The Education Forum

Recorded History

Just so that "History" actually has an accurate record of events, the missing lead fragment from CE840 was removed from the FBI Ballistics Lab by FBI Agent William Sullivan.

Which, just may serve as an "indicator" of the potential significance of this missing evidence.

For the "Official" Historical Record:

Anyone who would like to verify whether "rumor" or "fact", just may want to get in touch with FBI Agent Robert Frazier, and hope that his memory has not diminished this historical tidbit of information.

Just so that "History" actually has an accurate record of events, the missing lead fragment from CE840 was removed from the FBI Ballistics Lab by FBI Agent William Sullivan.

Which, just may serve as an "indicator" of the potential significance of this missing evidence.

For the last time (hopefully)!

For those serious researchers who have always questioned the obfuscation of the evidence of the JFK Assassination, yet have done so without having to resort to mythological beings and/or space alien type body kidnappings in order to explain these questions.

Mr. Specter: Will you describe the three pieces of metal which are contained within this vial, please?

Mr. Frazier: The three pieces of metal are lead. They were weighed immediately upon recovery and were found to weigh nine-tenths of a grain, seven-tenths of a grain, and seven-tenths of a grain, respectively. Since that time small portions have been removed for spectrographic analysis and comparison with other bullets and bullet fragments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Specter: Mr. Frazier, is it possible for the fragments identified in Commission Exhibit 840 to have come from the whole bullet heretofore identified as Commission Exhibit 399?

Mr. Frazier: I would say that based on weight it would be highly improbable that that much weight could have come from the base of that bullet since its present weight is--its weight when I first received it was 158.6 grains.

Mr. Specter: Referring now to 399.

Mr. Frazier: Exhibit 399, and its original normal weight would be 160 to 161 grains, and those three metal fragments had a total of 2.1 grains as I recall--2.3 grains. So it is possible but not likely since there is only a very small part of the core of the bullet 399 missing.

5 WH 66

--------------------------------------

Has not the bullet already left some of its weight inside the gun-barrel, just by exiting, creating friction of some kind?

Even though they are listed as three fragments, and the photo at i.e. the Mary Ferrell website is marked "three small lead particles", there are only two visible. Obviously.

The third one which is visible in the photo posted above, does seem to be shaped in somewhat another fashion than the other two.

Edited by Trygve V. Jensen

Mr. Specter: Will you describe the three pieces of metal which are contained within this vial, please?

Mr. Frazier: The three pieces of metal are lead. They were weighed immediately upon recovery and were found to weigh nine-tenths of a grain, seven-tenths of a grain, and seven-tenths of a grain, respectively. Since that time small portions have been removed for spectrographic analysis and comparison with other bullets and bullet fragments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Specter: Mr. Frazier, is it possible for the fragments identified in Commission Exhibit 840 to have come from the whole bullet heretofore identified as Commission Exhibit 399?

Mr. Frazier: I would say that based on weight it would be highly improbable that that much weight could have come from the base of that bullet since its present weight is--its weight when I first received it was 158.6 grains.

Mr. Specter: Referring now to 399.

Mr. Frazier: Exhibit 399, and its original normal weight would be 160 to 161 grains, and those three metal fragments had a total of 2.1 grains as I recall--2.3 grains. So it is possible but not likely since there is only a very small part of the core of the bullet 399 missing.

5 WH 66

--------------------------------------

Has not the bullet already left some of its weight inside the gun-barrel, just by exiting, creating friction of some kind?

Even though they are listed as three fragments, and the photo at i.e. the Mary Ferrell website is marked "three small lead particles", there are only two visible. Obviously.

The third one which is visible in the photo posted above, does seem to be shaped in somewhat another fashion than the other two.

1. The missing fragment was a "cone" shaped/flat based non-irregular fragment of lead.

The flat base portion is that oval 4.5mm portion of the lead core which can be observed in virtually all WCC Carcano bullets.

The "cone" shape was created as the lead was being forced through the channel in the copper jacket at the base of the bullet at the same time as this channel was being progressively closed due to the external pressure exerted onto the copper jacket as the bullet passed through the limb of the live oak tree, and these external pressures caused to lead fragment to squeeze out the base of the bullet at the same instance that the copper jacket was partially collapsing/flattening.

2. Quite correct as regards the weight loss as to being fired.

Often makes one wonder by exactly what "standard" some persons consider themselves as researchers.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis