The Education Forum

Tim Carroll

Tim,

I don't know you, I don't participate in the JFK board, and I don't subscribe to any religious beliefs. I have a strong belief in scientific fact, which I can reproduce and withstands scrutiny.

You do, however, garner a substantial respect on this board, so may I say this: Miracles do happen. Especially to those people who demonstrate the moral fortitude - such as you - to not give up, not to complain, but to fight to the end.

Please remember: you have not failed until you give up. This is an age where we can achieve things that were thought impossible the day before.

I truly wish all the best for you, and am sure that the combined thoughts of people here will in some way enhance your karma (whatever that may be).

I look forward to chatting with you in years to come.

Edited by Evan Burton

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, It is heart breaking to read this. I just do not understand Stanford in not getting back to you. Perhaps

Chris should call them and see what the hold up is. While I am glad you got Hospice and that you will be comfortable and cared for, I am holding out for a miracle. The fight re JFK will continue. There are just no words Tim. love, Dawn

I heard from the head of the transplant team at Stanford a couple of days ago and haven't been able to make sense of what he was saying. He informed me that I have a coronary lesion over the left ventricle which would lessen the chances of a successful outcome from a single lung transplant. Since my family history has had me convinced that there was a coronary element to all of this, and because a lung transplant is one of the most dangerous and extensive surgeries being performed, I countered with the whole shebang: how about a heart/lung transplant? His response was that I am now too ill to withstand that surgery. I have read too many case studies of lung transplant patients who died due to the damage to the heart caused by the lungs to be able to elect a surgery with such poor odds and with new problems being found in my heart.

Tim, I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Of course I'll come visit when I get back to northern California from my tour. You clearly have a lot of people in this forum sending you their best thoughts -- and you can count me as one of them. Please email me at talbotd@salon.com and tell me where you live. We conspiracy freaks have to stick together.

David, I will definitely send you my e-mail address and would welcome a visit. My daughter and granddaughter live just minutes from SF, in Alameda, and I hate to think that I've seen SF for the last time, so perhaps we could get together for lunch without you having to drive the three hours to Chico. I enjoyed our exchange at the Adolphus Hotel at the '04 seminar, when I cited Allard Lowenstein as a counterpoint to Jeff Morley's assertion about RFK's relationship with the NY liberals, and discussed with you the seldom considered notion that Bobby and Jack weren't necessarily working off the same page.

By the way, I enjoyed your article in Salon about Chris Matthews. He was obviously livid and treated you very badly on his own program which had you debating Bugliosi. Between Matthews' animosity and Bugliosi's prosecutor-on-meth behavior, you were hardly allowed to speak.

T.C., just to let you know, I'm working on making the Eugene trip. Don't worry, I've got a sleeping bag, and love "roughing it." I'll keep you posted. Since I'll have a full week of employment waiting for me at "The Hill," [July 17, 18, 19, 20, 21] that should help to cover it. I'll keep you posted as to the details. Love always, Ter

Ter: mi casa es su casa. If I'm actually able to make the Oregon trip during the first week of July, I will certainly be home for those dates. I have to work on my caregivers to prescribe a bit of an upper for such special occasions so that I can be at my best for an hour or two (which is pretty much the limit).

Thank you all for your kind wishes and expressions of sympathy.

"I countered with the whole shebang: how about a heart/lung transplant? His response was that I am now too ill to withstand that surgery."

It is that rare occasion, or shock occurrence, to leave me as speechless, as I am at this moment. I feel as if I've been punched right between the eyes.

"Ter: mi casa es su casa. If I'm actually able to make the Oregon trip during the first week of July, I will certainly be home for those dates. I have to work on my caregivers to prescribe a bit of an upper for such special occasions so that I can be at my best for an hour or two (which is pretty much the limit)."

I haven't been on-line since Wednesday, and that was mainly to check my mail at yahoo. I haven't been on the forum here, since Memorial Day weekend. I'll make a point of touching base more often during this month to check on your status [God, does that sound like I'm still on the job, or what?]. Working at The Hill is turning me into an automaton, but you'd be proud of me, T.C. My skills are operating at full tilt boogie and I'm making my departing boss so proud, as well.

Oh, and BTW, Talbot's book arrived on Thursday and I'm just cracking it open this weekend, once the bills have been paid, and the mundane utilitarian functions required in keeping up appearances [laundry, cleaning] are out of the way, so I can relax without the usual distractions coming at me from all sides.

I'll be in touch with you and Cris, soon.

Love always,

Ter

Tim, It is heart breaking to read this. I just do not understand Stanford in not getting back to you. Perhaps

Chris should call them and see what the hold up is. While I am glad you got Hospice and that you will be comfortable and cared for, I am holding out for a miracle. The fight re JFK will continue. There are just no words Tim. love, Dawn

I heard from the head of the transplant team at Stanford a couple of days ago and haven't been able to make sense of what he was saying. He informed me that I have a coronary lesion over the left ventricle which would lessen the chances of a successful outcome from a single lung transplant. Since my family history has had me convinced that there was a coronary element to all of this, and because a lung transplant is one of the most dangerous and extensive surgeries being performed, I countered with the whole shebang: how about a heart/lung transplant? His response was that I am now too ill to withstand that surgery. I have read too many case studies of lung transplant patients who died due to the damage to the heart caused by the lungs to be able to elect a surgery with such poor odds and with new problems being found in my heart.

Tim,

This is indeed bad news. I wonder why they made you wait so long just for this. Bastards.

Hang in there buddy ....a lot of people care and are hoping for a miracle.

love,

Dawn

Tim,

This is indeed bad news. I wonder why they made you wait so long just for this. Bastards.

love,

Dawn

Tim,

love,

Dawn