The Education Forum

Man City, and Kaka.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner
here.According to Sky(yes, I know) City have bid £120,000,000, with a further £30,000,000 going to his Father and various vampires, sorry, Agents. his wages are rumoured to be £500,000 a week.....Thoughts Gentlemen? Edited by Stephen Turner

Guest Gary Loughran
According to Sky(yes, I know) City have bid £120,000,000, with a further £30,000,000 going to his Father and various vampires, sorry, Agents. his wages are rumoured to be £500,000 a week.....Thoughts Gentlemen?

Quite possibly one of the most shameful episodes in modern football. This deal is beyond disgraceful in it's total rejection of the ordinary. This rejection isn't borne from genius or a willingness to break the mould etc. it is purely and simply a money is power exercise.

Given the current economic climate, given the catchment area of City, given that Kaka isn't even that good - City and Hughes, especially, are guilty of gross indecency. If this is a 4/5 year deal - the money spent on Kaka in fees and wages could buy West Ham...for some perspective.

Though Stephen you should be happy - This will obviously inflate Roanldo's price when he goes to Madrid. He has just trademarked CR9 in Portugal...a clue to his shirt perhaps.

According to Sky(yes, I know) City have bid £120,000,000, with a further £30,000,000 going to his Father and various vampires, sorry, Agents. his wages are rumoured to be £500,000 a week.....Thoughts Gentlemen?

It is just an example of what happens with market forces in a capitalist society. It is being distorted by the fact that the owners of Manchester City do not live in a democracy and therefore earn an average of £1m an hour and do not have to pay a fair rate of tax on this obscene sum.

The important question is will it work? Kaka will no doubt score some impressive goals. Robinho has done that for them this season but they are still in a relegation fight. The problem for City has been in defence. Hughes needed to buy some top-class defenders with a proven record in the premiership. It would be even better if they took them from their relegation rivals.

You do not make a top class team by buying a few world class mercenaries. Outstanding teams take years to build. It often takes time to integrate players into a team, especially when they have come from a foreign league. Look at what has happened to Deco this season. He has created serious problems in the balance of the Chelsea team. I wonder just how good Robinho and Kaka will be on a cold afternoon playing at Wigan or Stoke. I think even with Kaka, City are still going to be in a relegation fight.