The Education Forum

Why Is The Mary Ferrell Website Always So Damned Annoying

21 hours ago, Richard Bertolino said:

I don't buy Starbucks lattes. I have never bought anything at Starbucks. I'm just a poor old fart. $79.95? I guess I can keep on the way I am. The Starbucks customers can pay the fees.

For $80 per year you can download to your heart’s desire and get literally years worth of reading material. For $40 per year you get infinite searches and can read whatever documents you want online. If you enjoy the JFK case there’s no better investment for your own entertainment. I don’t drink lattes either - I’d rather spend 10 seconds once a year to put that small amount of money towards an endlessly interesting and rewarding hobby and support the best JFK research organization out there. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

For $80 per year you can download to your heart’s desire and get literally years worth of reading material. For $40 per year you get infinite searches and can read whatever documents you want online. If you enjoy the JFK case there’s no better investment for your own entertainment. I don’t drink lattes either - I’d rather spend 10 seconds once a year to put that small amount of money towards an endlessly interesting and rewarding hobby and support the best JFK research organization out there. 

Small amount of money? I could buy 80lbs. of rice with that!

On 4/25/2024 at 8:25 AM, Tom Gram said:

If you enjoy the JFK case there’s no better investment for your own entertainment.

It was a few days ago, but I want to respond to this entertainment idea. I wish that I found the topic entertaining, but I don't. To me this is a serious matter, a civic duty sort of thing. And I currently have more than 72,000 files in my database, almost all of them free downloads. So, it's not a matter of reading material. Also, I was not complaining about the cost, but of the site's design. It is intentionally annoying, unless you pay. And the searches produce insane broadly scattered results, designed to require payment if you're ever going to find anything. The design is contrived to make it annoying, unless you pay. Is the whole point to make you pay? I don't know. I can't ask Mary.