The Education Forum

Premiership Corruption

John Simkin

Sven-Goran Eriksson has apparently named three corrupt Premiership clubs. Who do you think they are? According to football journalists discussing this on Sky Sports, all three are well-known to be managed by men who regularly take backhanders from agents. Here are my three predictions:

Manchester United

Portsmouth

Newcastle

Sven-Goran Eriksson has apparently named three corrupt Premiership clubs. Who do you think they are? According to football journalists discussing this on Sky Sports, all three are well-known to be managed by men who regularly take backhanders from agents. Here are my three predictions:

Manchester United

Portsmouth

Newcastle

How would Sven know anyway?? He's England coach he doesn't deal in transfers and has no backhanders to give

Manchester United

Portsmouth

Newcastle

How would Sven know anyway?? He's England coach he doesn't deal in transfers and has no backhanders to give

As Harry Harris pointed out on television on Sunday, Sven was told by the same people who told him and other journalists. That is other managers and club chairman. The point is that it is almost impossible to obtain evidence of managers and chief executives taking bungs. The only one convicted so far was based on a confession by George Graham. The FA need to make it illegal for managers to be offered bribes from agents. Then you would get some convictions.

My judgements are based on the transfer activities of the managers above. It is generally believed that Harry got the sack from West Ham for this reason. The employing of sons as agents (West Ham and Manchester United) is also a clue.