The Education Forum

Is SDNY'S criminal investigation of Trump Inaugural Committee targeting Dow Chemical Company's $1 million donation as bribe to have its chemicals approved without government review?

Douglas Caddy

DOUGLAS CADDY

ATTORNEY-AT-LAW 

7941 Katy Freeway 

Houston, Texas 77024

713-867-3476

Email: douglascaddy@justice.com

dougcaddy@aol.com

December 26, 2020

U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss

Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York

One St. Andrews Plaza

New York, N.Y. 10007

Dear U.S. Attorney Strauss:

Letter sent by Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested

Re: Dow Chemical Company’s $1 million donation in December 2016 to

Trump’s Inaugural Committee now under criminal investigation due to

the Trump Administration’s fast approval in April 2017 of Dow’s dangerous

pesticide, Chlorpyrifos, and its subsequent approval of a group of Dow

pesticides harmful to endangered species and its approval other Dow

harmful chemicals in the four years that Trump has been president

As a member of the Texas Dow Employees Credit Union ( TDECU member 8066886) I am writing to urge you to investigate  the $1 million donation by Dow Chemical Company to the Trump Inaugural Committee in December 2016 and any subsequent Dow Chemical Company donations that may have been essentially bribes or quid pro quos to various Trump entities, overt and hidden, that paved the way for Dow Chemical to get its chemicals approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other government agencies without any screening by government scientific experts.

There have been numerous media reports about Dow Chemicals’ activities in this regard. For example thinkprogress.org on April 20, 2017 published “Dow Chemical gave $1 million to Trump’s Inauguration, now wants pesticide study buried. The chemical manufacturer also pushed for a potentially dangerous insecticide not to be banned.”

The article continued, “Andrew Liveris, president and CEO of Dow Chemical Company, is quite pleased with the new atmosphere in the White House. Liveris, who also heads Trump’s American Business Council, has praised the president’s business sense and cheered the administration’s regulatory rollback, saying Trump and his team have ‘managed to move the ball in 45 days on regulatory reform more than in the previous eight years.’

Page 2 of 6 pages

“Dow chemical also joined several other major corporations in ponying up for Trump’s inauguration – giving $1 million to the organizing committee. Donors at that level ‘received tickets to a luncheon with Cabinet appointees and congressional leaders,’ CNBC reported.

“Two months later, Trump’s head of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Scott Pruitt, announced that he would not follow the recommendation of the agency’s own scientists to ban the use of Chlorpyrifos, an insecticide that has been linked to severe health consequences, particularly in children and farmworkers.

“Chlorpyrifos is manufactured by Dow AgroScience, a division of Dow Chemical. Dow has argued against a ban, claiming the science regarding potential health impacts to be inconclusive. In announcing his decision to reject the ban, Pruitt said his agency was ‘returning to using sound science in decision making – rather than predetermined results.’”

“Since then Dow has already moved to its next request. Last week, lawyers representing Dow sent letters to three of Trump’s cabinet heads asking them to ignore government studies regarding the harmful effects of a group of pesticides on endangered species, according to an Associated Press exclusive published Thursday.

“’Over the past four years, government scientists have compiled an official record running more than 10,000 pages indicating the three pesticides under review – chlorpyrifos, diazinon and malathion – pose a public risk to nearly every endangered species they studied,’” the AP reported. Regulators at the three federal agencies, which share responsibilities for enforcing the Endangered Species Act, are close to issuing findings expected to result in new limits on how and where the highly toxic pesticides can be used.

“As with its fight against the potential impacts of chlorpyrifos, Dow sought to cast doubt on the scientific findings regarding the threat of its pesticides to endangered species. For years, environmental groups have pressured the EPA to more closely scrutinize the harmful effects of pesticides on humans and endangered species.”

I became a member of TDECU on March 31, 2016, when I purchased a KIA Soul from Freddy KIA auto dealer in Houston. At the closing on the purchase Fredy KIA informed me that the six year financing on my new automobile would be through TDECU. I was startled at this news because I had always associated Dow Chemical with its Agent Orange used in the Viet Nam War that has killed and maimed millions of people with its residual affects still being suffered by the Vietnamese people and well as many American veterans of that war. Dow’s Agent Orange is listed at the #1 most deadly chemical in warfare and Dow as a Merchant of Death profited handsomely from it. However, because four years previously I had purchased a KIA Soul from Fredy KIA and was quite pleased with the vehicle and its maintenance by the dealership, I reluctantly acceded to its decision on the financing with TDECU. So for the past four and a half years I have made regular monthly payments to TEDCU that holds title to my car and still have 18 months to make payments before the vehicle is owned by me. My most recent monthly payment on the auto loan was a few days ago on December 23, 2020.

In August 2020 TDECU that has assets of about $3 billion invited its members to apply for loans. I applied for a $1500 loan. The credit union denied my application because “Does Not Meet Minimum

Page 3 of 6 pages

Credit Requirements.” I do not dispute right on the credit union to deny any loan. That is its prerogative. However, I was puzzled because my income in 2020 was the same as it was in 2016 when I purchased my second KIA at which time TDECU agreed to finance the loan on my new car in the amount of $19,850. But TDECU went further than denying me the $1500 on my loan application. It took steps to circulate nationwide to the financial industry its contention I that had failed to “Meet Minimum Credit Requirements.” As a result I immediately found that my credit worthiness was drastically impaired. Whenever I would use my credit cards that I had utilized for decades, such as CITI Bank and Chevron, I first had to affirm that I was the rightful card owner and not attempting fraud.  

TDECU made its decision unilaterally without ever contacting me to discuss the matter. To me this was a denial of due process that is the right of a citizen to enjoy equal and fair treatment in legal matters. I should point out that I have been a licensed attorney for 50 years, first being admitted to the District of Columbia Bar in 1970 and later to the Texas Bar in 1979. During these five decades I never had an attorney disciplinary complaint filed against me. But TDECU decided to attempt to destroy my personal and professional reputation at my age of 82. This is also an explicit case by TDECU of elderly financial abuse.

I was puzzled by TDECU actions against me and after investigatory research discovered that it stems from something I did in December 2016, the same month that Dow Chemical Company made its $1 million “donation” to the Trump Inaugural Committee. What I did was to write a letter to FBI Director James Comey on December 10, 2016 about first hand information I possessed concerning Roger Stone’s activities enlisting Russia to help Trump get elected president. After Trump fired FBI Director Comey I wrote to Special Counsel Robert Mueller on June 27, 2017, about Roger Stone’s activities with additional information that I had discovered. Roger Stone was subsequently convicted in federal court on seven criminal counts and sentenced to prison. President Trump pardoned Stone last week on December 23, 2020.

Here is the letter I sent to Special Counsel Mueller on my attorney letterhead:

June 27, 2017

Special Counsel Robert Mueller

c/o WilmerHale (requested to forward this letter to you)

1875 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20006

Re: Roger Stone and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election

Dear Special Counsel Mueller:

On December 10, 2016, I sent the enclosed letter with its email attachments to FBI Director James Comey about the above referenced matter. I never heard back from him and hence I am writing you. My motivation in doing so is because I fear that our democracy was severely endangered by Russian

Page 4 of 6 pages

influence in the 2016 presidential election.  Alarmingly, this Russian threat is unabated. The continued existence of the United States as a free nation is at stake.

Here is a brief summary of my letter to Director Comey: In January 2016 Harley Schlanger of the LaRouche organization contacted me to request that I set up a meeting for him with Roger Stone of the Trump Campaign. Their meeting was held in Austin, Texas, in February 2016. I was unable to attend but my impression is that as a result of that meeting the LaRouche organization agreed to use its extensive Russian contacts to open up a back channel for the Trump campaign to communicate directly with Russian intelligence.

Since writing my December 10 letter to Director Comey I have uncovered the following information that may corroborate the contents of that letter:

A month before Schlanger contacted me to set up the meeting with Stone, a LaRouche delegation sympathetic to Russia attended the RT anniversary dinner in Moscow in December 2015 where Premier Putin was seated next to General Flynn. For confirmation see the bottom of page 15 and top of page 16 of the famous Christopher Steele British Dossier. Schlanger may have been among those who attended. There are essentially five persons who lead the LaRouche organization today: Lyndon LaRouche (age 94), his wife, Helga, Jeffrey Steinberg, Harley Schlanger and Anton Chaitkin.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

Jeffrey Steinberg participated in an annual Economic Conference in Moscow in March 2016.

https://larouchepac.com/20160328/eir-participates-moscow-economic-forum

In November 2016, Roger Stone interviewed Lyndon LaRouche on his radio program.

https://larouchepac.com/20161121/lyndon-larouche-radio-interview-roger-stone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBx6uHA05gg

I am writing you because you possess the investigative power and authority to determine if any of the information provided in this letter and my prior letter to Director Comey merits further investigation. It may or may not. As a private citizen I am in no position to make that determination. However, I believe it is my solemn duty both as a private citizen and an attorney who is a member of the District of Columbia and Texas Bars to call this matter to your attention.

Sincerely yours,

Douglas Caddy

cc: Senator Mark Warner, U. S. Senate Intelligence Committee

Representative Adam Schiff, U. S. House Intelligence Committee

Page 5 of 6 pages

For further information about my alerting Comey and Mueller to the Roger Stone involvement type  in your browser, “Douglas Caddy’s Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential election” that I posted on August 22, 2017 on the educationforum.com.

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/24173-attorneys-file-on-roger-stone-larouche-and-russia-influencing-the-2016-presidential-election/

The actions taken by TDECU to impair my creditworthiness I believe can be traced to Dow Chemical Company’s internal investigation regarding my $1500 loan application in September 2020 and its decision as a Trump supporting corporation to hurt me. Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen wrote in his bestselling book, Disloyal: A Memoir, that Trump will spare no end to get even with anyone who crosses him, which I certainly did with my complaints about Roger Stone. Trump and Dow Chemical Company have been engaged in a criminal conspiracy since 2016 that has benefited the corporation of getting its chemicals approved without regulatory compliance.

On December 9, 2020 I wrote a certified letter with return receipt requested to Stephanie Gale Sherrodd, President and CEO of TDECU, at its main office at 1001 FM 2004, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566. I stated in my letter that I sought copies of any and all documents TDECU had filed with any government or private or none-government entity concerning me, especially those that dealt with my creditworthiness. I never heard back from Sherrodd. This causes me to wonder what TDECU is hiding about its efforts to impair my creditworthiness.

SDNY has an ongoing criminal investigation into the $107 million donated to the Trump Inaugural Committee. A large portion of the $107 million is missing and unaccounted for. Vox.com published an article on December 18, 2018 titled, “The Trump Inauguration is now being criminally investigated.” The article reported, “Prosecutors for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (SDNY) are looking into the president’s inaugural committee, The Wall Street Journal …reported Thursday.

“Investigators are said to be interested in the inaugural committee’s spending and into potential corruption involving favors for its donors. The Journal’s team reports that the criminal probe stems at least in part from material found during the FBI’s raids on Michael Cohen’s residence and office in April.”

“Even before this, multiple outlets reported earlier this year that special counsel Robert Mueller was investigating potential Russia-tied donations to the inaugural committee. But this is now the first confirmation of a broader probe into the inaugural committee and its money.”

By means of this letter I am urging SDNY to thoroughly investigate Dow Chemical Company’s $1 million “donation” in December 2016 that resulted in its untested chemical being approved in April 2017 by Trump’s EPA. I am also urging that SDNY investigate chemicals manufactured by Dow Chemical Company from April 2017 to December 2020 that were approved by EPA or any other federal regulatory agency. Was bribery or quid pro quo involved? In whose pocket the Dow’s $1 million “donation” go?

Specifically I am urging that SDNY direct FBI agents in interview Dow Chemical Company former president Liveris and its current president about what chemicals were approved and whether any “donations” or bribes or quid pro quos were paid to secure such approvals. I would suggest that Dow Chemical Company and TDECU be sent letters advising them not to destroy any evidence, including

Page 6 of 6 pages

electronic, dealing with the criminal investigation into the Trump Inaugural Committee. This evidence must be preserved should it be needed by the federal grand jury investigating the scandal.

This is a public letter to SDNY. As such I am urging any citizen reading this letter to write the SDNY to let the courageous federal prosecutors in your office know that law abiding citizens fully support what they are doing to investigate the Dow Chemical Company’s “donation” to the Trump Inaugural Committee and the “donations” by others that may be criminally tainted. Citizens should write to the U.S. Attorney for the SDNY at the address at the top of this letter.

I am fully aware that by writing this letter to SDNY I shall face various forms of retaliation by Dow Chemical Company with assets of $43 billion and TDECU with assets of $3 billion. I will deal with what may come my way as at 82 my future is behind me. What is important is that donors to Trump Inaugural Committee who gave bribes or quid pro quos to achieve an illegal end be investigated and prosecuted. For those who are interested I plan to chronicle any retaliation against me on the Political Conspiracies topic on education forum.com. https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/forum/209-political-conspiracies/

Sincerely yours,

Douglas Caddy

Attachments:

1) TDECU Notice of Action Taken and Statement of Reasons dated 8/31/2020 on my $1500 loan application

2) My TDECU Member Statement of Account for November 2020

3) TDECU receipt for my payment on my auto loan dated December 23, 2020

4) A copy of my “Attorney's file on Roger Stone, LaRouche and Russia influencing the 2016 presidential   election” posted on August 22, 2017 on the educationforum.com.

Imaaz Zuberi who donated $900,000 to the Trump Inaugural Committee was indicted in October for making an illegal foreign straw donation, violating foreign lobbying laws, and evading taxes. Prosecutors later filed a superseding indictment accusing Zuberi of taking steps to thwart the criminal investigation. zuberi then pleaded guilty.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Scott Pruitt, Trump's EPA chief met with Dow Chemical exec before rolling back a ban on pesticides

By Michael Biesecker 

AP

Jun 28, 2017, 9:52 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com/scott-pruitt-trumps-epa-chief-met-with-dow-chemical-exec-before-rolling-back-a-ban-on-pesticides-2017-6

Edited by Douglas Caddy

At his trial Roger Stone did not call any defense witnesses and never took the witness stand. He knew that Trump would eventually pardon him, which happened on Dec. 23.

There was a press report after Stone was found guilty that the prosecutors believed that Roger had another back channel either to Assange or Russia but were never able to find it. The full story of Trump/Stone/Assange/Russia will eventually come out as Stone is now subject to being called before a federal grand jury where he will not be entitled to invoke the Fifth Amendment. The judge would order him to testify and if he refused, he could be held in criminal contempt of court. If he did testify and lied, he then could be prosecuted for perjury.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Famed author David Talbot wrote on Facebook today:

Trump Inc. Of course the Trump reich was enabled not just by the Mitch McConnell cabal on Capitol Hill but by the corporate overlords who rejoiced in his tax cuts, slashed regulations, skyrocketing traffic and wider access to overseas markets. Let's call these CEOs what they are: moral eunuchs. They served on Trump's commissions, they held fundraisers for him, they sung his praises in public -- while their PR spinmeisters tried to gently distance their corporations from his grotesque excesses.
It's not just Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley who should walk the plank for sedition -- it's all the major executives who shilled for Trump because he was good for their bottom lines. These men (and a few women) exemplify why corporate capitalism is a monster that is laying waste to civilized values. Trump is no freak -- he's the logical product of this ravenously selfish and greedy system.
The names of these CEOs must go down in infamy. If their boards of directors contained an ounce of conscience, these top executives would all be forced to resign: Tim Cook of Apple, Steve Schwarzman of Blackstone (pictured), plus the Murdochs of (Fox) News Corp., Larry Ellison and Safra Catz of Oracle, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Jack Dorsey of Twitter, Stephen Ross -- billionaire developer and owner of the Miami Dolphins, Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan, Doug McMillon of Walmart, Julie Sweet of Accenture, Peter Thiel of Palantir... This is just a partial list. Every name on it is a stain on his or her corporation.
And yes, that's one of Trump's barbarians during Wednesday's riot -- and yes, he's wearing a hoodie celebrating the Auschwitz death camp. These are the values that these CEOs have been promoting for over four years-- from Access Hollywood to Charlottesville to Kenosha to the Capitol invasion. But hey, how about those Trump tax cuts for billionaires!
137226429_3793849900658853_8274785148926

137352734_3793850163992160_2085058384869

137271661_3793850957325414_6765308566987

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Victims of Agent Orange the U.S. Has Never Acknowledged

America has never taken

The Victims of Agent Orange the U.S. Has Never Acknowledged

America has never taken responsibility for spraying the herbicide over Laos during the Vietnam War. But generations of ethnic minorities have endured the conseThe Victims of Agent Orange the U.S. Has Never Acknowledged - The New York Times (nytimes.com)responsibility for spraying the herbicide over Laos during the Vietnam War. But generations of ethnic minorities have endured the consequences.

[Thi

Edited by Douglas Caddy

• 2 weeks later...

E.P.A. to Review Attacks on Science Under Trump

Source: By Lisa Friedman, New York Times • Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2021

E.P.A. to Review Attacks on Science Under Trump - Governors' Wind Energy Coalition

From the article: Mr. Trump’s first administrator, Scott Pruitt, removed the agency’s web page on climate change (which has since been replaced); fired and barred independent scientific advisers who had received grants from the E.P.A. (a policy that a court ultimately found to be illegal) and then replaced them with many industry representatives; and rolled back scientifically-supported policies such as limiting pollution from trucks with rebuilt engines after meetings with executives and lobbyists.

Mr. Pruitt’s successor, Andrew Wheeler, faced accusations that he repeatedly ignored and shut out his own scientists in decisions such as issuing a rule curbing but not banning asbestos; declaring the health effects of chlorpyrifos, a widely-used pesticide, “unresolved” despite years of agency research proving its danger to infants; and pushing through a policy (which has since died in the courts) to limit the type of health and epidemiological studies that could be used to justify regulations.

DOUGLAS CADDY

ATTORNEY-AT-LAW 

7941 Katy Freeway 

Suite 296

Houston, Texas 77024

713-867-3476

Email: dougcaddy@aol.com

March 30, 2021

Inspector General Sean O’Donnell

Environmental Protection Agency

1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20460

Re: Is SDNY’s criminal investigation of Trump Inaugural

Committee targeting Dow Chemical Company’s $1 million

donation as being a bribe to have its chemical chlorpyrifos

approved without government scientific review?

Dear Inspector General O’Donnell:

As a member of the Texas Dow Employees Credit Union (TDECU member 8066886) I am writing to urge you to investigate  the $1 million donation by Dow Chemical Company to the Trump Inaugural Committee in December 2016 and any subsequent Dow Chemical Company donations that may have been essentially bribes or quid pro quos to various Trump entities, overt or hidden, that paved the way for Dow Chemical to get its chemicals approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other government agencies without any screening by government scientific experts.

The New York Times of March 25, 2021, published an article, “E.P.A. To Review Attacks On Science Under Trump In Bid to Restore Integrity.”  The article states that those who have concerns about this issue should contact your office. 

Accordingly I am asking you to investigate Dow Chemical Company’s donation/bribe of $1 million to the Trump Inaugural Committee. The New York Times article states, “ Mr. Trump’s first administrator, Scott Pruitt, removed the agency’s web page on climate change (which has since been replaced); fired and barred independent scientific advisers who had received grants from the E.P.A. (a policy that a court ultimately found to be illegal) and then replaced them with many industry representatives; and rolled back scientifically-supported policies such as limiting pollution from trucks with rebuilt engines after meetings with executives and lobbyists.

Page 2 of 2 pages

“Mr. Pruitt’s successor, Andrew Wheeler, faced accusations that he repeatedly ignored and shut out his own scientists in decisions such as issuing a rule curbing but not banning asbestos; declaring the health effects of chlorpyrifos, a widely-used pesticide, “unresolved” despite years of agency research proving its danger to infants; and pushing through a policy (which has since died in the courts) to limit the type of health and epidemiological studies that could be used to justify regulations.”

Enclosed is a copy of my letter of December 26, 2020, to Audrey Strauss, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, requesting that her office to investigate Dow Chemical Company’s donation. My letter to U.S. Attorney Strauss and subsequent developments can also be found at the following link:

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/26881-is-sdnys-criminal-investigation-of-trump-inaugural-committee-targeting-dow-chemical-companys-1-million-donation-as-bribe-to-have-its-chemicals-approved-without-government-review/

Sincerely yours,

Douglas Caddy

Member of the Texas and District of Columbia Bars

cc: Audrey Strauss, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York

Dear Member,

One of my duties as Chairman of TDECU’s Board of Directors is to ensure clear and consistent guidance for our organization, particularly in times of change. Today, I am announcing a change in leadership with the departure of President and CEO, Stephanie Sherrodd. After 17 years with the credit union, including more than 8 years at the helm, Stephanie is resigning from TDECU effective April 30.

Under Stephanie’s leadership, TDECU experienced unprecedented growth, expanded products and services to a growing membership base, and became recognized as a best-in-class credit union across the industry. On behalf of the Board of Directors, our Leadership Team, and Employees, we are forever grateful for her leadership and we wish her all the best in her new pursuits.

"I feel fortunate to have served the TDECU Board of Directors, employees, and Members these past years, and am proud of our team's unwavering commitment to our credit union mission, and our community,” states Sherrodd. “I am grateful for the relationships and the partnerships that have allowed our team to deliver on the growth and success of our credit union. Thank you to the community of Lake Jackson who have embraced my family – we look forward to our next chapter and the future."

Please join me in congratulating Isaac Johnson, TDECU’s SVP and Chief Administrative, Legal and Diversity Officer, who will lead the organization as Interim CEO. In addition to a proven history of leadership at TDECU, USAA, and Wells Fargo, Isaac proudly serves our nation as Commanding General, 351st Civil Affair Command. We are confident Isaac is the right leader to ensure business continuity for our Members and Employees as we engage in a formal search for our next CEO.

While change is never easy, we are excited to see what this new chapter holds for our credit union and remain committed to providing our Members the resources they need to improve their lives through growth, innovation and digital transformation.

Sincerely,

Richard (Dick) Smith

TDECU - Chairman, Board of Directors          

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fast.hcsm1.com%2Fimages%2Fpp%2F57003005%2FCorporate%2FMasthead-Template-Rework_3_030118.jpg&t=1617772465&ymreqid=fb0b209e-689c-82cb-2fbb-170010019700&sig=IPc3sEJHq.jM1P3NgNf9pw--~D

Edited by Douglas Caddy

• 2 weeks later...

I am honored that Spartacus-Education has selected my autobiography, Being There: Eyewitness to History, as its Book of the Week.

To view the posting, scroll down to the bottom.

Spartacus Educational (spartacus-educational.com)

Edited by Douglas Caddy