy.There was no doubt about that...J. Edgar Hoover was involved in it.”;

53)Dr. Donald E. Jackson:a) 21 H 171, 205, 215;B) 9/8/98 letter to Vince Palamara--"I continue to be dissatisfied with the explanation of the Warren Commission. The reason for my skepticism is linked to discrepancies in descriptions of the Kennedy wounds between the Parkland Emergency Room and the autopsy findings. Drs. McClelland, Perry, and Jenkins gave accurate descriptions of the wounds as they saw them in the Emergency Room. The descriptions in Washington were radically different.";

54) Dr. William Risk:a) 3 H 384;B) January 1964 Texas State Journal of Medicine article “Three Patientsat Parkland”, pages 72 and 73 re: involvement in treatment of LHO;c) 9/8/98 letter to Vince Palamara---"However, as a physician, I have the feeling there was more than one "shooter" and more than one bullet involved because of the nature of the wounds. I would suggest that, if you have not already done so, you get a copy of an article from the Journal of the Texas Medical Association, January 1964, entitled "Three Patients at Parkland." This article is a MEDICAL version of those days.The wounds described there, to me, suggest entrance and exit wounds which differ from the "one bullet theory.";

55) Hugh Huggins (aka Hugh Howell), Marine/ undercover CIA agent, 4/55to 10/65, :a) 1993 interview (s) with Bill Sloan for "JFK: Breaking The Silence"(1993), Chapter 9, pp. 175-189 [inc. photo of Huggins circa1962]---claims, among other things, to have been at both Parkland and Bethesda on 11/22/63: "I distinctly saw an entry wound in the left temple. To my knowledge, only two other people besides myself have admitted to seeing this wound. It was assumed to be a blood clot by the doctors at Parkland, but it was an entry wound, and it could not have been fired from the rear. The bullet from this wound exited the rightside of the president's head, blowing out a section of skull and obscuring the entry wound of a second bullet that struck him from the right front almost simultaneously. There were two large, separate holes in the upper right side of the head, seperated by about three-quarters of an inch of bone matter and skin tissue. The wound in the throat, although greatly enlarged by a tracheostomy, was also an entry wound. All the wounds had a puffy, torn appearance as though they had been probed prior to the autopsy. There was also an entry wound high in theback, between the neck and the shoulder. It had penetrated approximately the depth of one finger joint---I actually put my small finger into thehole---then made a forty-five degree turn to the left. To my knowledge, this bullet never left the body."[!];

56) Lawrence F. "Larry" O'Brien, Special Assistant to the President [deceased 1990] (rode in Congressman's car #1 in the motorcade;also at Bethesda Naval Hospital, but on the 17th floor with Jackie and RFK):a )His book entitled "No Final Victories: A Life in Politics from John F.Kennedy to Watergate" (1974) [see also "Reflections on JFK'sAssassiantion" by John B. Jovich (1988), pages 35 and 37]---At Parkland Hospial: "It was chaotic, doctors, nurses running in and out. Medical equipment being wheeled into the room. At one point Jackie and I stepped into the adjoining room where the President's body lay. All I recall is I thought he looked as he always had.";

57) Secret Service Agent William R. Greer [deceased 2/85] (the driver of the presidential limousine):2 H 124 and 127/ testimony (3/9/64)---“His head was all shot, this whole part was all a matter of blood like he had been hit.” Specter:“Indicating the top and right rear side of the head?” Greer: “Yes, sir; it looked like that was all blown off.”; “…they [the autopsy doctors]saw this hole in the right shoulder or back of the head, and in the back…this wound was in the back…they took a lot of X-rays, we looked at them and couldn’t find any trace of any bullet anywhere in the X-rays at all, nothing showed on the X-rays where this bullet or lead could have gone…in the soft part of the shoulder…I believe the doctors probed to see if they could find that there was a bullet there…I questioned one of the doctors in there about that, and when we found out that they had found a bullet in Dallas, I questioned the doctor about it and he said if they were using pressure on the chest that it could very well have been, come back out, where it went in at, that is what they said at thetime…I hadn’t heard anything like that, any traces of it going on through” ;

58)Secret Service Roy H. Kellerman (rode in the front seat w/ Greer) [deceased 3/84]: FBI report (Sibert & O’Neill) 11/27/63(RIF#180-10004-10466): interview with Kellerman (and Greer)---“Uponhearing a noise like a firecracker, he distinctly and positively heard the President say “My God, I’ve been hit.”[?!---see also 2 H 104]Kellerman advised he immediately turned his head to the left rear and almost instantaneously heard two additional shots. Upon turning his head to the left, he observed President Kennedy with his left hand in back of him appearing to be reaching to a point on his right shoulder [?!]…The Presidential vehicle arrived at the Parkland Hospital in a matter of minutes…Kellerman advised he did not notice the extent of the injury to the President although HE NOTICED A WOUND IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD[emphasis added]. The President’s eyes were shut [contradicted byPowers].”

;59) Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill:18 H 740-745: 11/30/63 report of activities on 11/22/63---“…I heard a noise similar to a firecracker. The sound came from my right rear…I heard a second firecracker type noise but it had a different sound---like the sound of shooting a revolver into something hard. I saw the President slump more toward his left. I jumped onto the left rear step of the Presidential automobile. Mrs. Kennedy shouted, “They’ve shot his head off;” then turned and raised out of her seat as if she were reaching to her right rear toward the back of the car for something that had blown out…As I lay over the top of the back seat I noticed a portion of the President’s head on the right rear side was missing and he was bleeding profusely. Part of his brain was gone. I saw a part of his skull with hair on it lying in the seat.”; “At approximately 2:45 a.m.,November 23, I was requested by ASAIC Kelerman to come to the morgue to once again view the body. When I arrived the autopsy had been completed and ASAIC Kellerman, SA Greer, General McHugh and I viewed the wounds. I observed a wound about six inches down from the neckline on the back just to the right of the spinal column. I observed another wound on the right rear portion of the skull.”;

60) Secret Service agent Paul E. Landis, Jr. (rode in follow-up car):a) 18 H 758-759: report dated 11/27/63---“My reaction at this time was that the shot came from somewhere towards the front…”;B) 18 H 751-757: detailed report dated 11/30/63---“I still was not certain from which direction the second shot came, but my reaction at this time was that the shot came from somewhere towards the front, right-hand side of the road.”

;61) JFK’s Air Force Aid, Major General Godfrey “God”T. McHugh [deceased](rode in the VIP car w/ Clifton):11/19/67 and 4/30/78 interviews with David Lifton (“Best Evidence”, pp. 399-401, 413-414, 420-421, 430-432)---“McHugh believed the Warren Report was correct…”; “…McHugh volunteered that he had assisted in the photographing of Kennedy’s body….”I was holding his body several times when they were turning it over and photographing it.”; Lifton: “And you saw the wounds in the head then too?” “Oh, yes; but they started fixing it up very well. You see, again, people keep saying that his face was demolished and all; he was in absolute perfect shape, except the back of the head, top back of the head, had an explosive bullet in it and was badly damaged…and that had blown apart part of his forehead, which was recuperated and put intact, back in place…so his face was exactly as ifhe had been alive. There was nothing wrong with his face.”; “The back of the head was all smashed in…His face was not hurt.” Lifton: “Where did they get the bone to put the bone back?” “It was brought back. They found it in the car.”; “Ninety-nine percent the back, the top back of the head…that’s the portion that had been badly damaged by the bullet…The portion that is in the back of the head, when you’re lying down in the bathtub, you hit the back of the head.”

;62) Autopsy photographer John Thomas Stringer, Jr.: 8/25/72 and 8/26/72 interviews with David Lifton (“Best Evidence”, pp.515-516, 517-518)---Lifton: “When you lifted him out, was the main damage to the skull on the top or in the back?” “In the back…In the occipital, in the neck there, up above the neck…in the back part…some o fit was blown off---yes, I mean, toward, out of the top in the back,yes.” Lifton: “Top in the back. But the top in the front was pretty intact?” “Yes, sure…Right.”;

63)-64)FBI Agents James W. Sibert and Francis X. O’Neill, Jr.: -Sibert: TWO-HSCA rec. #002191, RIF# 180-10105-10164: interview with James Kelly and Andy Purdy, 8/25/77 [see “Killing Kennedy”, pp. 343-344,and "Bloody Treason", page 100, for drawings]—“Regarding the head wound,Sibert said it was in the “…Upper back of the head.”; “The head wound was in the upper back of the head…a large head wound in the upper back of the head with a section of the scull [sic] bone missing…”; his drawings depict a large wound squarely on the back of the head, as well as a small wound well down on the back, very much like the one in the autopsy face sheet;-O’Neill: TWO-RIF#180-10090-10044, HSCA rec. #006185: interview with Andy Purdy and Mark Flanagan, 1/10/78 [see “Killing Kennedy”, pp. 348-349 for drawings]---while stating that the autopsy doctors believed that “the bullet that entered the head struck the center, low portion of the head and exited from the top, right side, towards the front”, his drawings depict an “entry” at the low rear central portion of Kennedy’s skull, as well as an “exit” on the right rear quadrant of the head no more anterior than the posterior portion of the ear!;

65) Mortician Thomas Evan Robinson: HSCA taped interview conducted by Andy Purdy and Jim Conzelman 1/12/77[RIF#189-10089-10178; drawing: 180-10089-10179---see also “KillingKennedy” by H.E.L., p. 345 , "Bloody Treason" by Noel Twyman, p. 240,and "Cover-Up" by Stewart Galanor, p. 34]---Purdy: “Approximately where was this wound located?” “Directly behind the back of his head.” Purdy:“ Approximately between the ears or higher up?” “No, I would say pretty much between them.”: Robinson’s drawing depicts a defect directly in the central, lower rear portion of the skull.

;66) Pathologist Dr. Robert Frederick Karnei, Jr.:8/26/91 and 8/27/91 interview with Livingstone for “High Treason 2” (seeChapter 7)---Livingstone: “The large defect was in the very back of the head?” “Right, yeah…Most of the brain that was missing was in the backpart of the head…Most of the bone that was missing was destroyed in the back of the head.”[p. 182] ;

67) Joseph E.Hagan, Chief Asst. to Joseph H. Gawler, undertaker[Hagen]: 8/15/91 and 8/28/91 interviews with Livingstone for “High Treason2”(see pages 137, 196, and 581; see also “Killing The Truth”, pages 653, 680, 681, and 728)---“I couldn’t remember any bone missing in the face or from the frontal bone. That was pretty well intact to the best of my memory.”; there were a lot of pictures taken from the gallery;“There was extensive damage to the President’s head, most of it back up in here (indicating with his hand the rearward right side and the back)…We had to replace just all of that area with plaster of paris due to the extent of the wounds that were there…If it hadn’t of been that big, we wouldn’t have had to use plaster of paris, see..Quite a bit of bone was lacking…we had no problems in here (indicating the area of the coronal suture)…Back up in here (again gestures back of head), his head would have been down in the pillow and, if I remember correctly, we had taken a little out of the pillow where his head would fit down in the pillow.”;

68)Paul Kelly O’Connor, Bethesda laboratory technologist:8/25/79 interview with David Lifton (“Best Evidence”, photo 37+pp.598-606)---re: “the shipping casket” and JFK being “in a body bag”; (p.601) “…he didn’t have any brains left…The wound in his head was terrific…eight by four inches…The wound was in the occipital-parietal area…clear up around the frontal area of the brain…the cranium was empty…”; (p. 604) the wound in the throat was “a great big hole in his larnyx…the esophagus was laid open”;

69) James Curtis Jenkins, Bethesda laboratory technologist:8/24/77 HSCA interview with Jim Kelly and Andy Purdy [for his drawing,see p. 346 of “Killing Kennedy” by H.E.L.]---Jenkins stated that when the body was unwrapped he saw a head wound in the “middle temporal region back to the occipital.” His drawing clearly conflicts with official history. ;the back wound was “just below the collar to the right of the midline” and it was “very shallow…it didn’t enter the peritoneal (chest) cavity.”; he didn’t believe that the doctor found that the probe “penetrated into the chest” and the doctors “couldn’t prove the bullet came into the cavity.”;

70) Edward F. Reed,Jr., Bethesda X-ray technician:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy;B) Interview with the HSCA (RIF#180-10105-10399 [see also "Cover-Up" by Stewart Galanor, p. 33])---the head wound "was very large and located in the right hemisphere in the occipital region.";

71) Jerrol F. Custer, Bethesda X-ray technician:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy [“Jerrol F. Crester” (sic)];B) 9/30/79 and 10/7/79 interviews with David Lifton (“Best Evidence”,pp. 619-621+696)--- “Custer told me the President’s head wound was enormous---“I could have put both of my hands in the wound. Okay?”---and that he believed he had been shot from the front.”; “…when a bullet goes into the body, it goes in small and comes out big. Okay? Well, that is exactly how the skull looked. Okay?…from the front, to the back.”; did not see an entry wound at the rear of JFK’s head; Custer said that he exposed, and returned to the morgue, X-rays showing that the rear of the President’s head was blown off.; "Custer felt the head shot came from the front.";

72) Jan Gail "Nick" Rudnicki, Dr. Boswell’s lab assistant:5/8/78 interview with the HSCA’s Mark Flanagan [RIF#180-10105-10397]---“the back-right quadrant of the head was missing.”; saw the bullet wound "in the shoulder blade region of the back"; said that there was a discussion by the autopsy doctors about"the possibility that two bullets struck the head in the same general area, causing a massive defect.";

73) James E. Metzler, Bethesda Hospital corpsman:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy;B) Interview with the HSCA (RIF#180-10105-10401 [see also "Cover-Up" by Stewart Galanor, p. 33])---Helped carry JFK's body from the coffin to the autopsy table; recalled the head wound in the "right side of the head behind the right ear extending down to the center of the back of the skulll.";

74) David P. Osborne, MD: a military physician present at the autopsy at Bethesda [deceased]:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy;B) 4/5/90 letter to Joanne Braun (see “The Third Decade”, 3/91issue)---“a second (bullet) hit in the occipital region of the posterior skull which blew off the posterior top of his skull and impacted and disintegrated against the interior surface of the frontal bone just above the level of the eyes. I know this for a fact because I was the one who worked on the head, removing his brain and closed the skull so that he could have an open casket if so desired.”;

75)Dr. John H. "Jack" Ebersole, Assistant Chief of radiology [deceased]:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy ["James H. Ebersole" (sic)]; B) 3/9/78 interview with Gil Delaney of the "Lancaster (PA) Intelligencer-Journal"[see also "Best Evidence", p. 543, as part of Chapter 23 entitled "Allegations of Dr. John Ebersole"]---"When the body was removed from the casket, there was a very obvious horrible gaping wound to the back of the head…The front of the body, except for a very slight bruise above the right eye on the forehead, was absolutely intact. It was the back of the head that was blown off...Later on in the evening, between midnight and one A.M., a large portion of the skull was sent up from Dallas…that represented the back portion of the skull.";

76) Richard A. Lipsey, aide to General Wehle:a) 1/18/78 (audio-taped) interview with the HSCA's Andy Purdy and MarkFlanagan (RIF#180-10105-10405---"Lipsey says he feels he knows "for a fact" that someone shot JFK three times and that these bullets came from behind."; said that the autopsists "were 'absolutely, unequivocally 'convinced that he (JFK) had been shot three times…there were three separate wounds and three separate bulets."; "identified the entrance in the lower head as being just inside the hairline", but also made the claim that there was "no real entrance in the rear of the head…one bullet blasted away an entire portion (entrance and exit)…one bullet entered the back of the head and exited resulting in part of the face and head being blown away." [?!]; Lipsey's drawing is interesting: the diagram he drew depicts an area of the right lateral skull missing, both anterior and posterior to the ear, where he had written "same area blownaway as wound." Lipsey also drew a small hole, presumably of entrance,low on the rear of the skull, which he writes was the "entrance---of bullet #2"; this wound correlated, in Lipsey's view, with the frontal neck wound:"Exit point of wound #2." Finally, he drew a wound high up in the back (at the base of the neck, actually), labeled #3, but the bullet could not be found in the body.; "Lipsey says that he recalls the doctors discussing the third bullet which he believes entered low in the neck and was deflected down into the chest cavity."; "Lipsey said the doctors followed the path of the bullet for a short distance until they lost the track at which point they removed the organs in an attempt to locate it."; "Lipsey mentioned that he and Wehle then flew by helicopter to Bethesda and took JFK into the back of Bethesda. A decoy hearst [sic] had been driven to the front.";B) 8/27/98 letter to Vince Palamara---"Because of the location(entrance) of the head wound, just above the earline [sic? Hairline?]and center right, in the back of the head, it was impossible for me to see the size of the entrance wound. The explosion did remove quite a bitof his scalp from the right ear forward in the hair line to the far right side of his forehead. I'm sorry I cannot offer you more information."[?];

77) Maj. Gen. Philip C. Wehle, Commanding Officer of the MilitaryDistrict of Washington, D.C.:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy;B) 8/19/77 interview with the HSCA's Andy Purdy [HSCA record # 10010042,agency file # 002086, p. 2]---Purdy reported that Maj. Gen. Wehle had been an observer during the latter stages of the autopsy. "(Wehle) noticed a slight bruise over the right temple of the President but did not see any significant damage to any other part of the head. He noted that the wound was in the back of the head so he would not see it because the President was lying face up; he also said he did not see any damage to the top of the head, but said the President had a lot of hair which could have hidden that…there could have been an open casket"

;78) Captain John H."Smokey" Stover, Jr., Commanding Officer of theNational Naval Medical School: a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp. 532-536]---listed as present during autopsy ["Capt. James H. Stoner,Jr." (sic)]; B) 5/11/78 interview with the HSCA's Mark Flanagan (RIF#180-10102-10407[see also 7 HSCA 25])---"Stover observed…a wound on the top of the head,second, a wound in the upper back"

;79) Chester Herschel Boyers, Jr., Chief Petty Officer in charge ofPathology Department:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy ;B) 4/25/78 interview with the HSCA's Mark Flanagan (Agency File Number013614; RIF# 180-10105-10398, Agency File Number 014462) [see also"Bloody Treason", p. 193]---"In regard to the wounds Boyers recalls an entrance wound in the rear of the head to the right of the external occipital protuberance which exited along the top, right side of the head towards the rear and just above the right eyebrow. He also saw an entrance wound in the right shoulder blade, specifically just under the scapula and next to it. Boyers also noted a tracheotomy incision in the neck." Boyers stated that the path of the bullet that entered JFK's upper back seemed to indicate that the bullet exited through the tracheotomy.; "…only fragments were recovered. Boyers never saw a fullyintact missile."; "Concerning the wounds of President Kennedy, Mr.Boyers stated that there was a large wound to the right side and towardsthe rear of the head…He estimated the massive wound in the head measured 3 inches by 3 inches.";

80) Floyd Albert Riebe, a medical photographer at Bethesda[Reibe]:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy ["Lloyd E. Raihe" (sic)];B) "JFK: An Unsolved Murder", KRON, 11/18/88 (repeated in "JFK: The Case for Conspiracy" video 1993 [see still photo on p. 88 of Groden's"TKOAP"])---"a big gaping hole in the back of the head. It was like somebody put a piece of dynamite in a tin can and lit it off. There was nothing there."; Strongly disagreed with the autopsy photos: "The two pictures you showed me are not what I saw that night." Interviewer:"What did it look like?" "It had a big hole in it. This whole area was gone…It's being phonied someplace. It's make-believe.";

81) Dennis Duane David, Chief of the Day, Bethesda Naval Hospital:4/22/90, 5/12/90, 4/25/91, 5/29/91, 6/4/91, 6/6/91, 6/14/91, and12/17/91 interviews with Livingstone for "High Treason 2" (see esp.pages 270 ,556, and 557) and "Killing The Truth" (pages 76, 708, 735,738, 741, 742, 744, 745-746)---According to Dennis David, Pitzer hadfilmed the autopsy: "My impression from Pitzer's film was that it [headwound] was a frontal entry/ rear exit wound." ;

82) Vice/ Rear Admiral (Dr.) Calvin B. Galloway,Commanding Officer ofthe entire Naval Medical Center [Gallaway; Holloway; deceased]:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy ["Adm. C.B. Holloway"(sic)];B) 3/12/64 Memorandum, Specter to Rankin, Re: 3/11/64 Interview of Autopsy Surgeons [see "Post Mortem", pp. 539-540]---"On the afternoon of March 11, 1964, Joseph A. Ball, Esq., and I went to Bethesda Naval Hospital and interviewed Admiral C.B. Holloway [sic], Commander James J.Humes and Commander "J" Thornton Boswell. The interview took place in the office of Admiral Holloway [sic], who is the commanding officer of the National Naval Medical Center, and lasted from approximately 3:30p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Commander Humes and Commander Boswell, along with Lt.Col. Pierre A. Finck, who is currently in Panama, conducted the autopsy and Admiral Holloway [sic] was present at all times…All three described the bullet wound on President Kennedy's BACK as being a point of entrance. Admiral Holloway [sic] then illustrated the angle of the shot by placing one finger on my BACK and the second finger on the front part of my CHEST which indicated that the bullet traveled in a consistent downward path, on the ASSUMPTION that it emerged in the opening on the President's throat which had been enlarged by the performance of the tracheotomy in Dallas. " [emphasis added];

83) Lt. Cmdr. Gregory H. Cross, resident in surgery:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy;B) 4/24/78 Outside contact report by the HSCA's Mark Flanagan (RIF#180-10105-10396, Agency File Number 014460)---"The only wound Cross saw was situated in the posterior aspect of the head."

;84) John Van Hoesen, Gawler's Funeral Home [Van Haesen; Van Haeson;VanHausen;:a) FBI (Sibert & O’Neill) report 11/26/63 [see Post Mortem”, pp.532-536]---listed as present during autopsy;B) 9/26/96 interview with the ARRB's Doug Horne---described the hole in JFK's head as being the size of an orange in "…the centerline of the back of the head, and its location was in the upper posterior of the skull…at or just below the cowlick area.";

85)-87) Comdr. James Joseph ("Jim") Humes, Comdr. J. Thornton ("Jay") Boswell, and Lt. Col. Pierre A. Finck, AFIP: the three autopsy doctors at Bethesdaon 11/22/63:WR 538-543 / 16 H 978-983 / CE 387 [see also "Assassination Science",pp. 430-435]: the autopsy report---"There is a large irregular defect of the scalp and skull on the right involving chiefly the parietal bone but extending somewhat into the temporal and occipital regions.In this region there is an actual absence of scalp and bone producing a defect which measures approximately 13 cm in greatest diameter…";

88)-89) Saundra Kay "Sandy" Spencer, a lab technician at the Naval Photographic Center, Joe O'Donnell, a government photographer employed by USIA in 1963:-Saundra Kay Spencer: 12/13/96 interview with the ARRB [see also "HighTreason III" (1998), pp. 416-418]---"Views were 'body shots,' and not like the normal autopsy photgraphs she had experience with from her previous duty at Pensacola, in that there was no one in the background, and she does not remember any instruments in the photographs; the views were also unlike other autopsy photographs she had seen, in that the body of the President was 'very clean,' explaining that there was 'no blood and no gore' visible; she remembered no measuring devices visible either; no identification tags or cards visible in any of the photos; a wound at the base of the front of the President's neck which was circular, and about the size of the round end of a person's thumb; she remembers a wound in the back of the President's head which she described as a 'blown out chunk' about 2 to 2.5 inches wide located in about the center of the back of the President's head, about 3 or 4 inches above the hairline at the back of his head…she remembered no damage to the right side of the President's head."; -Joe O'Donnell: 1/29/97 interview with the ARRB's Jeremy Gunn and Douglas Horne [see also "High Treason III" (1998), pp.418-420]--"frequently detailed to the White House"; Within the week after JFK's murder, O'Donnell said Knudsen showed him an autopsy photgraph revealing "a hole in the forehead above the right eye which was a round wound about 3/8" in diameter which he interpreted as a gunshot wound," and "a hole in the back of the head, about 2" above the hairline, about the size of a grapefruit; the hole clearly penetrated the skull and was very deep." A few days later, Knudsen showed him another photo which showed the back of the head intact: "he remembers seeing neatly combed hair which looked slightly wet, or damp in appearance." He also saw photos of JFK with probes in him.;

90) (Mrs. Kennedy's personal) White House Photographer (Chief PettyOfficer) Robert L. Knudsen, USN [deceased 1/89]:He appeared before the House Select Committee on Assassinations, and his widow said he later told her that four or five of the pictures the committee showed him did not represent what he saw or photographed that night and that one of them had been altered.``His son Bob said that his father told him that 'hair had been drawn in' on one photo to conceal a missing portion of the top-back of President Kennedy's head,'' according to a review board memo about a meeting with Knudsen's family.;

91) Tom Joyce, aide and friend of the Kennedy brothers:"Killing The Truth", p. 652---".."Tom Joyce, aide and friend to the Kennedy brothers who was familiar with the wounds, ha indicated that the photograph of the head published by the House Select Committee is false."

;92) DPD Stavis "Steve" Ellis, one of the five lead motorcycle officers in the motorcade [starvis]:a) WC references: 7 H 581; 12 H 135; 19 H 134; 20 H 489; B) 9/8/98 letter to Vince Palamara---"Yes, I did see a hole in the limousine windshield at Parkland Hospital. I did not see the bone fragment. The officer on the escort with me said there was one fragment,approximately 6 or 7 inches around.";

93) DPD James M. Chaney, one of the Presidential motorcycle officers in the motorcade [deceased April 1976]: WFAA/ ABC interview with Bill Lord, 11/22/63 [audio portion rebroadcastin May 1976 on CFTR radio's special "Thou Shalt not Kill"; see also"Killing Kennedy" by H.E.L., pp. 151-152, "That Day In Dallas" by Richard Trask, pages 115 and 119, and "High Treason", p. 232]--- Chaney explained that he was "riding on the right rear fender" of JFK's limo during the shooting, and that "the President was struck in the face" by the SECOND shot. Lord ended the interview by telling the audience that"(Chaney) was so close his uniform was splattered with blood"!;

94) DPD Robert Weldon "Bobby" Hargis, one of the Presidential motorcycle officers in the motorcade:a) 11/24/63 "New York Daily News", p. 100 [see also "Murder FromWithin", pages 66 and 93, and "Cover-Up" by Stewart Galanor, p.37]---"Hargis was struck so hard by a piece of skull bone that he said,"I thought at first I might have been hit." [Note: Hargis denied that he ever said this during an interview with Ian Griggs in 1995];B) 6 H 293-296 / testimony----"…it sounded like the shots were right next to me…they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass, because I thought since I had got splattered, with blood---I was just a little back and left of---just a little bit back and left of Mrs. Kennedy…"; "…it seemed like his head exploded, and I was splattered with blood and brain, and kind of bloody water.";

95) DPD William Joseph (Billy Joe) "B.J." Martin, one of the Presidential motorcycle officers in the motorcade [deceased 1989]:6 H 289-293 / testimony---"There was blood and other matter on my windshield and also on my motor.";

96) DPD Chief Jesse E. Curry, driver of the lead car in the motorcade [deceased June 1980]:a) His book "JFK Assassination File" (1969), pages 32, 34---"No hospital attendants were at the emergency entrance…The back seat was a gory sight---blood was everywhere…Even amid the confusion the Chief Executive looked dead. Visible respiration was gone; his eyes were dilated and fixed…Agent Hill finally convinced her [Jackie] to let go of thePresident. Apparently she didn't want anyone to see that the BACK of the President's head was partially blown off." [emphasis added];B) "The Killing of President Kennedy” (1978/1983) [full length version of “Declassified: The Plot to Kill President Kennedy” (1978/1988)]---Curry said that, from the direction of the blood and the brain matter, one shot had to have come from the front;

97) Dallas Sheriff James Eric "Bill" Decker, rode in the lead car in the motorcade [deceased 8/29/70]:a) 12 H 42-52 / testimony;B) 19 H 458: Decker's report---"As I heard the first retort [sic], I looked back over my shoulder and saw what appeared to me to be a spray of water come out of the rear seat of the President's car…";

98) DPD Harold R. ("H.R.", "Harry") Freeman, one of the lead motorcycle officers in the motorcade: a) [see Kinney and Ellis above]B) WC references: 7 H 28; 19 H 134; 20 H 489;c) 4/21/71 interview with Gil Toff for "Murder From Within" [see also"Best Evidence", pp.370-371n] ---saw a bullet hole in the windshield at Parkland Hospital

;99) DPD Bobby Joe Dale, one of two rear mid motorcade motorcycle officers:a) WC references: 19 H 134; 20 H 489;B) 1978 Texas News re: acoustical tests for HSCA;c) "No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 132-141+photos---[pp.135-136]"…the President was on the gurney beside the car, and they were wheeling him in. At that time, it was obvious that nobody could have survived a wound like that…Blood and matter was everywhere inside the car including a bone fragment which was oblong shaped, probably an inch to an inch and a half long by three-quarters of an inch wide. As I turned it over and looked at it, I determined that it came from some part of the forehead because there was hair on it which appeared to benear the hairline. There were other fragments around, but that was the largest piece that grabbed my attention. What stood out in my mind was that there was makeup up to the hairline. Apparently he had used makeup for the cameras to knock down the glare. It was fairly distinct where it stopped and the wrap of skin took up. Other than that, nobody messed with anything inside the car in any manner, shape, or form. Nobody said,"Clean this up!" We then put the top up and secured it.";

100) DPD James W. ("J.W.") Courson, one of two mid motorcade motorcycle officers:a) WC references 19 H 134; 20 H 489; B) "No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 127-131+photos---[pp.129-130] "The driver immediately got out into the center lane with me on his left rear and another officer on the right. Mrs. Kennedy had, by that time, gotten back down in the seat and was holding the President's head in her lap. I was able to see that his head was horribly mangled. Skull, brain, and blood material was all along the seat…Flowers were scattered all around the car…Two other officers and I helped take thePresdient out of the car and put him onto the stretcher. From what I was able to see of the wound, the damage seemed to be in the right rear of his head, but it was hard to tell because there was so much blood. The back part of the skull seemed to be laying over the forehead. I didn't actually see an exit wound since I saw only the back part of his head."

;101) ) DPD William G. ("W.G.", "Bill") Lumpkin, one of the five lead motorcycle officers in the motorcade:a) WC references: 19 H 134; 20 H 489;B) "No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 154-161+photos---[p.158] "…I didn't see much of the President other than he was just slumped down and that he had been shot, and that his brains had been blown out.I must have seen that somewhere along the way…his brains were blownout…We knew that he was dead.";

102) DPD Hollis B. "H.B." McClain, one of the two forward mid motorcade motorcycle officers:a) WC references: 19 H 134; 20 H 489;B) "No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 162-168+photos---[p.164] "I figured at the time that the wound was fatal. Part of the skull was laying on the floorboard. Blood and brain material was splattered all over as if a ripe watermelon had been dropped. It was a pretty gory scene.";

103) Secret Service (PRS) Agent Glen A. Bennett, rode in Secret Service follow-up car in motorcade: 24 H 541-542: inc. Bennett's contemporaneous handwritten notes from 11/22/63---"…I heard a noise that immediately reminded me of a firecracker. Immediately, upon hearing the supposed firecracker, looked at the Boss's [JFK's] car. At this exact time I saw a shot that hit theBoss about four inches down from the right shoulder; a second shoot[sic] followed immediately and hit the right rear high [sic] of the Boss's head." BACK WOUND: the autopsy photo ["Best Evidence", autopsy photo 5], the death certificate signed by Dr. Burkley [see above], FBIExhibit 60 (JFK's shirt) ["Best Evidence", photo 18; 17 H 25-26], FBI Exhibit 59 (JFK's jacket) ["Best Evidence", photo17], the autopsy face sheet (17 H 45; "Postmortem", p.310:"verified" by Dr. Burkley), the Sibert & O'Neill report (see above), Secret Service Agent Clint Hill's report (18 H 744-745), and the testimonies of Secret Service agents'Hill (2 H 143), Bill Greer (2 H 127 and RIF#180-10099-10491: 2/28/78HSCA interview), and Roy Kellerman (2 H 93), not to mention the 1/27/64WC executive session transcript (Groden's "TKOAP", p. 118) and Nurse Diana Bowron's recent statements ("Killing The Truth", p. 183), corroborate Bennett within an inch or two;

104) Thomas Maurer Atkins, Navy White House photographer, rode in Camera Car 1 in motorcade:a) shot the film "The Last Two Days", culled from his films from theTexas trip of 11/21-11/22/63;B) 3/19/86 interview and 3/2/89 correspondence with Richard Trask("POTP", numerous, esp. Chapter 15 [see also "That Day In Dallas" by Richard Trask, pp. 10, 15, 32-34, 52, 55, and 70] )---[p. 386] "Wha tAtkins does recall quite clearly is that as his car was traveling down Houston Street towards the Texas School Book Depository the "shots sounded in front of me. I didn't get the sensation that they were from up high. It sounded like in the crowd at my level. I had not even seen the grassy knoll at that point. If they were coming from anywhere, they were coming from that turn. If they had come from the grassy knoll, I don't think they would have been near as loud, because I think the buildings there tended to throw the sound at us."; [p. 388, based offTrask's 3/19/86 interview] "And to see pictures of the autopsy and what the bullet had done to the hair…those are things that just stick out in your memory." [emphasis added; this was said to Trask over two years before some of the autopsy pictures began appearing in books---did Atkins see the photos, possibly at NPC with fellow Navy man and WH photographer Robert Knudsen, during the weekend of the assassination?]

105) Deputy Sheriff Jack W. Faulkner [deceased Oct. 1996]:"No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 215-223+photos---[p.216]"As we were crossing Elm Street, [A.D.] McCurley picked up a white piece of bone near the north curb. He asked me, "Do you suppose that could bepart of his skull?" I said, "There's no blood on it," and he put it down. Later, we got to thinking, and somebody said your skull doesn't necessarily have to be touching something that's bloody. We went back and looked for it later but never found it. To this day, I believe it was a piece of John Kennedy's skull.";

106) Phil Willis [deceased]:a) 7 H 492-497 / testimony;B) "JFK: The Case For Conspiracy" video 1993 [see also Groden's "TKOAP",p. 86: captioned photo]---"It took the back of his head off[indicating].";

107) Marilyn Willis, Phil's wife:a) testified with husband Phil at Clay Shaw trial;B) "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" 1988---"The head shot seemed to come from the right front. It seemed to strike him here [indicating right temple/forehead area], his head went back, and all the brain matter went out the back of the head, it was like a red halo.";

108) Linda Kay Willis, one of two daughters:a) 7 H 498-499 / testimony; B) "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" 1988---"the back of his head blew off…it doesn't make sense to be hit from the rear and still have your face intact.";

109) Rosemary Willis, one of two daughters:"San Francisco Examiner", 6/5/79---believed that other shots,particularly the head shot, were fired from elsewhere, possibly from asilencer;

110) Beverly Oliver (Massagee):“The Men Who Killed Kennedy” 1988/1991/1995 [see also "High Treason", p.461]---saw "the back of his head come off";

111) Ed Hoffman:a) “The Men Who Killed Kennedy” 1988/1991/1995 [see also "High Treason",pp. 462-463]---saw two men behind picket fence atop the grassy knoll,one of which fired upon JFK;B) “JFK: The Case For Conspiracy” 1993/1994 Groden [see also Groden's"TKOAP", p. 87: captioned photo]--"The rear of his head was gone,blasted outward [indicating].";

112) Vincent E. Drain, FBI Special Agent:"No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 245-262+photo---[p. 246] "When I arrived in the trauma room, the doctors were working with President Kennedy. They were trying to do what they could to stop the gurgling sound he was making by performing a tracheotomy on him. Despite the fact, as I later learned, that he was dead, his body reflexes were still working. I wasn't up close to the body, but I could still seef airly well the large amount of blood from the head wound. The head was badly damaged from the lower right base across the top extending across the top of the ear. It appeared to me as though the bullet traveled upward and had taken off the right portion of his skull. It may have been the security officer or one of the other officers who gave me a portion of the skull which was about the size of a teacup, much larger than a silver dollar. Apparently the explosion had jerked it because the hair was still on it. I carried that back to Washington later that nightand turned it over to the FBI laboratory.";

113) James "Ike" Altgens, AP photographer [deceased 12/12/95]:a) AP dispatch, 11/22/63 ["Cover-Up" by Stewart Galanor, Document 28]---"At first, I thought the shots came from the opposite side of the street."; B) 6/2/64 FBI interview (see "Photographic Whitewash" by HaroldWeisberg, pp. 202-206)---"He said the bullet struck President Kennedy on the right side of his head and the impact knocked the President forward.Altgens stated pieces of flesh, blood, and bones appeared to fly from the right side of the President's head and pass in front of Mrs. Kennedy to the left of the Presidential limousine.";

114)-115) William Eugene and ( Frances) Gayle Newman:WFAA/ ABC 11/22/63 [see 1983 rebroadcast “The Kennedy Tapes” for unedited portions]---"…a gunshot, apparently from behind us, hit the President in the side of the temple [indicating].";

116) Postal Inspector Harry D. Holmes [deceased 10/89]:a) "Murder From Within" by Fred Newcomb and Perry Adams, p. 213 (basedoff an early 1970's interview)--- "A postal inspector [Holmes] picked up a piece of skull from the Elm St. pavement. He said it was as "...big as the end of my finger..." Furthermore, it was one of many: "...there was just pieces of skull and bone and corruption all over the place..." He later discarded it.[!!!]";B) "No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 351-371+photo---[p. 352]"…there was just a cone of blood and corruption that went up right in the back of his head and neck. I thought it was red paper on a firecracker. It looked like a firecracker lit up which looks like little bits of red paper as it goes up. But in reality it was his skull and brains and everything else that went up perhaps as much as six or eight feet. Just like that!";

117) Deputy Sheriff Al Maddox:"No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 507-517+photo---[p. 509]"…I also saw human tissue lying in the street which was being wiped and cleaned up at the time.That was right about where the President was said to have been hit. I also saw one of the motorcycle officers who was splattered with blood.";

118) Norman Mitchel Similas: "The New York Times", 11/23/63---"I could see a hole in the President's left temple and his head and hair were bathed in blood.";

119) Alan Smith: "Chicago Tribune", 11/23/63, p. 9 [see also "Murder From Within", p.71]---"…The car was ten feet from me when a bullet hit the President in the forehead…the car went about five feet and stopped.";

120) DPD Joseph R. "Joe" Cody:a) WC references: 13 H 189-190; 14 H 33, 295, 558; 15 H 616; 23 H 344;B) "No More Silence" by Larry Sneed (1998), pp. 467-480+photo---[p.467]"…we jumped in our car and arrived at the scene where Kennedy was shot and killed in just three or four minutes. By that time, it was probably ten minutes after the shooting. While we were there, I searched the plaza and found a bone lying in the gutter that apparently came out of the back of the President's head." ;

Vince Palamara, author of "The Third Alternative-Survivor's Guilt: TheSecret Service and the JFK Murder" (1993/1997) and "JFK: The MedicalEvidence Reference" (1998)The Vince Palamara Webpages:

http://www.njmetronet.com/palamara/

Vince Palamara on pages xvii and 138 of ARRB's Final Report:Vince Palamara's Secret Service and General Research Files:

Working.

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v4n1.html

Not working.

gopher://freenet.akron.oh.us/11/SIGS/JFK/Only/VPMY

NEW BOOK, "JFK: THE MEDICAL EVIDENCE REFERENCE" (339 PAGES), This is now free on the web....

Wotking.

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v4n2.html

praisedby Dr. Gary Aguilar, Brad Parker, and many others, is available for $30 exclusively via "The Last Hurrah Bookshop":

Working

http://members.aol.com/jfkhurrah/

Andrew Winiarczyk Proprietor 849 W. Third St. #1 Williamsport, Pennsylvania 17701 717/321-1150 (Phone and Fax)--

The original piece working at:

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/VP/vp-06.html

B.......