The Education Forum

Guiliani hated by NY Firefighters

Rudy Guiliani meets with harsh criticism about 9/11.

http://news.aol.com/elections/president/st...990001?cid=2359

His administration's failure to provide the World Trade Center's first responders with adequate radios, a long-standing complaint from relatives of the firefighters killed when the twin towers collapsed. The Sept. 11 Commission noted the firefighters at the World Trade Center were using the same ineffective radios employed by the first responders to the 1993 terrorist attack on the trade center.

A November 2001 decision to step up removal of the massive rubble pile at ground zero. The firefighters were angered when the then-mayor reduced their numbers among the group searching for remains of their lost "brothers," focusing instead on what they derided as a "scoop and dump" approach. Giuliani agreed to increase the number of firefighters at ground zero just days after ordering the cutback.

More than 5 1/2 years later, body parts are still turning up in the trade center site.

"We want America to know what this guy meant to New York City firefighters," said Peter Gorman, head of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association. "In our experiences with this man, he disrespected us in the most horrific way."

The two-term mayor, in his appearance before the Sept. 11 Commission, said the blame for the death and destruction of Sept. 11 belonged solely with the terrorists. "There was not a problem of coordination on Sept. 11," he testified.

Giuliani was also criticized for locating the city's emergency center in 7 World Trade Center, a building that contained thousands of gallons of diesel fuel when it collapsed after the terrorist attack.

Kathy

Kathy...I think you meant to put this in the Political Conspiracies section.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I have seen other threads about 9/11 here. After all, it's the same people who did it -- oil barons and their descendants.

Kathy

P.S. Now I have a duplicate post on JFK Assassination. Sorry, people.

Edited by Kathleen Collins

Guest Stephen Turner
Rudy Guiliani meets with harsh criticism about 9/11.

http://news.aol.com/elections/president/st...990001?cid=2359

His administration's failure to provide the World Trade Center's first responders with adequate radios, a long-standing complaint from relatives of the firefighters killed when the twin towers collapsed. The Sept. 11 Commission noted the firefighters at the World Trade Center were using the same ineffective radios employed by the first responders to the 1993 terrorist attack on the trade center.

A November 2001 decision to step up removal of the massive rubble pile at ground zero. The firefighters were angered when the then-mayor reduced their numbers among the group searching for remains of their lost "brothers," focusing instead on what they derided as a "scoop and dump" approach. Giuliani agreed to increase the number of firefighters at ground zero just days after ordering the cutback.

More than 5 1/2 years later, body parts are still turning up in the trade center site.

"We want America to know what this guy meant to New York City firefighters," said Peter Gorman, head of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association. "In our experiences with this man, he disrespected us in the most horrific way."

The two-term mayor, in his appearance before the Sept. 11 Commission, said the blame for the death and destruction of Sept. 11 belonged solely with the terrorists. "There was not a problem of coordination on Sept. 11," he testified.

Giuliani was also criticized for locating the city's emergency center in 7 World Trade Center, a building that contained thousands of gallons of diesel fuel when it collapsed after the terrorist attack.

Kathy

Kathy, the usual tale of how the powerful use ordinary people, hero's(or heroin's) when they need you, dumped and spat on when they dont. I can still see the photo of the young firefighter climbing the Towers, wide eye'd with fear, but still doing his job. worth a thousand Giuliani's or Bush's.

I posted a link to a similar article on another thread

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070330/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani911

I’ve had mixed feelings about Giuliani for a while, I though he did an excellent job as a prosecutor it was he more than anyone else who “put the nail” in the Mafia’s “coffin” in NYC, thought even then he struck me as an attention hound and took all the credit for something that wasn’t entirely his doing. I though he did a good job during his first term as mayor and even voted to reelect him one of the very few times I’ve voted for a Republican (and my dislike for the Democratic candidate was a major factor as well). I soon regretted having voted for him in part due to 9/11 issues mentioned in the articles.

As far as his presidential aspirations he seems to be the best of the Repulicans and a vast improvement over Bush but I'd still vote for any Democrat if he were the GOP candidate.

I think the 2nd thread on this topic should be erased or at least locked.