The Education Forum

Gil Jesus and YouTube

I think Gil Jesus has made a very important contribution to JFK research with his YouTube films. It would be a good idea to use this thread to produce an index of these films.

All the clips I looked at were culled from other people's videos.

I think Gil Jesus has made a very important contribution to JFK research with his YouTube films. It would be a good idea to use this thread to produce an index of these films.

True but putting them in this form helps researchers. For example, I intend to put links to them from my individual pages on people connected to the assassination.

Pat, that's not necessarily a bad thing. For instance, nearly all videos with historic value that are used in documentaries, are culled from other people's videos. I never represented these clips as my own creations ( I was about 10 years old when some of these clips were taken) and I certainly never received any profit for their posting.

It has been my intention to put together these videos, many of which are not available outside the US, for the benefit of educating the world's children and helping them understand the circumstances leading up to the assassination of President Kennedy.

It is my view that only by understanding both the events leading up to the assassination, the powers arrayed against him, and the resistance he faced trying to move the US in a new direction, can we understand what culminated on November 22, 1963.

Thank You all for your interest in these video clips.

Pat, that's not necessarily a bad thing. For instance, nearly all videos with historic value that are used in documentaries, are culled from other people's videos. I never represented these clips as my own creations ( I was about 10 years old when some of these clips were taken) and I certainly never received any profit for their posting.

It has been my intention to put together these videos, many of which are not available outside the US, for the benefit of educating the world's children and helping them understand the circumstances leading up to the assassination of President Kennedy.

It is my view that only by understanding both the events leading up to the assassination, the powers arrayed against him, and the resistance he faced trying to move the US in a new direction, can we understand what culminated on November 22, 1963.

Thank You all for your interest in these video clips.

I agree with John and Gil. When my daughter, now 35, was growing up I checked her history book every year to see what they were teaching kids about the assassination. Almost nothing, just the WC lie and then only a blip. Not a word about controversey surrounding this. Today kids spend more time on the net than they do in class and these little video clips are a great tool in a student's beginning studies. Who knows which kids will become journalists or run for office? Perhaps make a difference here.

Dawn

They are only entertaining and aren't research until a transcript is made of what is said in the interviews and they are dated and sourced.

I'm sure there's some researchers out there who have the time to transcribe them.

BK

True but putting them in this form helps researchers. For example, I intend to put links to them from my individual pages on people connected to the assassination.

I absolutely agree that having access to these videos is invaluable, and that kids need to be educated. After all, I've been creating my own video series. My concern is that these videos have been uploaded for public viewing apparently without the permission of the copyright owners, and that the copyright owners appear to be individuals. Has Mark Lane given permission to have his film put up on Youtube?

I spent a few weeks dealing with CBS recently. I wanted to use an interview excerpt from their 1967 Special on the assassination. In this excerpt, Dr. Humes tells a BIG WHOPPING LIE to the American public, only weeks after getting a letter from the Justice Department pressuring him to lie. This can be demonstrated. CBS said we could use the 30 second excerpt, for 1500 bucks, and then only for four years. We opted to just re-enact the interview, using a transcript. What I'm getting at, I suppose, is that most of the videos I see on Youtube are either pro-SBT bs culled from the Discovery Channel or stuff culled from the videos of small independents. Some jerk--perhaps a former forum member-- went through the 80's mock trial footage and uploaded only the segments making Bugliosi look good.

Perhaps we should make a list of footage that should be on Youtube, and then set about finding the material and the individuals brave enough to put it up. As a beginning nomination, I vote for all the early WFAA interviews, apparently released a few years back on a no-longer available DVD. As a second nomination, I suggest the HSCA testimony. Apparently just about ALL of it was taped. If we could find all that and put it up we'd be providing a valuable service, IMO. I compared Baden's testimony to the transcripts of his testimony and found NUMEROUS changes.

As this thread has now developed into a discussion into copyright issues I have started a new thread on JFK and Videos.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9734

Please add details of any videos you upload or discover onto this thread. It will save me time doing it.

Anything which provides a "single source" directory of information is a relevant and important matter.

Be it the compilation of filmed information or such important endeavors as the accumulation of single print photographic information and/or evidence.

If more would "specialize" on such subject matters, then the resolution to much of the factual evidence would not continue to escape those who have yet to place much of it into it's proper perspective.

My compliments to anyone who takes on such a task.

"Out on the tree limb Tom"