The Education Forum

Oh no, not Lucien Sarti again

http://www.inthefirstperson.com/firp/firp....20...</I>

James, The link above is an interview with Bill Lair who was CIA and operated in Laos and Thailand for 25 years. He left Thailand in 1980 and funny enough the interview took place in 2001.

Is this Bill Lair a different Bill Lair than the one you Mention. If so, funny coincidence that a man with the same name would be stomping the same grounds, for the same gov't agency. I thought "Mjr. Lopez" died in or near Fort Bragg in a bar brawl in 1982. Confused.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.inthefirstperson.com/firp/firp....20...</I>

James, The link above is an interview with Bill Lair who was CIA and operated in Laos and Thailand for 25 years. He left Thailand in 1980 and funny enough the interview took place in 2001.

Is this Bill Lair a different Bill Lair than the one you Mention. If so, funny coincidence that a man with the same name would be stomping the same grounds, for the same gov't agency. I thought "Mjr. Lopez" died in or near Fort Bragg in a bar brawl in 1982. Confused.

A hunter is not a professional killer of people and why is everybody who's so anxious to blame the Agency so aghast at the thought of some one in the military performing a similar act. I had a partner in the Tac Unit who had been a Green Beret in Vietnam attached to Phoenix-his hatred of JFK was extreme and he assured me his was a commonly held opinion.

Certainly 99.9% of the military are great folks, but its silly to dismiss a possibility because it doesn't fit our preconceived notions. Additionally, there were plenty of Bay of Pigs Veterans who had both the ability and the anger to get involved.

As the orginial Training Sgt for the Special Response Team I can tell you that you need alot more than just excellent marksmanship skills to be a sniper-not everyone can drop the hammer on some one on command.

Edited by Evan Marshall

Antti,

IMO, Sarti was disinformation with no connection to Laos. Same with the other Corsicans even though it seems Mertz/Souetre/Roux was in Dallas.

Like I said, in my opinion of course.

James

Richard,

Saint John Hunt said that in identifying a shooter his father mentioned a name that sounded like "Sarti." But maybe this name was actually "Souetre" instead of "Sarti." Saint John may have misheard.

Then, the shooter is actually Mertz.

No?

Miles

But didn't Hunt also say it was a "Corsican"?

James,

James Richards said:
IMO, Sarti was disinformation with no connection to Laos. Same with the other Corsicans even though it seems Mertz/Souetre/Roux was in Dallas.

James

This has intrigued me from the first time I saw it.

The man circled on the right supposedly is Jean Rene Souetre.

The picture on the left is cropped from one of the evidence documents ( I don't remember if it was the Warren Hearings, or First Day Evidence or what) of a picture of the alleged assassination rifle. Leaning on the wall behind the rifle is what appears to be a police artist sketch.

I think the two pictures are remarkably similar.

I also think that someone in the DPD was trying to tell us something.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

But didn't Hunt also say it was a "Corsican"?

Saint John Hunt says that his father told him that a shooter was "a French-Corsican gunman" recruited by Meyer from the Marseilles drug underworld. This means that the shooter could have been a French member of the Marseilles French-Corsican underworld mob & not necessarily a Corsican.

E. Howard said the name of the gunman started with an "S" & sounded like "Sartree" or "Sartay" or something like that. Souetre could easily sound like Sartre or Sartree.

Anybody seen the full tape anywhere?

Antti,

That is the same Jim Bill Lair. He was the guy who recruited Tony Poshepny and he also worked close with Ted Shackley. JBL was one of the real good guys, a true patriot and he would have abhorred and indeed spoken out against assassination plans if he knew about them.

IMO, JBL was not involved in any way. He was not the Major Lopez mentioned. I am aware of his identity and he was cut from a completely different cloth.

Even though Souetre was supposedly the man in Dallas that day, I think this was in fact Michel Mertz. I do not believe Mertz was a shooter though. Mertz and Souetre below.

Steve, that identikit image also bears a striking similarity to Ronald Ponce DeLeon who is somewhat of a mystery man post assassination. There was also a man captured on film in the post assassination mayhem that looks remarkably like Ponce. (second attachment)

FWIW.

James

Does anyone else think its just a little strange that Hunt would be invited to join a

conspiract to kill the President, be told who was behind it and the names of several

key people organizing it - then back out and tell the guys no thanks....and not only

not meet with an accident ...but rather also be told the name of the shooter and where

the shooter was going to be recruited?

Don't we usually talk about all this being compartmentalized...not to mention mystery

deaths for people that would only have known a tiny part of what Howard claims to

have known and just walked away ....being trusted to keep it to himself, not leverage it or

to spill the beans when he was out drinking or something (not unknown for Hunt).

-- Larry

Does anyone else think its just a little strange that Hunt would be invited to join a

conspiract to kill the President, be told who was behind it and the names of several

key people organizing it - then back out and tell the guys no thanks....and not only

not meet with an accident ...but rather also be told the name of the shooter and where

Don't we usually talk about all this being compartmentalized...not to mention mystery

deaths for people that would only have known a tiny part of what Howard claims to

have known and just walked away ....being trusted to keep it to himself, not leverage it or

to spill the beans when he was out drinking or something (not unknown for Hunt).

-- Larry

Count me in Larry.

Ther word "incredible" springs to mind.

Edited by Sid Walker

-- Larry

Larry,

You are right. No one would be asked to participate, it doesn't work that way. Compartmentalized assignments are handed out with no one knowing the ultimate aim. Only a very small controlling circle know all. Not even the shooters would have known until the target was in the cross-hairs.

I can imagine the dialogue with Hunt.

Plotter, "Hey, Howie, we are going to whack JFK. You In?"

Hunt, "No thanks guys, but good luck with that."

BTW, didn't Hunt have some connection to Souetre? Can't find the reference just now.

James

Edited by James Richards

Even though Souetre was supposedly the man in Dallas that day, I think this was in fact Michel Mertz. I do not believe Mertz was a shooter though.

Mertz was running Sarti at a distance.

BTW, didn't Hunt have some connection to Souetre? Can't find the reference just now.

Souetre, Hunt & Willoughby met in April or May, 1963, in Madrid. Cross check with Gil Jesus.

-- Larry

Count me in Larry.

Ther word "incredible" springs to mind.

Yes, so I take it back when I theorized that he lied via omission rather than commission.

Saying he RSVP'd the assassination invitation with "unable to attend" is a whopper.

So did he tell that whopper so his kids wouldn't hate him, or so the world wouldn't hate his kids, or so the world wouldn't hate him, or what?

Guest John Woods
Souetre, Hunt & Willoughby met in April or May, 1963, in Madrid. Cross check with Gil Jesus. (Miles Scull)

Thanks, Miles.

James

James,

There is another "alleged" arrest following the assassination in the Murray series.

Bill A., thought that your suspect may have been the youth walk into DPH and

confessed to stealing cars. Weird.

I recall that Sturgis was involved in stealing cars for resale down in Mexico to

support operations.

johnw

I tend to believe that Hunt is telling the truth except the part about him being invited to participate and turning it down. He was one of the assigned. He would be an understandable participant, working in the new and ominously named Domestic Operations Division, which was doing jobs, Hunt once claimed, that "no one else wanted." A perhaps wry choice of words, since in this case he was doing a job that seemingly everybody wanted. And there is some physical evidence of his participation, namely a photograph of whom I believe to be Hunt crossing Elm Street. And there are things that make little sense if he did not participate. Why did he have his kids lie and say he was home on 11/22/63? Why did he leave the whole year of 1963 out of his autobiography Undercover? How come not even the Rockefeller Commission could find out where he was on 11/22/63 (not that it may have tried really hard to find out)? And the man thought he was dying when he made this tape for his son. He just couldn't bring himself to say that he was more than a "benchwarmer."