The Education Forum

Dimitar Berbatov to sign for Manchester City

John Simkin

I like this story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/7592272.stm

Manchester City have made a bid in excess of £30m to sign Spurs' Dimitar Berbatov from under the noses of rivals United, BBC Sport understands.

The striker has been linked with Manchester United all summer, but the Red Devils have been reluctant to pay Tottenham's asking price.

But City's new owners Abu Dhabi United Group have wasted no time in moving for the 27-year-old Bulgarian.

City are also eyeing Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

Manager Mark Hughes said he expects to meet with Berbatov on Monday.

Hughes admitted the turnaround in the club's fortunes has surprised both himself and the fans.

"I'm stunned and excited," he told Sky Sports. "Me and them both are very excited by what's going on.

"There have been a lot of disruptions and negative publicity but that's been put to the side in one fell swoop."

If this goes through Spurs will have struck a terrible blow against Ferguson and Berbatov.

Guest Stephen Turner
I like this story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/7592272.stm

Manchester City have made a bid in excess of £30m to sign Spurs' Dimitar Berbatov from under the noses of rivals United, BBC Sport understands.

The striker has been linked with Manchester United all summer, but the Red Devils have been reluctant to pay Tottenham's asking price.

But City's new owners Abu Dhabi United Group have wasted no time in moving for the 27-year-old Bulgarian.

City are also eyeing Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

Manager Mark Hughes said he expects to meet with Berbatov on Monday.

Hughes admitted the turnaround in the club's fortunes has surprised both himself and the fans.

"I'm stunned and excited," he told Sky Sports. "Me and them both are very excited by what's going on.

"There have been a lot of disruptions and negative publicity but that's been put to the side in one fell swoop."

If this goes through Spurs will have struck a terrible blow against Ferguson and Berbatov.

Well, we got him in the end, but THIRTY MILLION POUNDS!! overpriced by some way. So Man City are the latest rich mans plaything, shame, but as I have said on this board before, Football will eat itself.