The Education Forum

Newly discovered film of President Kennedy in Dallas 11/22/63

(Link to video is here. I had to use explorer to view it.)

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=6468512

"Man captures President Kennedy on home movie

by Maria Downey

Thursday, May 4, 2007

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- The Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association or has rooms full of historic films about Alaska. For a fee, it also transfers film to video or DVDs for clients, normally working home videos of family gatherings, or events.

But recently those routine dubs turned extraordinary with the discovery of a film shot Nov. 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas.

Michael Walsh works at AMPIA, spending his hours transferring memories from film to DVDs and tape.

"98 Percent of that footage was of the family around Christmas trees out the front yard children's first steps," Walsh said.

His days were fairly routine until just over a week ago.

"It was remarkable and I can't imagine having another experience as an archivist," Walsh said.

As he was transferring the Yeargan family's memories, footage of John F. Kennedy from that dark day in Dallas 43 years ago materialized.

"Three minutes of it happens to be some of the Kennedy footage," Walsh said. I was thinking if I just saw what I think I saw; if it was actually real. I was sort of numb. And this running joke at AMPIA is every time I do a home movie transfer, "Did you get the grassy knoll? Did you get the Kennedy shot?'"

The footage came from Bob Yeargan, 87, who took a break from work in Dallas to go see the president a few blocks away.

"I had this radio so I could keep up with him and basically, I knew where he was at the time, so I was ready when he came by," Yeargan said. "I was just taking a picture of Kennedy passing by and I got what I wanted and I left. And that was it until I got in my car and heard what happened," Yeargan said.

Back at his office, Yeargan was confronted by shock and confusion. He talked to one man who relayed his own account of the incident.

"And so he was standing across the street where Kennedy was shot and he saw a piece of Kennedy's head fly off right at land his own feet so he said the man was dead right then," Yeargan said.

Also on the video, the shot of the much talked about grassy knoll, where some say another shot may have been fired. But Yeargan's film was shot the day after.

"They were going back over what happened exactly, everything. People were in shock, the whole city was in shock," Yeargan said.

..."

by Maria Downey

Thursday, May 4, 2007

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- The Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association or has rooms full of historic films about Alaska. For a fee, it also transfers film to video or DVDs for clients, normally working home videos of family gatherings, or events.

But recently those routine dubs turned extraordinary with the discovery of a film shot Nov. 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas.

Michael Walsh works at AMPIA, spending his hours transferring memories from film to DVDs and tape.

"98 Percent of that footage was of the family around Christmas trees out the front yard children's first steps," Walsh said.

"It was remarkable and I can't imagine having another experience as an archivist," Walsh said.

As he was transferring the Yeargan family's memories, footage of John F. Kennedy from that dark day in Dallas 43 years ago materialized.

"Three minutes of it happens to be some of the Kennedy footage," Walsh said. I was thinking if I just saw what I think I saw; if it was actually real. I was sort of numb. And this running joke at AMPIA is every time I do a home movie transfer, "Did you get the grassy knoll? Did you get the Kennedy shot?'"

The footage came from Bob Yeargan, 87, who took a break from work in Dallas to go see the president a few blocks away.

"I had this radio so I could keep up with him and basically, I knew where he was at the time, so I was ready when he came by," Yeargan said. "I was just taking a picture of Kennedy passing by and I got what I wanted and I left. And that was it until I got in my car and heard what happened," Yeargan said.

Back at his office, Yeargan was confronted by shock and confusion. He talked to one man who relayed his own account of the incident.

"And so he was standing across the street where Kennedy was shot and he saw a piece of Kennedy's head fly off right at land his own feet so he said the man was dead right then," Yeargan said.

Also on the video, the shot of the much talked about grassy knoll, where some say another shot may have been fired. But Yeargan's film was shot the day after.

"They were going back over what happened exactly, everything. People were in shock, the whole city was in shock," Yeargan said.

..."

now that's really something

by Maria Downey

Thursday, May 4, 2007

..."

Credit: Ed LeDoux

10581.jpg

10585.jpg

10586.jpg

10587.jpg

10590.jpg

Quote:

Where did this guy work. ?

Who was his workmate, who was apparently standing near the Brehm position during the assassination. ?

Quote:

Where did this guy work. ?

Who was his workmate, who was apparently standing near the Brehm position during the assassination. ?

I received this email from Gary Mack.

quote:

Hi Robin,

I spoke to Bob Friday morning and he said his coworker was Charles Brehm. Bob's location on Main was near Market Street, which was three short blocks east of Houston Street and Dealey Plaza.

Gary Mack

Robin: "I received this email from Gary Mack.

quote: "Hi Robin,

I spoke to Bob Friday morning and he said his coworker was Charles Brehm. Bob's location on Main was near Market Street, which was three short blocks east of Houston Street and Dealey Plaza.

Gary Mack" "

a curio:

a letter was received by the DPD re a recounting of a visit to Alaska where the writer states that the police he had contact with there did not believe that Oswald was the shooter.

cover letter: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/39/3915-001.gif

the letter

page one: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/39/3915-002.gif

page two: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/39/3915-003.gif