The Education Forum

Death of Nathan Darby

I was deeply saddened to learn yesterday of the passing of Nathan Darby. For those forum members who have been following the Texas/fingerprint part of this case, Nathan needs no introduction. (For forum members unfamiliar with Nathan and his work, I will post a link. (Or just google his name and read).

It has been my profound pleasure of having been one of Nathan's friends and confidants since 1998.

Nathan worked very hard on the work he did--matching the latent print found on the 6th floor to the known prints of Malcolm "Mac" Wallace. He did so at his own time and expense, refusing any monetary compensation. Even after his affidavit of 3/12/98 was hand delivered, by J Harrison, to the open homicides division of the Dallas police department, Nathan continued to work on this case until his stroke last summer, from which he never recovered. Nathan was not frightened or intimidated by learning that his work involved a potential clue to the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

When the now-censored (HIstory Channel) portion of The Men Who Killed Kennedy--The Guilty Men aired, I had the pleasure of viewing it with two of its "stars": Nathan and Barr McClellan.

I will greatly miss this delightful man. His courge, wisdom, and unrelenting search for the truth are rare and marvelous qualities.

Many people profess to be "Christians." Nathan did not simply profess such: he lived it.

Sleep well dear friend, we shall meet again. In a better place.

Dawn

I was deeply saddened to learn yesterday of the passing of Nathan Darby. For those forum members who have been following the Texas/fingerprint part of this case, Nathan needs no introduction. (For forum members unfamiliar with Nathan and his work, I will post a link. (Or just google his name and read).

It has been my profound pleasure of having been one of Nathan's friends and confidants since 1998.

Nathan worked very hard on the work he did--matching the latent print found on the 6th floor to the known prints of Malcolm "Mac" Wallace. He did so at his own time and expense, refusing any monetary compensation. Even after his affidavit of 3/12/98 was hand delivered, by J Harrison, to the open homicides division of the Dallas police department, Nathan continued to work on this case until his stroke last summer, from which he never recovered. Nathan was not frightened or intimidated by learning that his work involved a potential clue to the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

When the now-censored (HIstory Channel) portion of The Men Who Killed Kennedy--The Guilty Men aired, I had the pleasure of viewing it with two of its "stars": Nathan and Barr McClellan.

I will greatly miss this delightful man. His courge, wisdom, and unrelenting search for the truth are rare and marvelous qualities.

Many people profess to be "Christians." Nathan did not simply profess such: he lived it.

Sleep well dear friend, we shall meet again. In a better place.

Dawn

Dawn - So very sorry to hear about Nathan. He and I had such a wonderful

time together that day at your home. I wonder that his family kept him

isolated from us? He remains a major figure. And thank you so much for

keeping me in touch. My contacts into the old J community in Austin are

primarily with you. Have a wonderful fourth and only the best for you and

for Erick. Barr