The Education Forum

Advice

Last night, to my surprise, I discovered there was a paperback book (I believe self-published) called "Karyn Kupcinet for $55. marked down from $60. It goes on to say that the material was gathered basically from writings on the internet about her. No interviews, no nothing new.

When I first got the Internet in NJ, I couldn't find anything about her on the Internet. Today there's a lot about her. Some years ago I discovered a website with word for word copying of my old blog. I wrote to the person and said I recognized my writing and could you at least give me credit. I never got an answer and I doubt that website still exists. I never come across it.

Then there's another website, "The Ticking Clock," in which I told that goof that some of what he was saying about Karyn were out and out lies. He sent me several silly replies and I just gave up. I'm just worried I'm going to find my own writing and research with no credit to me. What would you do in my position? I'm not asking for money, but if I wrote it my name should be on it.

I have put this here because some people (like myself) feel that there's a tie-in with the Kennedy Assassination. I put this here as where else would I have such an audience. It may have been a shock crime for Chicago's sake; something to get Ruby off the news. Also I think Tippit was supposed to murder Harvey, but Lee came along and killed Tippit. Unfortunately for the mob, they had to get Ruby to silence Oswald.

To me it was either a tie-in with the assassination or Karyn's downstairs neighbor, drunken David Lange, killed her. She was going to be in "The Nutty Professor" with Jerry Lewis. The last time I looked on youtube they have a rehearsal with Jerry on the piano. Karyn is the short one, dark hair and dress, who puts her head down toward the piano when Jerry makes a gaff.

post-5645-072378200 1313898556_thumb.jpg

Last night, to my surprise, I discovered there was a paperback book (I believe self-published) called "Karyn Kupcinet for $55. marked down from $60. It goes on to say that the material was gathered basically from writings on the internet about her. No interviews, no nothing new.

When I first got the Internet in NJ, I couldn't find anything about her on the Internet. Today there's a lot about her. Some years ago I discovered a website with word for word copying of my old blog. I wrote to the person and said I recognized my writing and could you at least give me credit. I never got an answer and I doubt that website still exists. I never come across it.

Then there's another website, "The Ticking Clock," in which I told that goof that some of what he was saying about Karyn were out and out lies. He sent me several silly replies and I just gave up. I'm just worried I'm going to find my own writing and research with no credit to me. What would you do in my position? I'm not asking for money, but if I wrote it my name should be on it.

I have put this here because some people (like myself) feel that there's a tie-in with the Kennedy Assassination. I put this here as where else would I have such an audience. It may have been a shock crime for Chicago's sake; something to get Ruby off the news. Also I think Tippit was supposed to murder Harvey, but Lee came along and killed Tippit. Unfortunately for the mob, they had to get Ruby to silence Oswald.

To me it was either a tie-in with the assassination or Karyn's downstairs neighbor, drunken David Lange, killed her. She was going to be in "The Nutty Professor" with Jerry Lewis. The last time I looked on youtube they have a rehearsal with Jerry on the piano. Karyn is the short one, dark hair and dress, who puts her head down toward the piano when Jerry makes a gaff.

Kathy,

At least 2 authors have used material I've posted here for their books without permission - but with credit - albeit in one case, as a belated re-edit. Others have either been given the material by me, or written and asked permission to use it.

Frankly, I'm not that fussed. In the end, you have to put ego aside and be content that the material is reaching an audience, even if that audience is not always made aware of the true source of it.

That is why I have been badgering a certain author here to drop the WC myths about what happened in the TSBD and how Oswald traveled. I'd rather see him publish the facts, rather than the myth, even knowing he would probably not give credit.

In your particular case, if the author has used sources entirely from the web and not given any citations at all on anything, his/her book will simply not be taken seriously.

WHat is the evidence that her death was in any way connected to JFK?

I have heard of this phone call, but how do we know it was her, and what is the evidence that it was related to JFK?

Jim, if you're referring to the Oxnard call, it was certainly NOT KK.

WHat is the evidence that her death was in any way connected to JFK?

I have heard of this phone call, but how do we know it was her, and what is the evidence that it was related to JFK?

Karyn Kupcinet's story began when she was found dead on Nov.30. It went unsolved and the timing of it is suspicious. She died 3 days after LHO. She died Nov. 28, 1963. The coroner was a drunk and had a fetish for strangled women. He was fired for this. They exhumed the bodies of 2 women, who were found not to have been strangled. The coroner also said, "At least I didn't break the hyoid bone on that one." Karyn was said to have a broken hyoid bone in the throat. She was very decomposed. There was no toxicology for that reason.

Karyn was popular and well known in Chicago. She was the daughter of Irv Kupcinet, the most beloved man in Chicago. Karyn or "Cookie" as they liked to call her, had appeared onstage many times.

Penn Jones Jr made a terrible mistake saying Karyn made the Oxnard call, from LA. One morning someone got on the circuits of the phone company and was saying weird things. When the operator tried to talk to her, she replied, "I'm just using the phone." Then she'd go back and say incantations that Wash DC buildings would be filled with fires and that President Kennedy was going to die at 10:10 PT. The motorcade was late due to all the crowds. At 12:30 CT President Kennedy was shot and killed.

Greg Parker said the woman on the phone was performing an occult ritual, used by many Rosicrucians, called Radionics; where they use an electronic device (in this case a phone) to reach their goals. Sirhan Sirhan was also a Rosicrucian. The call came from an Oxnard legal office. LA wasn't involved, nor was Karyn. I believe there's a chance that she was hit as a way to shock all Chicago and get Ruby off the news. I'm under the impression the Mob didn't want anything to do with Kennedy's death. They didn't cause it, but they may have sent a hit man to her house. Either that or her downstairs drunken neighbor, David Lange, an alcoholic and a gofer, did it.

What killed her? Possibly smothered or strangled. She had a prescription for Desoxyn, a potent methamphetamine. She also took thyroid extract, as had anorexic Karen Carpenter. It is illegal. I don't know where they get this stuff. But it could cause heart attacks and crazy behavior and hallucinations. The bottle was dated 2 days before, but there was nothing in the bottle -- 100 pills?

Had she accidently overdosed or did she commit suicide? But one thing is certain. She had nothing to do with the Oxnard call.

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins

Kathy,

At least 2 authors have used material I've posted here for their books without permission - but with credit - albeit in one case, as a belated re-edit. Others have either been given the material by me, or written and asked permission to use it.

Frankly, I'm not that fussed. In the end, you have to put ego aside and be content that the material is reaching an audience, even if that audience is not always made aware of the true source of it.

That is why I have been badgering a certain author here to drop the WC myths about what happened in the TSBD and how Oswald traveled. I'd rather see him publish the facts, rather than the myth, even knowing he would probably not give credit.

In your particular case, if the author has used sources entirely from the web and not given any citations at all on anything, his/her book will simply not be taken seriously.

I guess I over-reacted. Usually, if I find something wrong about her story, it drives me nuts. I was the one who got her name on the Internet so I feel responsible. I think someone on "MY Space" has a page dedicated to her! I was the one who mistakenly said she acted under the name of Tammy Windsor. Windsor turned out to be a different actress who was credited on Hawaiian Eye, but Karyn wasn't. The IMDB made the same mistake. So I wrote about her "name change." But I was wrong (as was IMDB). Now it's all over the place that she used the name Tammy Windsor and was in A Little Shop of Horrors. She never used the name and wasn't in that movie. Tammy Windsor, a different actress, was in the movie, playing a high school girl.

There are people who say she was involved with Bobby Baker and was one of his call girls, that she went to school with Mary Jo Kopechne -- these are falsehoods. I traced both of these allegations and they are lies.

Thanks for your support, Greg Parker.

Kathy C

Kathy,

At least 2 authors have used material I've posted here for their books without permission

Greg, this is exactly why the people I'm working with have argued that I should not say or post anything until the release of my book, my co-author is now working on getting all of my father's phone book pages and letter copyrighted. So no one can use them, I don't blame them for getting mad at me. And I don't want them to think that I can do what ever I want because its my father we're writing about. This story effects quite a few people who are working on this project, and well, I don't want to blow it for them. I think its because I'm so eager in wanting to get this information out, that I want everyone to know what it is I have. And that sometimes bothers me, because I'm not releasing this information soon enough. I know I have to hold back, but at the same time I don't want to, if that makes any sense.

SK

Kathy,

At least 2 authors have used material I've posted here for their books without permission

Greg, this is exactly why the people I'm working with have argued that I should not say or post anything until the release of my book, my co-author is now working on getting all of my father's phone book pages and letter copyrighted. So no one can use them, I don't blame them for getting mad at me. And I don't want them to think that I can do what ever I want because its my father we're writing about. This story effects quite a few people who are working on this project, and well, I don't want to blow it for them. I think its because I'm so eager in wanting to get this information out, that I want everyone to know what it is I have. And that sometimes bothers me, because I'm not releasing this information soon enough. I know I have to hold back, but at the same time I don't want to, if that makes any sense.

SK

Hi, Scott. I don't know if I ever heard of you before. What is the project you're working on and who are the people who are helping you?

Kathy C (In the dark)

oops. I just read the thread about your father. Somehow, in my drowsy state I thought you were looking into the dead witnesses.

Edited by Kathleen Collins