The Education Forum

Ray Marcus

John Simkin

Has anyone got any information on Ray Marcus? In the weeks following the assassination he did as much as anyone to argue that Lee Harvey Oswald was not a lone gunman. There is some information in John Kelin's excellent book, Praise from a Future Generation (2007). He says he was born in Los Angeles. I was recently reading Bernard Gordon's autobiography, Hollywood Exile (1999). He was blacklisted from Hollywood because of his left-wing views and got a job as a salesman with a small factory in Los Angeles manufacturing vinyl plastic items for household use. He said that the company was owned by a friend Ray Marcus: "Ray hired me for $50 a week as a salesman, needing sales to build his business and to help me deal with unemployment. Unfortunately, the marriage of true need and good intentions was less than successful. I was surely one of the world's worst salesmen. I drove around to the scattered department and notions stores in the vast Los Angeles area and tried to persuade the owners or buyers that they needed Ray's plastic merchandise."

I wonder if this is the same Ray Marcus? Later, Gordon used Ray as a "front" for his Hollywood script, 55 Days at Peking (1963).

After reading about Ray Marcus' political background, I am convinced he is the same "Raymond Marcus" that the blacklisted Bernard Gordon used as a "front".

http://www.spartacus.../JFKmarcusR.htm

FWIW: Ray Marcus lives within five minutes of where I am located in West Los Angeles, and we have stayed in touch over these many years. Every week or two, he drops by with certain magazines which he has finished reading, and puts them through a slot in my mailbox. We speak on the phone every so often. I would be glad to ask him about the matter you have raised.

DSL

11/21/12; 2:45 AM PST

Los Angeles, California

After reading about Ray Marcus' political background, I am convinced he is the same "Raymond Marcus" that the blacklisted Bernard Gordon used as a "front".

http://www.spartacus.../JFKmarcusR.htm

FWIW: Ray Marcus lives within five minutes of where I am located in West Los Angeles, and we have stayed in touch over these many years. Every week or two, he drops by with certain magazines which he has finished reading, and puts them through a slot in my mailbox. We speak on the phone every so often. I would be glad to ask him about the matter you have raised.

DSL

11/21/12; 2:45 AM PST

Los Angeles, California

Have you an email address for him? I would very much like to produce a detailed page on my website for him. It is important that we do not forget the important role that early researchers made to the investigation. In John Kelin's book, Praise from a Future Generation, Ray says his political hero at the time was I.F. Stone. Can you ask him why he thinks Stone was such a supporter of the Warren Report?