The Education Forum

European Championship 2008

Mark Stapleton

Not far away now.

Most commentators are tipping Italy, France or Germany. I read one a few months ago predicting Greece might win again. I'm fairly sure England won't win :lol:

It is true that England was knocked out of the European Cup but we had three of the four sides in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Not far away now.

Most commentators are tipping Italy, France or Germany. I read one a few months ago predicting Greece might win again. I'm fairly sure England won't win :lol:

It is true that England was knocked out of the European Cup but we had three of the four sides in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Hmm...is that a selection, John, or a thinly disguised attempt at thread hijacking :lol: .

Guest Gary Loughran
Not far away now.

I think France will win, even without Zidane.

I'll take Germany thanks.

Not far away now.

Hmm...is that a selection, John, or a thinly disguised attempt at thread hijacking :lol: .

France.

Holland are also a strong chance to win. I'm surprised they are such longshots.

The last Euro held in Germany was won by Holland (1988) and current coach van Basten scored a goal in that game.

Arjen Robben holds the key to their chances. Martin Jol has claimed he is the best Dutch player since Cruyff

http://www.a2bworldcup.com/arjen_robben.html

8 goals in 31 caps is a pretty good strike rate for a midfielder/winger and he has 50 career goals overall.

They've drawn the group of death with Italy and France, but if they catch one of those teams on an off day they could go through and would benefit from the experience, imo.