The Education Forum

Steven Gerrard

John Simkin

West Ham were awful against Liverpool on Saturday. After the game Mark Noble made sure he swapped shirts with Gerrard. “I don’t really ask for many. I’ve got [Paul] Scholes, [Cesc] Fàbregas, [Frank] Lampard, Joe Cole and now Gerrard’s. I like getting the midfielders, the best in the country. Gerrard has completed my collection. He’s the best, isn’t he? Let’s put that straight. In my eyes, with the praise he does get, I still don’t think he gets enough. He’s obviously labelled one of the best in Europe, but with the goals he scores, how he is for Liverpool, I’d say he is the best. He has stayed at his own club all these years. The really big teams are all interested in him but he pledged his future to Liverpool. For his sake, I hope one day he wins the title. For him and for Liverpool.”

West Ham were awful against Liverpool on Saturday. After the game Mark Noble made sure he swapped shirts with Gerrard. “I don’t really ask for many. I’ve got [Paul] Scholes, [Cesc] Fàbregas, [Frank] Lampard, Joe Cole and now Gerrard’s. I like getting the midfielders, the best in the country. Gerrard has completed my collection. He’s the best, isn’t he? Let’s put that straight. In my eyes, with the praise he does get, I still don’t think he gets enough. He’s obviously labelled one of the best in Europe, but with the goals he scores, how he is for Liverpool, I’d say he is the best. He has stayed at his own club all these years. The really big teams are all interested in him but he pledged his future to Liverpool. For his sake, I hope one day he wins the title. For him and for Liverpool.”

I find myself in agreement with John Simkin (line 1) and with Mark Noble :lol: