The Education Forum

JFK Forum Reorganized

John Simkin

The JFK forum has now accumulated a great deal of material. Much of it is not being accessed. The reason is that most people only look at those threads found on the first page of the listed items. You can use the search facility but this is very time consuming. Therefore I decided to organize the JFK Forum into three sections.

The JFK Assassination Debate section is for general postings. The problem with this section is that once it goes off the first page it will not be accessed very much.

The JFK Online Seminars is what it says. These seminars have to be approved before they appear. If people post in this section by mistake, the thread will be moved to the Assassination Debate. The main idea for this section is to enable researchers to easily find material that has been produced in an academic way. It time, I hope to have a seminar thread for every major part of the case.

JFK Books enables us to discuss books on the case with their authors. So far I have persuaded Larry Hancock, Jim Marrs, Donald Gibson, Nathaniel Weyl and William Reymond to discuss their books on the forum. Hopefully, several others will join us over the next couple of weeks.

The JFK Forum can now be found here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=163

An added complication is that we have had to add a new security system to the forum. Over the last few months we have come under constant attacks by groups who dislike what we are doing on the forum. What they do is to use software that demands thousands of pages per second from our forum. The impact of this is that it blocks the forum for members and other visitors. Eventually this software uses up all our bandwidth and the forum goes down.

The only way we have found to deal with these attacks is to install a security system where every person who asks to see a page of the forum is sent to the home page. The system then identifies who you are. After a two second delay you can move to wherever you like. The software that is being used against the forum cannot cope with this and is blocked. This only happens at the beginning of each session.

Therefore to access the JFK Forum you first need to visit our home page first:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx

Scroll down the page and you will see the JFK section. Wait for two seconds and then you can visit any part that you want.

The JFK forum has now accumulated a great deal of material. Much of it is not being accessed. The reason is that most people only look at those threads found on the first page of the listed items....

The JFK Online Seminars is what it says. These seminars have to be approved before they appear. If people post in this section by mistake, the thread will be moved to the Assassination Debate.

John,

You're right; "most people only look at those threads found on the first page of the listed items." If a seminar is still a hot topic, why should it be relegated to an entirely different section, which "most people" won't check at all? Let the natural laws of interest prevail, as was the case before you made this change.

When you say, "If people post in this section by mistake, the thread will be moved to the Assassination Debate," that is understandable with regard to the creation of an entirely new thread, but it should not apply to pre-approved, invited even, seminar threads.

If you find my tone snide, it is because of the misleading response you gave when I first noticed the change and mentioned it. I won't throw the curt and misleading quote of what you said at you again here, but if you want to in the interest of fairness, well, it's your forum after all.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll