The Education Forum

LBJ's daughter Courtenay Valenti to produce Legacy of Secrecy for Warner Brothers

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

http://actyourage09.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/girls-in-the-white-house-malia-obama-and-courtenay-valenti/

[Correction! Courtenay Valenti was born three weeks before 11/22/63 according to Jack Valenti in his book This Time, This Place. So the 6/1/62 wedding was not a shotgun wedding. However, it was likely a wedding to Jack Valenti to act as a "beard" for Mary Margaret so she could still see (have sex with) LBJ. Author Ron Kessler, using Secret Service sources, says that LBJ was having sex with 5 of his 8 secretaries.]

This is Courtenay Valenti, the daughter of Lyndon Johnson and Mary Margaret Wiley, one of LBJ's secretaries. She is an Executive Vice President of Production at Warner Brothers, the studio that is producing Legacy of Secrecy.

Courtenay Valenti's Linked profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/courtenay-valenti/4/96/93b

Jack Valenti married Mary Margaret on June 1, 1962. You really ought to see the uncomfortable wedding photo of Lady Bird, LBJ, Mary Margaret, and Jack Valenti in Jack Valenti's book This Time, This Place on p. 276.

Both Billie Sol Estes and Madeleine Duncan Brown used to say that LBJ had to arrange a shotgun wedding for one of his secretaries who he got pregnant. Apparently, there were referring to the Valenti/Mary Margaret wedding - but Courtenay Valenti was not born until early November, 1963 - which would mean a conception time around Feb, 1963.

This is the same time period (1962 or so) LBJ got Madeleine to get in her fake marriage. Read Traphes Bryant's book Dog Days at the White House and you will be convinced that Courtenay Valenti was indeed Lyndon Johnson's "little heartbeat" in the White House (as LBJ used to call her). [bryant misspells her name as Courtney in his book.]

In one of Ron Kessler's books, he relays the stories (from the Secret Service) that one of LBJ's aides used to give his wife the green light to come into the White House to have sex with Lyndon Johnson. After reading Traphes Bryant's book, it is clear to me that it was Mary Margaret Valenti who was coming into the White House to have sex with Lyndon Johnson.

I think it is a perfect example of just how degraded Jack Valenti was and how much he was a slave to Lyndon Johnson. Jack Valenti was the one organizing all the CFR/CIA media attacks on Oliver Stone's JFK in 1991-92. Valenti, along with Bill Moyers, were the ones who got the Men Who Killed Kennedy, The Guilty Men banned from the History Channel in 2004 after only 2 showings.

It is also important to note that in his book This Time, This Place, Valenti notes that Mary Margaret Wiley was in Lyndon Johnson's hotel suite 7/13/60-7/14/60 when all the blackmailing and threats of LBJ/Sam Rayburn on Kennedy were occurring. I don't know if Mary Margaret was physically present for those conversations, but knowing LBJ I would guess that Mary Margaret was Lyndon Johnson's "girlfriend" for the 1960 Democratic convention, if you know what I mean...

Mary Margaret being the mother of Courtenay Valenti 2 years later in 1963. Courtenay being the biological daughter of VP then President Lyndon Johnson.

http://actyourage09.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/girls-in-the-white-house-malia-obama-and-courtenay-valenti/

Dog Days at the White House: The Outrageous Memoirs of the Presidential Kennel Keeper by Traphes Bryant on Lyndon Johnson, Courtenay Valenti, Jack Valenti, Mary Margaret Valenti

“Courtney was the most special child to come to the White House. She absolutely ruled the President and could make him “fetch and carry”any time she wanted to. The President gave special orders to be informed any time she came to see her daddy, LBJ’s special assistant, which was often.

Courtney’s mother, Mary Margaret, started out as LBJ’s receptionist in his Texas office when he was U.S. senator and then came to Washington as his personal secretary. She was the real beauty of the LBJ gang, and when she came to visit the White House, she rated extra kisses and a real fuss was made over her by the President. The President liked to relax in his office just sitting around talking to Mary Margaret.

Everyone was amazed when Mary Margaret – who was Mary Margaret Wiley – suddenly married Jack Valenti. Except those who say LBJ engineered the marriage. Maybe he wanted to keep her in the family. To him, Mary Margaret and Courtney were a family.

Time and time again LBJ would tell me to look out for Courtney. To be good to Courtney. To protect Courtney. To keep Blanco away from Courtney. Once he said, “You let anything happen to Courtney and I’ll hang your hide on the barn door.” In other words, the President liked that child.”

[Traphes Bryant, Dog Days at the White House: The Outrageous Memoirs of the presidential Kennel Keeper, 123-124]

“And I read in the newspapers that when LBJ died, with something like $25 million in his estate, he left his brother only a token gift - $25,000.

That is only a little more than he left Mary Margaret Valenti, mother of his beloved little Courtney, or that he left his trusted secretary Mary Rather.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 132]

The President held up Valenti’s little girl, Courtney, and told her, “Look honey, here comes Bryant, Blanco and Him.” She wanted to play with the dogs. She led Blanco on a leash while I kept an eye on him. I made Blanco sit, and she petted Him. Then she hugged Blanco and called him “Blink.” Her Daddy pointed to the beagle and she said, “Him.” Valenti then pointed to the President and Courtney said, “Prez.” LBJ beamed ear to ear and kissed her nose.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 142]

“As I was taking the pups into the Bouquet Room, President Johnson stopped and petted the pups. I told the President Courtney was playing with the pups but she had just left. The President was furious. “Why didn’t they let me know Courtney was here?”

He was really upset. “Damn it, I am supposed to be notified.” The President loved Courtney just as much as his own Luci and Lynda Bird – he once called her, “my little girl, my little heartbeat” – and certainly spent more time with her when she was around than with his big, busy daughters.

On almost any excuse, the President had Valenti or his wife bring Courtney to the White House and the President thoroughly relaxed as he played with the child, catering to her every whim.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 155]

On 2/23/1966: The President greeted the Veep. Valenti’s secretary told Courtney to go see Daddy, who was on the helicopter. Courtney didn’t see her daddy as she ran toward the President, who lifted her up.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 157]

3/2/1966: Courtney and her pups had their picture made. The President never gets tired of posing with Courtney. I told Mrs. Valenti that I wanted a picture of Courtney, the President, and pups. She said she would get me one.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 158]

4/1/1966 The Prez came out of his office and played with Courtney. Then he took her back in. One of the pups gave her a kiss; she wiped it off her coat. The President gave the dogs some dog candy in his office. Courtney got jealous, closed the candy drawer on the President’s desk, and said, “That’s all.” She didn’t want the pups getting the Prez’s attention.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 159]

Toward the end of Luci’s [wedding] reception the President got a little wistful because it was almost time for his daughter to leave on her honeymoon. The Prez stood with a bemused look on his face on the Truman Balcony, with little Courtney in his arms, surveying the mob below.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 169]

8/15/1966 The Prez returned from Texas. He held Courtney at the window while they were landing so she could see Blanco and Beagle. The President carried her off the helicopter.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 170]

3/12/67 Now the dogs have two doghouses with electric heat and a floodlight. The Prez showed it all to little Courtney. Courtney liked it. LBJ liked it.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 179]

I realized I was stuck with Blanco and that I would have to protect everyone from the dog, especially Lyndon’s beloved Courtney. Luckily, little Courtney somehow had gotten through to Blanco, and she was about the only one besides Luci who could lead him around by the nose. I think Blanco liked Courtney almost as much as the President did. But I still watched the two pretty carefully as they romped about, remembering Lyndon’s warning that if anything happened to that little girl, he’d have my hide on the barn door. He would have, too.

[Dog Days at the White House, p. 187-188]

http://www.ctka.net/Dicaprio_Waldron.html

DiCaprio Buys Waldron—In More Ways Than One

By Jim DiEugenio

Just when one thought Hollywood could not get any worse on the JFK case, on November 19th a rather depressing announcement was made. Leonardo DiCaprio has purchased the rights to the lengthy book by Thom Hartmann and Lamar Waldron, Legacy of Secrecy. DiCaprio purchased the rights through his production entity, Appian Way, which has a production deal with Warner Brothers. In the story announcing this discouraging news, it was revealed that DiCaprio’s father George brought the book to his son’s attention. One wonders how much reading George has done in the field.

The story also announced that Warners is trying for a 2013 release of the film, which is also rumored to be the release date of the Tom Hanks/Gary Goetzman mini-series made from Vincent Bugliosi’s even longer tome, Reclaiming History. Pity the country that has to be whipsawed between two works of fiction like this at the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy’s death.

As most readers of the CTKA site know, and most serious people on this case realize, Hartmann and Waldron spent nearly two thousand pages discussing declassified documents that they either misread or misrepresented. Their two books are based upon contingency plans, which President Kennedy never took seriously, about an invasion of Cuba. And these plans are clearly marked as such. Further, in their first book, Ultimate Sacrifice, their alleged coup plotter, the man who would lead the revolt against Fidel Castro, was clearly implied as being Che Guevara. Which was ridiculous on its face. Eventually, they switched to Juan Almeida. But they were humiliated once again when Malcolm Blunt and Ed Sherry discovered NSA intercepts revealing that Almeida was on his way to Africa at the time of the coup! This literally took the heart out of their fantastic C-Day plot. As did the fact that it was later revealed that no one in any high position in the military or intelligence community knew of the coming invasion—which was to be by flotillas of Cuban exiles supplemented by both the CIA and the Pentagon. National Security Adviser McGeorge Bundy did not know. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara did not know. And CIA Director of Plans Richard Helms did not know.

So here you had a US sponsored coup in Cuba which no one in the American military–intelligence community knew of, and apparently neither did the designated coup leader, who was flying across the Atlantic on his way to a different continent at the time.

Even though their first book on this subject, Ultimate Sacrifice, was roundly criticized from many quarters—David Talbot, Bill Kelly, and myself to name just three—the authors managed to get published a sort of sequel. This book, Legacy of Secrecy, again discussed this mythological coup in Cuba and the JFK assassination, but also extended the authors’ discussion of assassinations to RFK and Martin Luther King. In each case, Waldron and Hartmann proffered a Mob based scenario. In the JFK case, although the authors were not in the “Oswald did it alone” camp, they concluded the Mafia killed President Kennedy, but this time Bernard Barker was the assassin at the request of Carlos Marcello. As Bill Davy noted, there was next to no evidence for Barker being on the grassy knoll. In the latter two cases, they strongly implied that the official scapegoats—James Earl Ray and Sirhan Sirhan—were triggermen for the Mafia.

The evidence Waldron and Hartmann offered up for Marcello being the mastermind behind the assassination was mildewed stuff they tried to present as new. In fact, legendary archives researcher Peter Vea sent this author copies of the documents (codenamed CAMTEX) a full decade before Waldron and Hartmann “discovered” them and trumpeted them as new. Contained in those pages is what was termed in Legacy of Secrecy a “confession” to the JFK assassination by Marcello while the Mafioso was in prison in Texas. Let me quote from my review of the book:

“When Peter sent me the documents, he titled his background work on them as "The Crazy Last Days of Carlos Marcello." Peter had done some work on Marcello's health while being incarcerated. Between that, and the reports that came out at the time of his 1993 death, Peter and I concluded that at the time of the CAMTEX documents Marcello was suffering from the onset of Alzheimer's disease. Today, the accepted gestation period for the disease is about seven years. There is little doubt that by 1988-89 Marcello's Alzheimer's was in full and raging bloom. It was also at this time Marcello's general health was beginning to collapse through a series of strokes. Marcello's talks with the jailhouse informant who is one of the sources for the CAMTEX documents begins in 1985. Doing the arithmetic you will see that Marcello's Alzheimer's was very likely well along by then. Additionally, when told about the jailhouse informant's accusation that he had Kennedy killed, Marcello himself replied that this was ‘crazy talk.’ And in fact it is.

“The CAMTEX documents actually have Marcello meeting with Oswald in person and in public at Marcello’s brother's restaurant. But that's nothing. According to CAMTEX, Marcello set up Ruby's bar business and Ruby would come to Marcello's estate to report to him! And so after being seen in public with both the main participants, the chief mobster has the first one kill Kennedy and the second kill Oswald. Yet, the authors are so intent on getting the CAMTEX documents out there that they don't note that these contradict their own conclusion written elsewhere in the same book. Namely that Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy.”

So, in other words, it appears that DiCaprio did about as much background study of these two books and these two writers as Hanks and Goetzman did on Reclaiming History. And what amplifies that is that it appears that DiCaprio will play Jack Van Laningham, the prison inmate who allegedly talked to Marcello. I wonder if DiCaprio will acknowledge he was listening to a man who was in the advanced stages of a mentally debilitating disease, the same one that forced Nancy Reagan to hide her husband from the rest of the world for fear of embarrassment.

There is a lot of blame to go around is this sorry affair, which once again reveals just how shallow, vapid, and egocentric the Hollywood movie scene has become. And Discovery Channel is high on the list. For they featured Waldron and Van Laningham on its sorry show, Did the Mob Kill JFK? And the History Channel did a documentary on the previous book Ultimate Sacrifice. So whereas, Hartmann and Waldron have been severely discredited within the research community, the cable television crowd has sold them to the general public as credible historians, which they are anything but.

And now, Leonardo DiCaprio and his father have signed on to the imaginary coup, and the incapacitated “confession.”

We urge everyone to write or fax DiCaprio at his Appian Way office:

Leonardo DiCaprio

Appian Way Productions

9255 Sunset Blvd, Suite 615

West Hollywood CA 90069

Fax: 310-300-1388

Here are sources to educate Leo with:

http://ctka.net/reviews/mob_jfk.html

http://ctka.net/reviews/ultimate.html

http://ctka.net/reviews/legacy_secrecy.html

http://www.ctka.net/reviews/waldron_updated.html

http://www.ctka.net/2009/legacy_update.html

Everyone get on this one, right away. After fifty years, the American people deserve better than a phony Mob did it scenario about JFK’s death. Especially with the release of 2 million pages of declassified documents that reveal what actually happened to him.

Edited by Robert Morrow