The Education Forum

Biography: Jaxie Stewart Fisher

I am a 57 year old retired nurse living in Virginia Beach, Virginia with my husband and two cats. I was born in Tokyo, Japan while my father was stationed there. He was a colonel in the Army and we lived in Germany and all over the U.S. I attended Arizona State University and later got my nursing license.

Melba Christine Youngblood was only known to me as Aunt Pippy when I was growing up. I always knew there were scandalous incidents involving her but was never told much until I was older. All I knew of her was that she was very beautiful when I was young and always had time to play with me. I knew my cousin Mike was her son and he was being raised by my grandparents...Tom and Minnie Bell Youngblood. Before my Mother died she told me some of the history and I was so surprized. I am very much interested in learning anything I can as I do have good reason to care.

Melba Christine Youngblood was better known as Rose Cheramie. I have always felt many things were withheld from my grandmother and grandfather. I do know some interesting things about her young life also as I lived with her off and on as a child and my parents were involved in many of her mishaps.

• 3 months later...
I am a 57 year old retired nurse living in Virginia Beach, Virginia with my husband and two cats. I was born in Tokyo, Japan while my father was stationed there. He was a colonel in the Army and we lived in Germany and all over the U.S. I attended Arizona State University and later got my nursing license.

Melba Christine Youngblood was only known to me as Aunt Pippy when I was growing up. I always knew there were scandalous incidents involving her but was never told much until I was older. All I knew of her was that she was very beautiful when I was young and always had time to play with me. I knew my cousin Mike was her son and he was being raised by my grandparents...Tom and Minnie Bell Youngblood. Before my Mother died she told me some of the history and I was so surprized. I am very much interested in learning anything I can as I do have good reason to care.

Melba Christine Youngblood was better known as Rose Cheramie. I have always felt many things were withheld from my grandmother and grandfather. I do know some interesting things about her young life also as I lived with her off and on as a child and my parents were involved in many of her mishaps.

Jaxie, nice to have you aboard! -smitty

This post has been moved by Mr. Gruhn to his bio details thread.

Edited by Joel D. Gruhn