The Education Forum

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: "Deja vu"

John Simkin

I watched "Deja vu" last night. The film documented the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young 2006 Freedom of Speech tour. I urge everyone to see this film as it shows that the connection between the 1960s anti-Vietnam War movement and the current campaign to bring back the troops from Iraq. Neil Young can still write good songs:

Let's Impeach The President

Shock and Awe

Living With War

I watched "Deja vu" last night. The film documented the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young 2006 Freedom of Speech tour. I urge everyone to see this film as it shows that the connection between the 1960s anti-Vietnam War movement and the current campaign to bring back the troops from Iraq. Neil Young can still write good songs:

Let's Impeach The President

Shock and Awe

Living With War

Great songs by a great artist. One of the few who still has the guts to directly confront political situations.

The video for "Let's Impeach The President" is a must see.

Lets impeach the president for lying

And leading our country into war

Abusing all the power that we gave him

And shipping all our money out the door

Wise, insightful words. Can we throw Tony BLiar in there as well?

"Ordinary People" is a 1988 Young song that wasn't released until "Chrome Dreams II" late last year.

It resonates just as much now as it did back then, reflecting on a decaying economy and society, that will

be survived, or even cured, by hard-working, everyday people. Weighs in at an ear-shattering 18 minutes. Only Neil Young

could get away with that, and still find room for a 14 minute song ("No Hidden Path") on the same album.

Neil Young for President! I don't care if he's Canadian!