The Education Forum

Churchill's Official Assassin

I've been intending to buy this (expensive) real-story book about an elite WWII SAS commander (Peter Mason) who was tasked by PM Churchill himself in 1945 to form a hunter-killer unit to locate and execute fleeing Nazis in 1945 onwards...

It seems that Winston feared that many 'middle-ranking' nazis would flee and escape official justice (in Argentina via the Vatican-aided escape lines and ODESSA?), so ordered a secret 'fitting tribute' for them. It cheered me up to have discovered that we didn't just get by on a diet of Vera Lynn songs and sober, wooden war films.

Former SAS officer Sir Peter De La Billiére himself admitted on record that the SAS were used to "find war criminals", when nearly all other sources will say that this elite regiment was disbanded in 1945.

The book on Amazon

An article about Mason

Of course, the last time I checked, the book was still banned in the UK! :blink: Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Edited by John Wilson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been intending to buy this (expensive) real-story book about an elite WWII SAS commander (Peter Mason) who was tasked by PM Churchill himself in 1945 to form a hunter-killer unit to locate and execute fleeing Nazis in 1945 onwards...

It seems that Winston feared that many 'middle-ranking' nazis would flee and escape official justice (in Argentina via the Vatican-aided escape lines and ODESSA?), so ordered a secret 'fitting tribute' for them. It cheered me up to have discovered that we didn't just get by on a diet of Vera Lynn songs and sober, wooden war films.

Former SAS officer Sir Peter De La Billiére himself admitted on record that the SAS were used to "find war criminals", when nearly all other sources will say that this elite regiment was disbanded in 1945.

The book on Amazon

An article about Mason

Of course, the last time I checked, the book was still banned in the UK! :blink: Wonder why? :blink:

Did you see the C4 documentary this week on the hunting down of the killers of those responsible for the murders of those involved in the "Great Escape"? It was a fascinating look at the morality of justice.

Oh no!! I meant to watch that!! Darn it.

Could you give us a brief review of what went on after the Gestapo murders of the fifty escapees (not as depicted in the film, but in small groups on seperate days)?

Cheers John

• 9 months later...

Did you see the C4 documentary this week on the hunting down of the killers of those responsible for the murders of those involved in the "Great Escape"? It was a fascinating look at the morality of justice.

I have now seen that doc, and it was fascinating, yet somehow unsatisfactory..

I would have broken the rules (official ones anyway) and had the nazi bastards garotted and shot, as Mossad has done.

Edited by John Wilson