The Education Forum

Kennedy Assassination Show on Tonight

Tonight I watched a 2 hour show about the Kennedy Assassination. I thought I had seen it before, but I don't think so. Of course, Oswald's the lone assassin, ad nauseum. But something occurred during the show that sent chills up my spine. I wished I had taped it.

You see them bringing LHO all around the police department and reporters asking him questions -- this is Harvey. You also see him being interviewed some time before the assassination. The interview begins with a reporter asking, do you follow Karl Marx? And you see him, with his tiny mouth and weird skull answering the questions calmly and intelligently. But previously they played a tape of a radio broadcast where Oswald is talking about his political views: It wasn't the same voice! It was a different voice, deeper, with something of a different accent -- not sure about the latter. But the voice was different! Could Oswald's voice been different because it was audio and the film clips are old -- we didn't hear him well on the visuals? I'm sorry, but that was a deeper, different voice.

I hope some of you watched this and taped it. It was called The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy. It was on the History Channel. Maybe they'll repeat it overnight. As a matter of fact, it's running right now. I don't know how much I missed -- I think it just started.

Kathy

Edited by Kathleen Collins

I watched the show and managed to tape Beyond the Conspiracy. The audio you hear is from a radio broadcast and it's a deeper voice. Then they show Harvey, talking to a reporter. His voice is higher. What to think? Has anyone else seen this and noticed this?

Kathy

Haven't seen it, but can make observation that stress and lack of often changes male pitch. Drugs, booze can also do that.

Guest Eugene B. Connolly
I watched the show and managed to tape Beyond the Conspiracy. The audio you hear is from a radio broadcast and it's a deeper voice. Then they show Harvey, talking to a reporter. His voice is higher. What to think? Has anyone else seen this and noticed this?

Kathy

Haven't seen it, but can make observation that stress and lack of often changes male pitch. Drugs, booze can also do that.

This programme has been shown on BBC several times - I have seen it twice.

It has appeared on the National Geographic channel too.

The BBC voice over was done by a BBC correspondent and journalist called Gavin Esler.

There may be different voice overs for different target areas - UK, USA etc., etc.

The programme is a total whitewash.

"Oswald did it - case closed."

Dale Myers and Gerald Posner feature heavily as well.

It is pure unadulterated hooey.

Not worth watching and certainly not worth recording.

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Kathy

This programme has been shown on BBC several times - I have seen it twice.

It has appeared on the National Geographic channel too.

The BBC voice over was done by a BBC correspondent and journalist called Gavin Esler.

There may be different voice overs for different target areas - UK, USA etc., etc.

The programme is a total whitewash.

"Oswald did it - case closed."

Dale Myers and Gerald Posner feature heavily as well.

It is pure unadulterated hooey.

Not worth watching and certainly not worth recording.

EBC

It is the same show that ABC ran in 2003, then hosted by Peter Jennings. TRASH. At the time, prior to the showing, Jim DiEugenio enlisted several researchers to aid him in getting newspaper ads to alert the public to this garbage. I aslo sent Jennings an impassioned email asking that he not participate in this cover-up. But of course the trash ran. The night before the three- later censorced- MWKK shown by the History Channel. Now History channel has dropped all episodes of TMWKK and show this trash on a regular basis. "Beyond Conspiracy" indeed! Beyond revolting.

Dawn

Tonight I watched a 2 hour show about the Kennedy Assassination. I thought I had seen it before, but I don't think so. Of course, Oswald's the lone assassin, ad nauseum. But something occurred during the show that sent chills up my spine. I wished I had taped it.

You see them bringing LHO all around the police department and reporters asking him questions -- this is Harvey. You also see him being interviewed some time before the assassination. The interview begins with a reporter asking, do you follow Karl Marx? And you see him, with his tiny mouth and weird skull answering the questions calmly and intelligently. But previously they played a tape of a radio broadcast where Oswald is talking about his political views: It wasn't the same voice! It was a different voice, deeper, with something of a different accent -- not sure about the latter. But the voice was different! Could Oswald's voice been different because it was audio and the film clips are old -- we didn't hear him well on the visuals? I'm sorry, but that was a deeper, different voice.

I hope some of you watched this and taped it. It was called The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy. It was on the History Channel. Maybe they'll repeat it overnight. As a matter of fact, it's running right now. I don't know how much I missed -- I think it just started.

Kathy

old story.... completed just in time for the JFK 40th anniversary (assassination-imagine that). The notorious Dale Myers quote: "...its NOT the Single Bullet THEORY, it's the Single Bullet FACT!" Dale did in fact convince Peter Jennings though...

Edited by David G. Healy

... You see them bringing LHO all around the police department and reporters asking him questions ... You also see him being interviewed some time before the assassination. ... But previously they played a tape of a radio broadcast where Oswald is talking about his political views: It wasn't the same voice!
old story.... completed just in time for the JFK 40th anniversary (assassination-imagine that). The notorious Dale Myers quote: "...its NOT the Single Bullet THEORY, it's the Single Bullet FACT!" Dale did in fact convince Peter Jennings though...

Two observations:

First, the human voice doesn't change, per se. Its pitch and timber may, but the essential voice does not. This is how someone can be identified by their voice even when they attempt to disguise it. I have no idea where one could have this comparison made (police station? would they spare the time and expense?), but if it could be done, it might resolve the issue.

Second, it is not very difficult to convince someone of something they're receptive to hearing or believed all along. C'mon, I dare anyone: convince me if you can that Lee Oswald didn't kill JFK and/or JD Tippit! Some things are just easy sells. Jennings was a lay-down.

... You see them bringing LHO all around the police department and reporters asking him questions ... You also see him being interviewed some time before the assassination. ... But previously they played a tape of a radio broadcast where Oswald is talking about his political views: It wasn't the same voice!

Two observations:

First, the human voice doesn't change, per se. Its pitch and timber may, but the essential voice does not. This is how someone can be identified by their voice even when they attempt to disguise it. I have no idea where one could have this comparison made (police station? would they spare the time and expense?), but if it could be done, it might resolve the issue.

Second, it is not very difficult to convince someone of something they're receptive to hearing or believed all along. C'mon, I dare anyone: convince me if you can that Lee Oswald didn't kill JFK and/or JD Tippit! Some things are just easy sells. Jennings was a lay-down.

Isn't there some kind of technology that can analyze the voice? I'm surprised that hasn't been used yet. Other opinions on the voice?

Kathy

Two observations:

If you think that Peter Jennings was deceived by Dale Myers you're looking at it all backwards. TV investigations such as this one decide their conclusions FIRST, then go out and find the experts to back them up. That's the only way they can assure the backing of their parent corporations and sponsors. Have you ever read CBS' pitch to Connally in 67? They told him that their show was gonna defend the WC, assured him that Mark Lane would not be given his due, and then gave him a list of the other participants. I visited Myers' website in early 2003, and studied his conclusions carefully. At that point he was connecting Connally's back wound to Kennedy's throat wound and noting that they projected back to the sniper's nest at 224. He acknowledged that the back wound on this trajectory was a bit higher than the one seen on the autopsy photos. Then along comes ABC. Just as the ABC special appeared, Myers' website changed to correlate to his new "conclusions," clearly designed to please. He repeated these conclusions on ABC. Now, the location of the back wound entrance was determined by careful comparison to the back wound photos. It just so happened to be in the exact location he'd previously said was too high!!! For this blatant dishonesty, he was awarded with an Emmy Award. Jennings won an Edward R. Murrow Award for journalistic excellence.

Now Jennings' corporate backers have dishonored him by cutting him out of his own program, and replacing him with lackeys of a more international flavor. Presumably, the thinking is that looking at a dead guy talking about a dead guy is just too darned depressing, and hey, why not drag a bunch of other news personalities into the mud while we're at it?

Anyone interested in Myers' deceptions is welcome to look at The Single Bullet "Fact" section of my work in progress, now available for perusal at patspeer.com.