The Education Forum

The Death of Jim Morrison

Yesterday I was listening to a radio interview with Ray Manzarek and Rick Manzarek of the Doors. They talked about the political impact of their music and life-style. They went on to claim that they believe Jim Morrison was murdered by agents of the US government. They said that within a short period Jimmy Hendrix (18 September, 1970), Janis Joplin (October 4, 1970) and (Jim Morrison 3 July, 1971) were all murdered and it was made to look like they had died of a drug overdose. They also connected it with the murders of JFK, RFK and MLK. Has anyone else heard this story?

Guest Stephen Turner
Yesterday I was listening to a radio interview with Ray Manzarek and Rick Manzarek of the Doors. They talked about the political impact of their music and life-style. They went on to claim that they believe Jim Morrison was murdered by agents of the US government. They said that within a short period Jimmy Hendrix (18 September, 1970), Janis Joplin (October 4, 1970) and (Jim Morrison 3 July, 1971) were all murdered and it was made to look like they had died of a drug overdose. They also connected it with the murders of JFK, RFK and MLK. Has anyone else heard this story?

By the time Jimbo died, overweight, depressed and with a hugh heroin monkey on his back, he was pretty much a spent force. Both Joplin, and Jimi were apolitical, despite recent attempts to dress them up in more radical cloths. But, like Lennon, some people cannot accept the tawdry, un-heroic truths of their deaths. Sad but true i'm afraid.

These 'murders' were reportedly commited as part of operation chaos, a war on the emerging counter culture.

The best account of the deaths involving rock stars comes from Alex Constantine's book on the subject. I can't recall the name of the book at the moment as I left my copy of it in the U.S.

John Judge and Mae Brussell have also done work in this field. I suggest that you google Mae Brussell, that will bring you to an archive of her work which has many references to operation chaos and the deaths mentioned above.

John

re Jimi: I doubt one could find a more (non-vocal) powerful political performance than Jimi's rendition of the star spangled banner at Woodstock. He usually ended his performances with the peace sign. He was into MLK's non-violence and desegregation.

Janice was born into segregated Texas and stood out in her rejection of what was expected of her by persuing a desegregated lifestyle/music milieu.

One thing we can be certain of is that these deaths had a very negative impact on counter-culture. If the "intelligence" services had been told to damage the counter-culture, drug-related deaths of major stars was the kind of thing they would have come up with.

Hi to all,i'm a big fan of The Doors & Morrison,over the last few years i've built up email friendships with his friends & people in the know.Its an open secret that Jim Morrison died of a Heroin overdose.One cover up connected to this is that a Famous Count & close friend of M Faithfull(excuse spelling)supplied the drug,Faithfull denies being in Paris at the time of Jim's death however various people have placed her there & the story goes that the Count knowing he supplied the drug made off ASAP with her.

Hope this may help,Apologies for the rushed post,at work.

Kind Regards Jim.

Hi to all,i'm a big fan of The Doors & Morrison,over the last few years i've built up email friendships with his friends & people in the know.Its an open secret that Jim Morrison died of a Heroin overdose.One cover up connected to this is that a Famous Count & close friend of M Faithfull(excuse spelling)supplied the drug,Faithfull denies being in Paris at the time of Jim's death however various people have placed her there & the story goes that the Count knowing he supplied the drug made off ASAP with her.

Hope this may help,Apologies for the rushed post,at work.

Kind Regards Jim.