The Education Forum

Tony Bennett claims Bush admitted Iraq War was mistake

Douglas Caddy

Poster's note: If this is an apology, it is artfully done and does not appear explicitly to repudiate his earlier comments. He is still a real patriot in my opinion.

---------------------------

Tony Bennett apologizes for 9/11 comments

www.rawstory.com

By Andrew Jones

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 -- 10:51 am 0

The next time Tony Bennett performs his song "This is All I Ask," requesting that an apology be accepted for his comments on 9/11 maybe included.

The 85-year-old singer apologized for his comments made on Howard Stern's Sirius XM radio show Monday evening after the host asked him how he would deal with terrorists.

"Who are the terrorists? Are we the terrorists, or are they the terrorists? Two wrongs don't make a right," Bennett said. "They flew the plane in, but we caused it. We were bombing them, and they told us to stop."

On his Facebook page Tuesday afternoon, Bennett issued a statement of penitence.

"There is simply no excuse for terrorism and the murder of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks on our country," he wrote. "I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world."

"9/11 Families for a Secure America Foundation" director Ed Kowalski, told Newsday, "Tony should stick to singing songs rather than making an unintelligent statement about U.S. foreign policy."

Republican presidential candidate and Texas congressman Ron Paul has expressed a similar opinion virtually ever time he's asked about the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. "Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda have been explicit, and they wrote and said that we attacked because you had bases on our holy lands in Saudi Arabia, you do not give Palestinians a fair treatment," he told a Republican debate audience earlier this month.