The Education Forum

Charles Hodges

I do at all times try to locate information myself, before bothering others to direct me towards it. My search for information regarding Hodges has so far been futile here on this forum. If there is a thread already here, I would very much appreciate it, if someone could give me some kind of direction pinpointing in order to locate it.

"Charles Hodges 17, a Dallas high school student, said he was taking photographs of the President's car when the shooting occurred. He said Mrs. Kennedy was lying on top of her husband, as if to protect him." - Chicago Sun-Times Sat., Nov.23, 1963.

post-5649-1173647534_thumb.jpg

I am naturally wondering if anyone have any information on C. Hodges. As he was very young in 1963, it could be a reasonable chance that he is still alive.

G. Mack shared with me his thoughts, and that is so far all I have;

Apparently this is a true story, although his location is unknown. I looked into this years ago and concluded that, if the story is true, he must have been on the Stemmons Freeway overpass, which is west of the triple underpass.

There was a longer quote from him, or a different news story mentioned him. My memory is that he said his view was down into the car. In other words, he was above. Well, the only place that could happen was the Stemmons overpass. But he certainly could not have seen the assassination very clearly from that location.

Gary

Any relevant input would be appreciated.

Trygve,

I tried to track this guy down some time back and the possibility exists he was a student at the W.W. Samuell High School. I was not able to confirm that as I was unable to get the various alumni associations to reply.

Maybe one of the forum's Dallas residents could contact the school direct. It's a start.

James

Thank you for your input James. That is a start.

Just a shot in the dark, from familysearch.org:

Charles HODGES

Birth Date: 24 Jan 1945

Death Date: 15 Dec 1996

Social Security Number: 458-74-3996

State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Texas

Death Residence Localities

ZIP Code: 23235

Localities: Bon Air, Chesterfield, Virginia

Buford, Chesterfield, Virginia

Pocoshock, Chesterfield, Virginia

Richmond, Chesterfield, Virginia

It's interesting that this Charles would have been 18 (a high School Senior) and there is no middle initial (or name) indicated, just like the Charles you are looking for.

According to USsearch.com there is data on a Charles Hodges, approximately aged 60, living in Dallas. Also a Charles R. Hodges, aged 60. This could be the same person or a different person though.

On the downside this could be the same deceased person that Chris Newton has already found. Also, in total in Texas I believe there are 48 listings for the name "Charles Hodges" in the white pages.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

It could seem like his name is more common than I first thought. I do thank you for your input Antti.

Searching the internet for information is a science in itself, and in that regard I really appreciate your inputs, as my personal searching-skill-competence obviously is limited.

No problem Trygve. For a fee there is more info available on these individuals,(on ussearch.com)

I think there is another one, peoplesearch.com or something like that. These are US based databases with data from various public records which has been made available on-line. Mr. Daniel G. Arce was easy to find, for instance, just by doing a search in the whitepages.

It could seem like his name is more common than I first thought. I do thank you for your input Antti.

Searching the internet for information is a science in itself, and in that regard I really appreciate your inputs, as my personal searching-skill-competence obviously is limited.

Thanks again Antti. I do appreciate it. The web and books are my main sources for information regarding the assassination. In this case I feel frustration due to my geographical location, and feel that contacting i.e. the mentioned school direct, as James proposed, would be a more suitable approach.

Mack mentioned another article. And a longer qoute. I have not seen it, and would be interested if any of the members here could shed some light to which article this is.