The Education Forum

Lessons learned from my journey with Dennis

Hi:

I stumbled upon an artifact of the DOE hearings that Dennis and I spoke at, here.  The man who ran the hearings gave me a moment of clarity as to the real game being played.  In an interview with Scott, somewhere on the Internet (this interview, perhaps), I mentioned them calling Dennis weeks later, to “check the box,” and at that link is the result of the call: once the peer-reviewed scientific literature gives credence to Brown’s Gas and elemental transmutation, then the DOE will consider it.  How typical.  What a waste of time approaching them, other than to learn how rigged the game is.  I did it with Brian a dozen years later, too, and what a waste.  All that it shows is that we beat our heads against that door.  

Best,

Wade

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

Brian and I never discussed it, but the events of the spring of 2003 surely were an impetus to his founding NEM.  Bush’s Mission Accomplished stunt was something right out of the Nuremburg rallies.  All over the oil, but nobody could admit it, even to this day.

We met at Brian’s house in early June 2003, on the shores of the Yuba River, about a half-hour from my wife’s parents’ house, and where I hosted Brian a couple of years previously.  Brian tried to convince me to move to California, to be close to him, but not again in this lifetime.  As I look back, we were a motley crewAlden Bryant was the hippest environmentalist that I ever met, but he was in his 80s then.  I doubt that Alden is still alive.  Alden publicly discussed Adam Trombly’s adventures, to give you an idea how hip he was.  But Alden brought along an assistant who was not what Brian was looking for, and he ejected her from the effort.  Alden’s assistant after that was the cameraman who stole all of that equipment when we were wiped out in Ventura.  The free energy milieu is a small world.  I was amazed when Alden told me who was helping him, and he defended that cameraman.  Back during my second stint with Dennis, I heard from a volunteer about how that cameraman showed up to a talk that he gave, and challenged him about Dennis.  Talk about chutzpa.  

Joel, who became the president after the mutiny against Brian, was a good man but naïve.  Alden brought along a pal, but who was in his 90s and going demented.  He did not even recognize me at the NEM conference the next year.  Another member wore a mystical costume, and later joined the mutiny against Brian.  

The next day, Brian invited me over to hang out, and we swam in the Yuba River.  It was one of our most intimate times together, and in discussing how not even our families supported us in our free energy efforts, Brian told me about a brother who was a Rush Limbaugh fan, with a sadness in his voice.  I believe that we discussed Sparky one last time, and Brian said that Sparky was really tired at his life’s end.  Going into hiding at 85 years old, from Godzilla’s death threats, was not what Sparky was anticipating when he tried to make something happen with his gizmo.  

Other than Alden, I was not impressed with the cast of characters, but Brian asked me to carry his spears for this, and I could not refuse him.  The month after our first board meeting, I finally found work and resumed my career, working for one of the few dot-com companies that survived the meltdown, and I worked there for the next ten years, for the longest stint of my career, by far.  They treated me very well, and I began to dig out of debt (which took three years).  The previous six years were largely stressless, at least career-wise, as I worked on my site.  It still took its toll, but it was relatively stressless.

Over the next year, I gave NEM about $17K, not including a lot of time, as I worked 60-70 hour weeks at my day job and did NEM on the side.  I dropped out of several kinds of activities that I did in those previous six years.  I simply did not have the time or energy for it.  When I resumed my career, for the first time, really, I became an early riser.  I knew that I would not be able to operate at a high level if I had to wake up to an alarm clock, as I had done in my professional life (as all of my roommates were night owls).  I have pretty much not woken up to an alarm clock ever since.  If I have my way, I am in bed by 9:00 PM, which was the extension of my bedtime when I was eight, to watch Star Trek when my father worked at NASA.  It is kind of funny how that circle completed.  This morning, I was awake at 4:30, which has been typical lately.  Sometimes, I am not awake until 6:00 AM, but around 5:00 has been my usual time to awaken, since 2003.  I plan to have that sleep regimen (with daily naps, too) for the rest of my life.

During the Christmas break of 2003, Brian hosted the second board meeting at his home.  I stayed with my wife at her parents’ house, as we turned it into our annual holiday visit, too.  I had met Mark during that 2001 misadventure with Brian in Sacramento, and at that meeting, Mark remarked on our nearly being run out of town that day, and how bizarre it was.  That incident became a famous event.  It was at that meeting that I heard Mark tell an abbreviated version of his story of his baptism by fire in the free energy field.  Jeane Manning joined up at that meeting, and later wrote about it publicly, like the journalist that she is.  It was a pretty large gathering, of twenty people or so.  I was interacting with some of the “names” in the free energy field, in a way that I had not done in years.

When I saw Eugene Mallove mention the very same technologies that we were pursuing in Ventura, and wrote it might have a chance, I had Brian introduce me to Gene.  We exchanged some email that winter, and I sent him a package of documentation of what we were pursuing, and he was going to get back to me in the spring, as he was a very busy man.  He was a pretty yang kind of guy, calling it as he saw it and pulling no punches.  His reaction to the billion dollar offer that Dennis received was that he had not heard of one so high (but Stan Meyer reported one, and Greer reported a two billion dollar offer, so I wondered how hip Gene really was).  Like so many in the field, Mallove was oriented around scientists and inventors, and really did not understand the milieu that we played in.  I don’t want to call Mallove naïve, but he had definitely not played in the Big Time, in which he was bringing disruptive technology to market, like Dennis did.  He was kind of stuck at the academic and vanilla political level, stirring things up in Washington D.C., seeking the free energy inventor who “had it!”, and the like.  Gene had his own magazine, which still exists.

Let there be no doubt: there were some caring and accomplished people whom I encountered during those days, but other than Mark and me, nobody else had really been through the free energy meat grinder.  Brian nearly died a decade before, courtesy of the American military, when he snooped into UFOs, and the incident shortened his life, so Brian seemed fairly worldly.  But there was definitely a mass movement mentality amongst the NEM crowd that I encountered, and even if it had some of Alden’s Berkeley “radicalism” in it, I did not get the sense that many of the players really appreciated the challenge of what we were taking on.  

Over the next several months, it was kind of strange for me.  On one hand, Joel and I were the corporate guys, with well-paying jobs.  Nobody else did, as they all lived from hand to mouth.  Alden was making out his credit cards, in his 80s, which was obviously going to be a path to financial oblivion unless some miracle happened.  Joel and I put together a business plan at Brian’s request, but as we did it, Brian seemed to get cold feet.  Brian was looking for altruistic rich people, which I doubt exist.  It was kind of like when I became Dennis’s partner: I was not sure what the plan was, but wanted to help.  I honestly rode in the saddle with them, carried their spears and kept my eyes open, but I gradually began to have doubts about our approach.  If the people that I saw were the best that Brian was able to round up, we were in trouble.  

That coming spring, it became evident.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

Thanks Ernie.  Well said.  You are focusing on the conundrum, which is good work.  There was a time when I thought that people could wake up to the injustices they support, the ways that they are exploited, generally by playing to their egos, and how they could keep their eyes on the ball and help usher forth a Star Trek Epoch.  I am not sure exactly when I realized that it was a pipedream, but I had a firm suspicion of it in December 1988, when I learned my life’s primary lesson.

As I staggered from my home town, radicalized, I hit the books for the next six years, while digging out of my financial abyss and putting my wife through school.  I was living with the consequences of sacrificing my life, but I had no regrets.  Those were great and happy years, in many ways.

After five wearying years of long hours at my day job, wrestling with the bottle, and getting older, Dennis was suddenly flying high again, and his endless efforts to get me back in the saddle with him worked, for a short time, until my old doubts came to the surface once again, to become certainties: the masses are not going to wake up responsibly in a bout of conscience, and a few heroes are not going to do it, either.  Humanity is a bunch of ethical kindergarteners, and it does no good to judge it; it is simply what it is.  It is nothing new, however, and in my studies sandwiched between stints with Dennis and Brian, which became increasingly comprehensive over the decades, I came to understand several dynamics, most of which I think are hopeful, which are:

• Each Epoch of the human journey was founded upon achieving the technical prowess and social organization to exploit a new energy source;
  • Each successive Epoch had these characteristics in common:
  • A higher energy surplus than the one preceding it;
  • More humane than the one preceding it;
  • It was initiated by a relative or literal handful of individuals.
  • When humanity achieved the Second Epoch, humanity’s biological equipment only changed marginally since then, and all so-called “advances” have been due to having an increased energy surplus;
  • The great social constructs of each Epoch were a consequence of the energy level of that Epoch, not a cause;
  • The energy source for each Epoch was plundered to exhaustion if the people were able to, which led to societal collapses often enough, but in a few places, and in only one place for our current Epoch, a handful of people learned to exploit that new energy source, which formed the foundation of the next Epoch.

If you had walked around “progressive” London in 1720 and decried the evils of slavery, everybody would have looked at you like you were insane, or if you argued that women deserved equality.  Nowhere on Earth was the hallowed institution of slavery challenged on universal grounds.  Only when machines began replacing brute physical labor did slavery become that evil and primitive institution.  Even the imagined Utopias of leading Third Epoch “visionaries” had slaves in them.  Only when people’s standards of living rose high enough did owning people seem barbaric.  People could not afford to have that level of conscience.  Similarly, in my great nation today, we slaughter the innocent by the millions, and almost nobody in my great nation knows or cares.  This is who humanity is, and they are not all going to wake up and make the next Epoch happen.  It has never happened that way, and it won’t happen for this next Epoch, either.  But a relative handful can.  

As long as free energy’s implementation is safe (no war or strip-mining the planet), there will be nothing to worry about, and humanity will quickly wake up to the realities of the new Epoch, and warfare, ecosystem exploitation, and strip-mining Earth will be seen as barbaric as slavery is in this Epoch, or how completely slaughtering your neighbors was seen in the Third Epoch.  I am all for those peacekeeping grandmothers, and I think that humanity can turn the corner, and you are right, that the collapse that we are on the brink of will be global in nature; there will be no place to run and hide, although Godzilla and friends have their survival enclaves picked out, and some of their plans are truly megalomaniacal.   

You are right, that integrity and sentience are in short supply on Earth, as usual, and my plan is to find enough of those needles in haystacks that can mount that Epochal effort.  It beats watching the Super Bowl.  :)  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

The first four months of each year were my busiest each year, but I recall working on the business plan with Joel back then.  In May 2004, we had our third board meeting, and my last one, at Brian’s house again.  That meeting was really the beginning of the end for me.  The other members decided to mount a conference, which I suppose was normal.  The first thing that we did when I became Dennis’s partner was hold our first Greatest Energy Show on Earth.  At the board meeting, the planning began.  Most of the board knew Gene Mallove, and he committed to speak at the conference, at least by video presentation, two days later, on the following Monday.  He was our first speaker to commit.  

What began to end my NEM tenure was the other speaker that they wanted to line up: that free energy scientist who libeled Dennis.  The man was a criminal, and we were not only planning to invite him as a speaker, but board members wanted to invite him into our organization.  I put up the money to get our conference going.  The greatest lesson of my journey was that personal integrity is the world’s scarcest commodity.  We had not even gotten off of the ground yet, and were bringing in a known criminal.  You needed a gathering of saints to even think about pursuing free energy, and there we were, falling off the rails before we even began.  Another man, who pirated Dennis’s technologies for years, was another one mentioned as a speaker.  That was the meeting in which Alden handed me that two-page version of that libelous essay, written for my benefit, and then I blew my stack.  

I tried to explain why we were already heading in the wrong direction, and not one other NEM board member understood what I was talking about, not even Brian.  I wanted out right then.  Those people were going to learn some hard elementary lessons, and I did not want to be around for it when it happened.  I also had agreed to get the NEM website professionally mastered, and that is where most of my NEM money went, and that is a long story that I don’t feel like getting into.  That site was eventually junked, and all of my money wasted.

I wanted out, and begged Brian to let me out, but he begged me to stay.  The guy that I hired to master the site erased the old one, to work on the new one, which was a rookie move that I had never seen before.  A “mystical” NEM board member begged Brian for money to attend the board meeting, and Brian decided to let him remain absent, and he joined the mutiny against Brian after I had quit.  

I was working 12 hour days at my day job, and coming home to an NEM in pandemonium, trying to calm the waters.  By Friday, I had gotten NEM’s site back up, and Brian was calmed down.  He sent me a conciliatory email, thanking me for hanging in there, and he wrote that he thought that we might be under psychic attack, and that something was happening.  As Brian wrote those words, the police were discovering Gene’s body, after he had been beaten to death.  That was the beginning of the end for Brian, as he immediately began planning his move to South America, and I could not blame him, and that story comes next.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

This post will venture into a delicate area: that of the spooks and free energy (“FE”).  Just today, I finished a book on the life of Karl Wolff, which I got drawn into when reading a book on Allen Dulles.  Wolff Likely went to a pretty dark place when he passed over.  He was Himmler’s right-hand man and a favorite of Hitler’s, but escaped the fate of his Nazi brethren with the help of Dulles and friends, and he played Sergeant Shultz for the rest of his life, saying that he “knew nothing!” about the extermination of the Jews.  I already had a bellyful of studying World War II and the Holocaust, but the study of Wolff’s life was sickly fascinating.  Until his life’s end, he kept up with, “I knew nothing!” and even argued that Hitler knew nothing of the Holocaust, and that it was all Himmler’s fault.  At least he did not try to deny that the Holocaust even happened.  

Wolff was arguably the highest-ranking Nazi to survive for long after the war, and he did it with Dulles’s help.  The CIA and Nazis were fast friends, as the CIA employed entire organizations of death camp Nazis, such as Gehlen’s, and the CIA was deeply involved in JFK’s murder and cover-up.

I am going to reveal a little more than I have before on Brian’s first brush with death, which shortened his life.  Brian co-hosted a UFO conference in 1992, and the USA’s military then tried to recruit him to do classified UFO work, and Brian refused.  Immediately afterward, and I mean immediately, Brian nearly died of a heart attack.  When Brian and I traded notes in 2001, he told me in detail about what happened, and what he thought happened.  He likely did not figure out for years what probably happened, and that is normal.  It took me more than a decade to realize that we were being set up during my second stint with Dennis.  

If you get Brian’s books that describe the heart attack, he described it as like being hit by lightning.  When he was examined by a physician, he was informed that feeling like being hit by lightning is not a heart attack symptom.  Brian was also told that his heart attack was atypical, in that it seemed that the heart attack was brought on by some kind of blunt trauma suffered by his chest cavity, which is not the usual way to have a heart attack.  The military officials who made the “offer” to Brian also possessed such “fried by lightning” technology, and Brian believed that they shot him through the walls of his home, from a nearby van, and their technology could see through the walls of his home like they were not there (not far removed from what he had just told me about Sparky’s last days), and they waited until Brian was isolated from anybody else being hit by the weapon, as two deaths from “heart attacks” would look a little suspicious, let us say.

Brian was afraid for the rest of his life that if he went public with his suspicions, especially naming names, that they would finish the job.  In the last year of his life, Brian gave an interview and got into the details, later thought better of it, and asked the interviewers to remove that segment of the interview, which they did.

I have heard far more harrowing tales than Brian’s in this milieu, of free energy inventors and the like coming to untimely ends, and it is far more important for the operations to look like something other than premeditated murder, so the attacks are made to appear to be deaths by suicide, disease (cancer and heart attacks, most prominently), “accidents,” random crimes, and so on.  In the prologue of his last book, Brian mentioned “hundreds” of ways to perform that surreptitious murder.  Making it look like something other than spook-inflicted murder is more important than any one murder attempt being successful, which is why free energy activists can survive multiple attempts (and also alternative doctors, for instance).  

Mallove was supposedly murdered by his tenants, and Brian’s pal John Mack was supposedly killed by a drunk driver the day after our NEM conference ended.  Sometimes a heart attack is just a heart attack, a murder is just a murder, and an “accident” is just an accident, but when they come fast and furiously, in a milieu in which those untimely demises are well-known methods of silencing “dangerous” voices, I did not blame Brian at all for fleeing to South America.  I am not saying that his tenants did not murder Mallove, or that a drunk driver did not hit Mack, but those killers may well have had some “help,” which could have come in many surreptitious ways.

There are many ways to neutralize the threats.  After refusing the billion dollar bribe, Dennis was arrested with a million dollar bail and ultimately kangarooed into prison for the heinous crime of failing to file a form, which was actually my job.  When he got kangarooed into prison, his security file was doctored, to put him into a shark tank, and a serial murderer was suddenly moved into the same facility to be Dennis’s bunk mate.  When Dennis became the murderer’s best friend instead of becoming his prey, then the prison officials seemed to frame Dennis for being a snitch, and they kept putting him into the same room with duped inmates who announced his death sentence for being a snitch.  Dennis got “lucky” and only had some fingers broken and teeth knocked out, and he soon ended up wearing dentures.  

If Dennis failed to survive the prison experience, it would just be one more “coincidental” untimely demise of somebody whose efforts posed a threat to the global power structure.  

This is a difficult area to deal with, and the vast majority of people have unproductive reactions to the very real dangers that come with this path, which primarily are:

• Naïve denial (or “skepticism”);
  • Paranoia, which can take cowardly forms;
  • Titillation, as if they were reading tabloids or watching some Hollywood thriller.

Not many people come to a worldly and balanced view of this situation, but usually get hung up in one of those reaction categories above.  I have very consciously designed what I am doing to minimize the risks that my fellow travelers faced, both to myself and anybody that I recruit to my little scheme.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

After Mallove’s murder, Brian went AWOL.  Joel and I were mounting the conference.  Joel was a successful scientist/salesman for a forest products company in Portland, and wanted to do something like NEM, but needed to keep making six figures to do it, and I cautioned him to keep his day job.  Only Dennis ever made much money in the field, and it was never for long, as he would get swatted down, or his effort self-destructed from the “help” of his “allies.”  Joel needed to treat NEM as an avid hobby, while keeping his career intact.

Among my duties at my day job was project management, and somebody like Dennis was a crisis management executive.  I had seen all types of executives in my career, but never one that disappeared before.  Brian was not around to make any decisions, being incommunicado for weeks.  I could see why he begged me to stay, so that somebody could do the work.  Joel, being a salesman, thought that he could rally his company to support free energy, and it cost him his career.  He had been there for 20 years, and has scrambled ever since.  When Mallove lost his job at MIT over cold fusion, he also had to scramble, and renting out his family home to make ends meet cost him his life.  When Brian left the Establishment, losing his last job with them because he refused to work on Star Wars, he also scrambled for the rest of his life, and going bankrupt just came with the territory.  I am the only person that I know of who played in the FE field at a high level and held down a corporate career, bouncing between them.  It has been a strange journey, I can tell you.  

But the silver lining was that Joel then had plenty of free time to mount the conference, and he rounded up a team of volunteers to help.  Brian emerged from the Amazon or some such place in South America, and really didn’t care that he was not around to help.  I did not know that Brian had been spooked by Mallove’s murder and was planning his move to South America.  For somebody who did not want to be there, it was trying for me.

Also, as I had NEM’s site mastered, there was a mass movement mentality among the other members, understandably.  They complained, for instance, when this interview with Adam Trombly was reproduced on NEM’s site, and Brian agreed with them.  As I look back, I appreciate the irony of the NEM board trying to make NEM look like some mainstream effort, which churches and grandmothers could join, while Brian was fleeing to South America.  

Alden was the hippest environmentalist that I ever met, and was on a first name basis with all the big names in environmentalism, and was trying to enlist their participation.  I learned my lesson long ago on environmentalists, and Alden had yet to.  I don’t recall even one environmental organization getting involved, as they have seen free energy as the enemy since the 1970s.

I am not sure about how they may be connected, but the free-energy-fearing environmentalists had Laurence Rockefeller as their patron saint (see Battling Wall Street, for instance), while he was also mentoring Steven Greer with his Disclosure Project efforts, which later became free energy efforts.  It was one of those connections that makes you go, “Hmmm.”

During those days, as I tried to get the board members to understand that inviting criminals into NEM, such as that libeler, was suicidal for the organization, I had a talk with Alden.  Alden worked with Yull Brown in the 1990s, as did so many others.  That libeler said that Dennis ripped off his followers for $100 million.  When Dennis got involved with Yull, Yull’s supporters in California told Yull that Dennis did not have any money.  Yull must not have told them about the $250K that Dennis paid him as his commission on a shipment of Brown’s Gas machines from China.  The subject of Yull came up during a conversation with Alden, and he challenged me that Dennis paid Yull any money.  When I told him that Dennis had paid Yull a $250K commission, Alden challenged me with, “What money?”  I almost felt like I had to explain to Alden what money was. I then talked with Alden about some of Yull’s antics, and Alden said that that was the Yull that he knew.  

It was bizarre to hear “he stole $100 million” from one direction, and “he had no money” coming from another.  Both were Big Lies.  I was being yelled at and other niceties, and I desperately looked forward to the conference, so that I could meet my commitment to Brian and quit NEM.  It was going nowhere, and fast.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

Brian was very human, with his idiosyncrasies.  Next to his kitchen sink was a lapis lazuli pig, about an inch-long, and he turned that pig into his alter ego.  He had a puppet modeled after it, and when he spoke publicly, he would use the pig as a prop, like Charlie McCarthy but without the ventriloquism.  Lapis Pig was a capitalist pig, similar to Dogbert.  As we mounted NEM, it got back to me that other free energy efforts ridiculed Brian’s methods, especially Lapis Pig.  One highly visible member of the free energy community in particular was very hostile to Brian, but at the same time, he was close friends with Mr. Skeptic, totally suckered in by Mr. Skeptic’s affable skeptic charade.  What is wrong with that picture?  Everywhere I looked in the free energy field was naïveté, lack of discernment, self-seeking, megalomania, criminality, etc.  I did not find anybody else like Dennis or Brian in it, and no other Mr. Professors.  I don’t want to have anything to do with the field today.  It is in a state of arrested development and going nowhere.

Over the summer of 2004, Brian finally reappeared after his South American travels, finding a place to flee to, I was having the site mastered, and Joel was busy planning the conference.  That board member who wanted money to attend that third board meeting essentially was a parasite to other board members, and got more than $1,000 from me, kind of under false pretenses.  He later joined the mutiny against Brian.  Free energy efforts with parasites like that don’t have a prayer.

In September came the conference.  Because I was providing the money and handling it, I ended up running the registration desk at the conference.  It was the last place on Earth where I wanted to be, and I was not a pleasant greeter.  My wife came and helped, and she noted that plenty of shady characters attended.  Conferences like that are swarming with Godzilla’s minions.  At breaks, groupies surrounded Brian.  One of the speakers set up a table next to ours, selling his books with an affable demeanor.  He is a famous free energy scientist.  He replaced me on the board and later led the mutiny against Brian.

I took only one break that first day, to hear Greer speak.  That is where I heard his $100 billion in quiet money statement, heard the GCs called “Godzilla” for the first time, and hearing Greer speak was almost worth it all, for me.  But Greer had gone über-warrior, nearly strutting his bodybuilder’s body, came to ask me for directions to the cafeteria and was almost barking orders at me within seconds.  An inventor of some flying saucer-type gizmo was hawking his invention near the registration table.  It was kind of a three-ring circus.  What the hell was I doing there?  

By that time, I think that it was obvious to all at NEM that I wanted to quit, and they held a board meeting without me that evening, which I heard about later.  I think that they were going to kick me out if I didn’t quit.  The morning of the second and final day of the conference, I got there to man the registration table, and guess what was happening about twenty feet away from me?  That libeler of Dennis’s attended the conference after all, and Brian and that parasite board member were giving the guy bear hugs!  He is one of the most prominent members of the free energy community, and a criminal.  As soon as I could, I closed up shop, handed Joel the wad of cash that I had collected, and fled back to Seattle.  I emailed my NEM resignation the next morning, which Brian sadly accepted.  I still gave NEM thousands of dollars after I quit, partly so that that parasite member would not wreck the NEM site that my money built, but after getting money from me, he wrecked it anyway.

John Mack was killed that same day as I resigned, and Brian moved to South America within weeks after the NEM conference, and Joel helped him move.  Joel is a good man, and reminded me of how I might have turned out if I had not met Dennis.  Alden was a good one, as was Jeane, but the list got short from there.  None of them were involved in the mutiny against Brian, although Joel kind of presided over it, in what Brian thought was naïveté, not malice.  I vividly recall the emotional agony that I felt after quitting NEM and having the site that I paid for get erased, and it seemed over-the-top, like I was being zapped by mind-frying psychotronic equipment.  I had an experience like that one other time, and I now know that, indeed, when you play at those levels, those kinds of interventions by Godzilla and friends can happen.  I am not saying that it did, in that instance, but it would not surprise me.

My midlife crisis only got worse after my NEM days, and I went completely quiet for years.  I may have written those Peak Oiler essays (1, 2) over the summer of 2004, but I did not publish anything else for over a year, when I published The Free Energy Conundrum.  The year 2006 was perhaps the most agonizing year of my midlife crisis, which is saying something, but in the spring, I published one of my most positive essays, kind of like therapy, on what abundance looks like.  

By the summer of 2006, one reader from my public interaction days had been asking me for years to ally with the Free Software Movement, and I spent some weeks interacting with Richard Stallman in July 2006, who was a classic Level 3, with free energy being contrary to accepted physics, and tales of organized suppression being an easily dismissed conspiracy theory.  I still took a page from the Free Software Movement’s platform: I only advocate giving away free energy.  I sure did not get the idea from them: Dennis’s marketing plan for his heat pump is the closest thing to free energy that there has ever been, and NEM was non-profit, but with the help of Stallman’s work, I finally decided that giving away free energy was likely the only approach that had a prayer.  I had seen everything else fail spectacularly.  

So it was, with my interacting with people such as Stallman, in my agony, when Dennis showed up to my house, unannounced, to invite me to the White House, for an eve-of-the-election demonstration of his 100 MPG carburetor technology, arranged by George Bush the Second’s energy advisor.  Dennis also wanted me to be on the board of his latest effort, with his family members, as I was the only person outside of his family (with Mr. Professor dead) that he fully trusted.  I instantly rejected his offers and nearly wanted to throw him out of my house.  But our relationship is closer than family, and he respected that I was finished with efforts like his, and it turned into a pleasant social evening after that, and he told me about some of latest adventures (glad that I was not part of them!  :) ).  

Dennis’s arrival was the final straw for my midlife crisis.  My wife is a psychologist and believes in the process, and she insisted that I get trauma therapy after my Ventura days, which helped, and 15 years later, she again insisted, in the wake of Dennis’s visit, and I did, and the clouds of my midlife crisis soon began to part.  By early 2007, my midlife crisis was over, but by the summer of 2007, I began burning out from the relentless pace of my day job, with 60-70 hour weeks almost continually for the previous four years.  I was paid handsomely, but I was heading toward my next stress breakdown, which did not culminate for another five years, no thanks to my family, who parasited and attacked me, even as I bailed them out and supported them, which is a story that I do want to get into publicly, but some was criminal and every bit as despicable as what that former friend did.  I have no contact with my immediate family, and don’t plan to again.  Godzilla and friends were minor nuisances compared to what my friends and family did.  

But 2007 was the beginning of a new chapter in my journey, when I began studying in earnest for what became my big essay and current efforts, and that story comes next.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

So, 2007 was when I began burning out at my day job.  A few years earlier, I had my Joe Kennedy moment when I saw bumper stickers advertising free homes, and in 2005 I began telling anybody who would listen about what was coming.  Another, bigger, one is coming.  

After interacting with the founder of the Free Software Movement in July 2006, Dennis’s arriving at my home in September, and the clouds of my midlife crisis parting soon afterward, with a therapist’s help, I read Greer’s latest book and wrote an essay about it in December.  And in late 2006, I began to become active again with the public, and began joining forums where I saw my work being discussed.  Without exception, I was attacked.  Mr. Skeptic attacked within days, as he closely monitored all Internet activity related to me, which is more evidence that he was a professional.  I had been quiet for five years, but as soon as I began to interact with the public again, there he was, slinging his mud.  I joined ATS and the trolls swarmed, with one xxxxx camping on my thread, and ATS kicked me out as the trolls attacked, which lends credence to the idea that it is a disinformation mill, and one New Age forum unceremoniously erased an entire section devoted to my work soon after a visit from Mr. Skeptic.  I then decided that the only forum that I would participate in would be mine, in a xxxxx-free zone.  

In early 2007, Keith Lampe and I began communicating, and it was due to Brian.  Brian was living in exile in South America, that mutiny at NEM kicked him out of it, and when I published this essay in the summer of 2007, it fully brought Brian back into my life, as he said it was the best thing that he had seen in “a long time.”  I was one of the few at NEM who acquitted themselves honorably, and Brian recognized it.  Between Brian and Keith, in early 2008 I had my first published interview.  Adam Trombly went on the show just after I did, which he did again when Scott began interviewing me.  

While the comprehensive phase of my study and writing “career” began with reading Bucky in early 2003, it was not until my midlife crisis had passed that I began studying with my big essay in mind, and everything that I read from 2007 onward was in preparation for writing my big essay.  If you had asked me back in 2007 if I would ask for time off from my job to write that essay, I would have likely been dubious, but if I had thought about it, I was never able to write anything big while I was working a day job.  All of my essays since I published my 2002 site were 10-20 page affairs or shorter, and usually took weeks or months of my “spare” time to write.  When I wrote my lessons learned essay (which is really a prelude to this series of posts) beginning in 2009 as a letter to Brian, it took me nearly a year to finish it.  Around the time that I wrote that essay, I happened upon a book published by Shell Oil, of all companies, that helped evolve the Epochal framework of the human journey half of my big essay.

In early 2009, I had a joint interview with Brian with Bill and Kerry, which is when my second stint of collaboration with Brian began.  As with Dennis, I was the only person outside of Brian’s family that he trusted.  He tried to get me to join a free energy effort involving scientists and inventors, and I declined.  Been there, done that.  Just as we were preparing for that interview, Dennis was in the news again, in the process of being run out of the USA, after the robber barons got involved again.  That the sitting president’s energy advisor was one of Dennis’s fans meant nothing.  As I read the FTC’s charges, I thanked my lucky stars that I rejected Dennis’s offer to get involved with him again.  I had enough of that for a lifetime, and Dennis did not seem to know anything different than mounting a business effort.  It won’t work, not on this planet at this time.  

In the spring of 2009, as I was being evicted from my home by my landlord because he lost his job at Microsoft and had to sell the house (after being run out of my previous home by the Love Israel hippie cult - the downsides of renting…), Brian asked me to help him write a DOE proposal.  I wrote my parts (the big picture and further obstacles parts) as I was literally boxing up my library for the move, but as I was doing it, I thought back to my speeches at DOE hearings a dozen years earlier and wondered what Brian thought that we were going to accomplish, and their swift dismissal was no surprise.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

To briefly return to Chris’s observation on heroes, he is right that the only role that a hero should aspire to is inspiring others to find their inner heroes.  That does not mean taking on the “bad guys,” but just doing the decent thing.  I have known some of the greatest “heroes” on Earth, and what they had in common was just wanting to do the decent thing, those overgrown Boy Scouts.  But in a world of scarcity and fear, where personal integrity is the scarcest commodity, such people are few and far between, and during their lives on Earth, they are usually vilified, attacked, and come to grim ends, to only be lionized after they are gone.  An apt aphorism is that societies honor their dead rebels and live conformists.  All that you have to do to be a “hero” is just care.  That leads to all the rest.  But martyred heroes are not going to make the biggest event in the human journey happen.  We already have enough of those, and their journeys can help those behind them understand how the land lies, and what the path to success might be.  That is a major point of my work, to keep the people I seek free of the many pitfalls that beckon, waiting to swallow up the naïve, the “heroic,” and so on.   

Best,

Wade

Hi:

In late 2010, the relentlessness of my job really began taking its toll, and I developed chest pains.  In early 2011, I went to a doctor, for one of the only times in my life and the only time in the past 20 years.  He was a heart specialist, and I went through the testing, including a treadmill test with an ultra-sound, and he almost laughed at me.  I maxed out their treadmill, and I had about the biggest heart that he had seen, in a good way.  Hikers like me are generally not heart attack candidates, as long as I can keep the weight off and not become a fat(ter :) ) old man, and it has been a struggle.  It was just stress-related, which is not unusual for people my age in those kinds of positions.  A co-worker about my age landed in the hospital a couple of times with the same symptoms before he decided that he needed to get out of that environment and get into a slower lane, and he has.  Corporate America chews you up and spits you out.

Kind of ironically, it was also during the greatest earning years of my life, when for the first time, money stresses vanished.  I was making some righteous high-tech money.  It was a wonderful feeling, and a preview of what all people will feel in the Fifth Epoch.  Survival stresses will simply disappear, and it can’t come too soon.

I spent $70K on my family in those years, supporting and helping them.  For my trouble, I was betrayed, attacked, and so on – the usual.  But I don’t regret helping my family.  My family’s low-integrity and even criminal behavior is what drove me to seek a career break, more than anything else.  No good deeds go unpunished in our insane world, but the silver lining was that I wrote my big essay on that break.  I could not have done it while working.  It took a year of full-time effort to produce, after a decade of study, in my “spare” time.  Last year’s plan was to take time off from my consulting gig and update my big essay (it will be a significant revision), but, as usual in corporate America, all hell broke loose and I was tasked with holding a key part of the company together, pulling all-nighters and the rest of that fun, and did not have the time to perform that essay update, which will take about a month of effort.  Maybe this year I will be able to.  We’ll see.

Dennis appreciated what I did for him, as did Mr. Professor, as did Brian, as did a few of the other “good guys” on my journey, but my family was not among the appreciative, with all of them acting entitled and worse.  People who help along my effort should not expect any support from their social circles.  It is just what it is, and trying to enlist one’s social circles on this Epochal task is a good way to get ostracized and worse.  I am not playing Wade the Theorist here, but I learned those lessons the hard way, as did my fellow travelers.  When I traded notes with my relatively few fellow travelers, on the betrayals of my friends and family, the standard response was, “Welcome to the club.”  Even my “hippest” pupils just had to go out and proselytize to their social circles, and they all came back to me with tales of ostracism, of relationships wrecked, death threats, and so on.  Then they were sobered up, ready to learn, and put away their bright ideas.  

That bout of chest pains led to some realizations, one of which was that I only have so many good years left in this lifetime, I wanted to make them count, and I have been.  On the living scale, I have been getting it done over the past six years.  I began my career break with a 9,000-mile Bucket List trip, which was wonderful.  A couple of years ago, while hiking one day, I realized that I got my fair share in this lifetime, and everything else is gravy.  When I chased Dennis to Boston and lived in California, Ohio, and New Jersey, I had my doubts about getting my fair share, but the past 20 years in Seattle got me that fair share.  I’ll never surpass my big essay, and that is fine by me.  Updating that essay periodically, like a college textbook, building the choir, and getting in some hiking, making a living and playing the dutiful husband is all that I have on my plate, and all that I plan to have for the rest of my life.  I’ll take my nephew backpacking until Uncle Wade is too old to do it anymore, and with luck, that day is at least 15 years from now.  

At the same time that I was deciding to make my last years count, Brian also knew that the end was near.  During 2009, as I helped Brian write that DOE proposal, write the email to him that became my lessons learned essay, which Brian called “premier material,” and he was planning to promote my approach before he died, the issue of Brian’s biographies came up.  He was the only astronaut without a biography on NASA’s site, and his biography at Wikipedia was execrable.  I offered to do his biographies, and he took me up on it.  He also may have suggested it.  It just came up during our collaborations.  I have written about that NASA bio process elsewhere, so won’t belabor it.  For strategic reasons, I decided to do the NASA bio first, and that was an adventure, and right after it was published, a leading space “skeptic” tried to debunk Brian’s Martian credentials, which led to this section of Brian’s bio on my site.  

Brian had his last heart attack in the summer of 2010, which hastened his life’s end, soon after that NASA experience, and I began working on his Wikipedia bio about when he had his heart attack.  Dealing with Wikipedia’s “editors” was an unpleasant process, to put it mildly.  I was leery of the process for years before I began working on Brian’s Wikipedia bio.  By the end of 2010, I was finished with his Wikipedia bio, and battling with the “editors” who kept trying to make his bio about the Moon landings issue and other distractions, which resulted in what truly became Brian’s last word on the issue.  The gossipy and xxxxx-ish “editors” of Brian’s Wikipedia bio have now gone away, with Brian’s death, and I can live with his bio as it stands today.  For a limited venue such as Wikipedia, I think that it is a fair rendition of Brian’s life.  I am so happy that I got those bios done while Brian was still alive.  

Just as I was finishing my bio work for Brian, along came Bill, who learned the same forum lessons that I did, and began Avalon in its current incarnation.  Not just any old xxxxx can join up, which has kept Avalon a peaceful venue, and I have been here for six happy years.  It is time for my annual donation to Avalon, and I just did it, reminding myself of my tenure.    

My readers have remarked on it, and I also get contacted privately, which is not visible at Avalon, but about once a month somebody stumbles into my work and contacts me, through either posting at Avalon or contacting me privately, who is new to the issue and comes dragging a pile of New Age, conspiracist, and other baggage, which they have to jettison if they are going to begin to understand.  They are almost all scientifically illiterate, too, so much of the “fringe” baggage that they drag to me, or axes that they grind, are pure rubbish, much of it at the gossip/disinformation level, the chaff of the fringes.  When I make it clear that I am not here to sort through their baggage and dig through the piles of chaff that they present to me, they leave, and almost always courteously, usually by going silent.  That is a far cry from what I got in all-comers forums that discussed my work, and I can only appreciate it.

But as nice as Avalon is, I need to have a far more focused effort if my plan is going to have a prayer, and I turned down kind offers to have a section of Avalon devoted to an invitee-only section of it, and began my own forum.  Bill does not need that kind of pressure, and so far, mounting my own forum has been easy, with a little help from my friends, whom I often met through Avalon.  

Right now, my forum is largely The Wade Show, but it won’t always be so.  I have devoted the rest of my life’s “spare” time to this pursuit, and I never expected it to begin quickly.  So far, the only choir candidates have been reading my work for years, up to 20 years, and have a good idea of what I am trying to accomplish.  

I sort of ran ahead with this post, and will back up to discuss more of the lessons learned in recent years, but this series of posts is drawing to an end, after more than two hundred of them.  The end is in sight now, but I am not quite there yet.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

I want to back up to when Brian came back into my life.  During those three years of almost no contact, Brian was kicked out of NEM, and I am not sure when it happened, but it was likely not long after Brian moved to South America, probably within a year.  When I left, I wished them the best, but it looked like they were heading nowhere, and fast, and I did my best to not think about NEM.  When I wrote that essay in the summer of 2007, which brought Brian back into my life, it was not long before he informed me about what happened at NEM.  That famous free energy scientist who joined up, replacing me on the board, led a mutiny against Brian.  Specifically, they wanted to muzzle him.  It seemed to be a cousin to the ridicule that Brian received over Lapis Pig.

Whatever one wanted to say about Brian, he was no slouch as an author.  During my NEM days, when Brian would write an article, or when he was doing an interview, those were happy moments for me.  He was my favorite free energy spokesman, and getting him visibility was my primary purpose at NEM.  On the left side of his home page are writings that he made in his last years.  He also had a blog.  It was good stuff.  

Brian saw himself and me as a team of equals, even back at the founding of NEM, while I saw myself more as his spear-carrier, as I had been with Dennis.  While Brian had left the scientific and scholarly style largely behind as he wrote, I was going in the other direction, with my scholarly, and later scientific, writings.  Brian saw that we complemented each other.  Also, unlike Brian or anybody else at NEM, I had been through the free energy meat grinder, with the perspective that only that kind of experience can develop.  Brian’s was a vital voice, and he wanted NEM’s site to be an outlet for his writings, but that free energy scientist thought differently, so he, that parasite board member, and another new member whom I never met, mounted a mutiny that silenced Brian and kicked him out of NEM.  When Brian informed me of what happened, he offered to provide the evidence of it, but I had seen enough of that over the years and did not want or need to see his evidence.  He was on the outside looking in, and that was all that I needed to know.  

During those years, another free energy scientist who had privately ridiculed and attacked Brian ended up largely running NEM.  Brian was out, and his assailants ran the show.  Typical.  Even Mr. Skeptic moved into the inner circle, which was surreal.  Brian told me that it was the second time that he was kicked out of an organization that he founded.  I watched Dennis get his company stolen twice (1, 2), and I was his partner the second time.  Brian asked me if maybe the CIA had infiltrated NEM.  I replied that anything was possible, but that I doubted it.  What happened at NEM was typical, in our low-integrity world.  While it was possible that the CIA or Godzilla might have been involved in wrecking NEM, it was at most one provocateur who easily manipulated the others, but I doubt that Godzilla or the CIA was involved, although I strongly suspect that plenty more than met the eye happened with Mallove’s murder.  I really did not see anybody like Bill or Ken at NEM, although I was not there for the mutiny.  From what I knew of the mutineers, they were just typical players in the milieu, not on somebody’s payroll.  That is what low-integrity looks like, which I have witnessed innumerable times during my journey.  

In early 1986, before I met Dennis, you could not have convinced me of what I was about to learn over the next three years, but by the time that I met Gary Wean, nothing about human behavior could ever surprise me again.  What happened at NEM was mild, as far as I was concerned, but Brian was miffed, to put it lightly.  

Dark pathers, AKA psychopaths and sociopaths, comprise only a few percent of humanity, and most people will not go out of their way to hurt people, but they will not go out of their way to help them, either.  Most people are just trying to survive and temporarily sate their addictions, but their personal integrity is low enough so that it does not take much to entice them to betray others.  What my family and friends did to me was normal, but the perils and temptations in the free energy milieu are orders of magnitude beyond what people typically encounter in their daily lives, so extreme behaviors become normal in that field, as the idea of free energy becomes like The One Ring dropped into a den of Orcs.  Oh, what I have seen people do.  In that light, Brian’s being kicked out the organization that he founded was just a day at the office in the free energy field.

While what happened at NEM was not a big surprise to me, and I got the clues of what lied ahead in my first hour at Brian’s home back in June 2003, when a brief account of my adventures was received like I was crazy, one thing happened from the NEM experience that informs my efforts today: I will never be involved with another free energy mass movement again.  I learned my lessons, from my stints with Dennis, my independent efforts, and the NEM experience finally got it out of my system, which pleased my wife.  The social approach is never going to work.  Exactly why it was not going to work I could not articulate until I developed my Epochal Event framework several years later, and was deeply into the study that led to my big essay.  Sociality is adaptive, and people operating from social consciousness are seeking in-group acceptance and survival, which means that self-service is their overriding motivation.  That mentality is worse than worthless for making an Epochal Event happen, especially the biggest event in the human journey.  Humanity’s social managers have long possessed the technology that the Fifth Epoch will be based upon, if humanity survives that long, but the issue is one of integrity and sentience, not technology and sociality.  The masses are not going to be talked into making the Fifth Epoch happen.  They will only begin to understand when they can experience it, just like with the other Epochal Events.  Talking up free energy to one’s social circles is like trying to describe the Industrial Revolution and the evils of slavery to a Londoner in 1720: you would have been regarded as insane.  Only combined positive intention by people with sufficient sentience and integrity has a prayer, IMO.

I was finally able to articulate what about Dennis’s approach, which was evident the day that I met him, was not going to work for what we tried to accomplish.  People whose “skin in the game” was waiting for somebody to deliver Earth-shaking technology to into their laps or homes, for free, are useless for making an Epochal Event happen.  

People primarily motivated by self-interest are effortlessly defeated by a little organized suppression, and when the issue is free energy, almost everybody turns into Orcs lusting after The One Ring, and the entire effort readily collapses in a bloody orgy of greed and fear, and Godzilla just needs to stand back and watch, eating popcorn and chuckling.  Heck, NEM was non-profit, and look at what happened.  

Best,

Wade

Hi:

I have written about how my views changed during my journey, from my earliest days of imagining changing the energy industry to my years with Dennis, to my studies for my site, and the NEM experience was important for me, in a few ways.  

When I became Dennis’s partner, I doubt that either one of us had even heard of Nikola Tesla, and other than hearing about Joe Newman, we certainly did not know about a free energy field, and the free energy inventors and aspirants since Tesla.  I had no idea that Dennis had just mounted the greatest run ever made to bring alternative energy to the American marketplace.

During the Ventura disaster, with the tales of woe coming to our door, and hearing about Sparky Sweet’s story soon before I left my home town, I began waking up to the milieu that we had stumbled into.  Within months of moving to Ohio, I was interacting with people in the free energy field and met Brian in 1991, as he was just getting his feet wet in the field.  My years of study after Ventura were an eye-opener in many ways.  If not for my years with Dennis, I would have likely not embarked on those years of study.  During those years, I learned plenty about our professional ancestors in the free energy field, as well as many aspects of our world that are starkly different from how they are popularly presented.  I got to see the medical racket at work before I left Ventura, and soon after reaching Ohio, I learned how the booklet that saved my father’s life was banned in the USA, The Land of the Free.

But those lessons were only contours of a much larger framework that I was developing, which included how the USA’s imperial ways are misrepresented to the extent that genocide, continental criminality, and other immense crimes are either swept under the carpet or turned into heroic feats, with genocidists literally becoming saints.  I discovered that the “news” that I read every day for 20 years was little more than a string of lies, and I got a taste of that as soon as I met Dennis, and it reached surreal levels by the end of my first stint with him.  I had my real-world anthropology lesson during those years with Dennis, and it was not the kind of education that you can buy.  It was only many years later, as I studied professional anthropology, that I could put what I learned from those days about humanity into an articulate framework.

During my prison-risking second stint with Dennis, some key suspicions became virtual certainties, and I was forever inoculated against the inventor’s/businessman’s approach to free energy.  In the USA, it is the most tried and most doomed approach of all.  By my second stint with Dennis, I was well aware of the free energy milieu, and those with the right stuff were few and far between.  I was also aware that the technologies that those garage tinkerers and scientists were chasing had probably been developed to a commercial level before I was born.  Most of what can be seen on the public stage today is the leftovers.  The good stuff was removed from view almost immediately, and when free inventors declare themselves to be the Messiah or Second Coming, Godzilla must break into gales of laughter.  

Several years later, I saw Greer’s Disclosure Project witnesses describing what my friend had seen, and listening to Greer speak about his adventures gained him credibility with me, as he was describing situations that my circle had already experienced.  That does not make Greer fit for the attempt that he is making, but nobody is fit for that, as far as making that approach bear fruit.  My hat is off to him for trying, but I have very strong doubts that his mass movement approach will work.  The masses are not oriented in the way that is needed for success with that approach.  

At NEM, I interacted with some of the big names of the milieu, other board members were very connected to them, and Brian was the most connected of all, by far.  He was the most visible member of the free energy milieu, and like Dennis, he was a man of the people and had a very wide social net.  I got to see the milieu in a way that I had not done before, and other than Brian and a few others, I was decidedly unimpressed.  What I began to suspect about the field’s arrested development became a certainty during my NEM days.  Free energy scientists and inventors are a dime a dozen, and almost none of them ever had the right stuff.  I never met an altruistic inventor, much less an altruistic free energy inventor.  It is reasonable to want to be fairly compensated for one’s efforts, but the free energy field is not a place to have that expectation met.  

Almost everything that I have done in the field was for free, and that was the easy part.  I sacrificed my life to it, and it was wrecked in ways that I may never be able to publicly reveal.  That just comes with the territory.

I was done with free energy scientists and inventors, done with the businessman’s approach, and in the wake of the NEM fiasco, I was done with all mass movement efforts.  They simply don’t have a prayer in today’s environment.  All of the failed approaches that I listed were ones that I was either part of, heard about through trading notes with fellow travelers, watched as they unfolded, or read or heard about later, and not just once each for each failed approach, but several times each, at minimum.  

The aftermath of the NEM experience is where the seeds of my current approach were planted.  It was not until 2010 that I began seeing free energy in Epochal terms, nearly 40 years after my journey began.  So, I am sympathetic to people who have difficulty wrapping their minds around the concepts that I present.  But I seek the few who are able and willing to understand, and they are needles in haystacks.  

The magnitude of free energy easily overwhelms people’s egos, especially if they are not grounded, and my big essay can be seen as one big attempt to ensure that those involved with me are grounded.  Within a comprehensive framework, free energy can be seen in terms that can keep people grounded.  

Best,

Wade

Hi:

One of the most important lessons that I learned during my journey was that of discernment.  It related to many areas of my perspective, from the scientific and scholarly to the mystical to the fringes, to seeing who had the right stuff and who didn’t, too seeing what worked and what didn’t, and why.  There is a mountain of chaff out there, in all directions.  Sifting the wheat from the chaff takes long, hard work.  In a world of scarcity and fear, everybody is selling, and if they sell schlock, so be it, as long as there are suckers lining up to buy it.  The schlock-selling also has a range of awareness by the sellers, from teachers uncritically selling their students the fairy tales of American nationalism to scientists unconsciously producing experimental “results” that their patrons want to see, to historians doing the same as they sift through the documentary record, to outright dark path fraud, often genocidal fraud, perpetrated on behalf of their “customers.”  My former company was one of those “suckers” to what Wall Street was selling, and instead of filling up prisons with Wall Street executives, they got bailed out, and the pitifully weak laws erected after that meltdown are now in the process of being scuttled.  On the consumer side, there is also a spectrum of awareness, from brainless gullibility to self-righteous justification, to unconscious “confirmation bias” to a keen awareness of nature of the lies, cleverly parroted so that the parrots can appear to honestly hold their untenable positions.  I have seen it all over the years.  

As I write this, there is the usual pile of books and magazines beside my bed, and clean-up time is not far off, so that I can start over again.  That pile includes recent issues of Scientific American and Z Magazine, books on epigenetics, chimps, bonobos, and political, conspiratorial, and afterlife topics, a book on how the species were dispersed across the planet, and fantasy literature.  

That book on species dispersal (The Monkey’s Voyage) is typical of popular science works that I have digested over the years, in that the author takes pains to show his readers how science is far from some noble quest for the truth, with new hypotheses and evidence triumphing, to be immediately acknowledged by the scientific community.  In fact, it almost never happens that way.  Scientists are human, and they behave just like all professionals, in that there are ideals of practice, but which are readily cast aside in the quest for money, fame, power, and other self-serving perks.  

All professions prostitute themselves to the prevailing winds of wealth and power, sadly.  Where there is less at stake (such as the story of the journey of life on Earth), then there is a better chance of getting relatively impartial information, but where huge vested interests are at stake, the truth is often turned upside-down, and far too many people are eager to sell their souls.  Fluoridation is one example of many, in which professionals consciously worked on behalf of the forces of darkness, selling their souls, and suckered in others who were eager to believe the lies, used the power structure to silence their critics, and reality was turned upside down, as a hazardous industrial waste received a makeover to become compulsory “medicine.”  The Global Warming “debate” is another ongoing example.  

There is no end to that kind of fraud perpetrated by the Establishment, but the fringes are filled with the same kind of behavior, but those hucksters only prey upon their gullible audiences, who are usually some small portion of the population.  Some is relatively benign, such as Paul Bragg’s lies about his background and age, while other kinds of fraud can be deadly.  I have seen my Bragg essay dismissed by his fans because I am a “conspiracy theorist.”  The only credible challenge to that essay is going to be proving that the documents that I produced are not genuine, and good luck with that.  Dismissing me as a “conspiracy theorist,” without dealing with the documents that I present, is the argument of the mindless, at best, but I have encountered such criticisms and dismissals countless times over the years, coming both from orthodoxy and the fringes.  Some dismissers and critics are simply irrational and unconscious, but others are calculating in their seeming stupidity, only trying to gull the undiscerning who are looking for an excuse, no matter how flimsy, to adhere to their self-serving beliefs.  

Sharpening our tools of discernment is critical for living our lives, whether it is in orthodoxy or the fringes.  I have written plenty about the Velikovsky issue and won’t belabor it, but one area of Holocene catastrophist theorizing is that Antarctica was ice-free in historical times.  One piece of “evidence” is the Piri Reis map.  It is not evidence at all, but today there is ongoing “exposure” of some ancient civilization discovered in the Antarctic ice sheets, and the exposer uses the Piri Reis map in his arsenal of “evidence.”  Anybody with the slightest scientific literacy knows how idiotic the idea of an ice-free Antarctica in historical times is.  There is an awesome body of scientific evidence that Antarctica began growing its ice sheets at least 35 million years ago (it has been growing it and losing it for hundreds of millions of years).  

Antarctica’s ice sheets have waxed and waned over the past 35 million years, but since the mid-Miocene cooling, when Greenland also began growing its ice sheets, Antarctica’s ice sheets have been healthy, spanning the continent.  To cite ancient maps of dubious provenance, and ignore a vast and highly impressive body of scientific evidence, is the huckster style that I am all too familiar with, but my email inbox has been getting regular reports on the buried Antarctic “city,” which is nothing but a YouTube video, replete with music and fancy graphics, with virtually no supporting evidence other than some self-confessed “whistleblower” who is gulling his willing dupes with something worthy of the Weekly World News.  I can hardly believe that people keep sending me that kind of rubbish.  When I reply with links to the scientific evidence, I get silence in return, until the next email on that amazing “discovery.”

Next will be an important issue, on how even Einstein can be wrong, as he helped promote Hapgood’s Pole Shift Hypothesis, which partly relied on the Piri Reis map and was formed before the science of plate tectonics arose.  Einstein would be the first today to deny the validity of Hapgood’s Pole Shift Hypothesis, just as he would deny that there was much, if anything, to Velikovsky’s hypothesis.  Hypotheses come and go.  That is normal science at work, but those hypotheses never made it over the hump to scientific acceptance in the first place.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

A book I am reading, The Monkey’s Voyage, deals with the issue of how Earth’s species came to be distributed across the planet as they are.  I’ll have more to say when I finish it, but a third of the way into it, it is partly an account of some rather scandalous episodes in mainstream science, albeit on the far margins, in which some scientists argued for humans and dinosaurs co-existing, just like in the cartoons.  That bizarre idea arose from a dogma around the notion that species’ migrating between the continents has never happened to any significant degree.  That is really out there, especially for credentialed scientists, but shows how crazy little cottage industries can arise within the scientific establishment.  

The distribution of the species across the planet is something that greatly concerned Darwin, and there were many mysteries of distribution that did not begin to become clear until the rise of plate tectonics in the 1960s.  The man who first proposed moving continents in a scientific hypothesis had it dismissed for generations before various lines of evidence revived it.  It is one of the many episodes in science in which impressive evidence was provided for something happening, but not understanding why.  For evidence to be dismissed because it can’t be explained is one of mainstream science’s shortcomings.  Unexplained evidence is what led to theories such as relativity.

What was also interesting in The Monkey’s Voyage is that while Wegener’s evidence was completely dismissed in the USA, it had somewhat of an audience in Europe, and this is not the first time that I have seen where the USA was “behind” other nations in accepting scientific evidence, partly because the USA had a kind of instrument fetish, and to a degree still does.  The toolset of science is vitally important, but it is not the be-all, end-all.  Darwin’s theories became a dogma, and studying mass extinctions was a taboo in the USA and Great Britain for more than a century, but Continental Europe was more open to the idea.  

What so many popular science works I have read over the years make clear is that science is a social process, arguably as much as it is about instruments, evidence, and hypotheses.  As Einstein once said, our theories partly determine what we can see.  There are entire fields of science that are fraudulent, such as fluoridation, as vested interests triumphed (once again, in the USA more than anyplace else).  

I bring this up as a continuation of my previous post.  Until the rise of plate tectonics, pole shifts were proposed for certain evidence, and Hapgood should have been about the last of them, but wasn’t.  To this day, aspects of his hypothesis survive on the fringes, and one of the wackiest of them is that Antarctica was ice-free in historical times, and much of it hinges on old maps, such as the Piri Reis map, which are a very far cry from evidence that Antarctica was ice-free in historical times.  A recent revival of long-discredited hypotheses is Gavin Menzies’s work, which is something worthy of the tabloids, but garnered a huge popular following, with its enthusiasts not far removed from people believing that Old Testament tales are the literal truth.  

With those scientists in The Monkey’s Tale, they went to the other extreme.  According to the most extreme members of that club, only plate tectonics can explain the distribution of Earth’s species.  So, there was no founder group that left Africa and conquered Earth, but Homo sapiens lived on all of the continents, back when dinosaurs roamed Earth.  Yes, credentialed scientists advocate that.  The Monkey’s Voyage deals with one of the most remarkable cases of dispersion, which was how monkeys crossed from Africa to South America.  Rodents did, too.

To this day, I encounter self-admittedly scientific illiterate people who dismiss the corpus of scientific evidence in favor of Hapgood, Velikovsky, Menzies, and the like.  Hapgood and Velikovsky had Einstein’s gracious attention, but Einstein would be the first today to deny the validity of their hypotheses.  Einstein noted that every theory is eventually “killed by a fact,” and he expected that his theories would one day become obsolete, but that the best parts of them would survive in the succeeding theories.  But the followers of Hapgood, Velikovsky, Hancock, Menzies, and the like seem unacquainted with the idea that theories can fall by the wayside, dealt a mortal blow by the evidence, and the validity of the work of those authors has died a million deaths at the hands of the evidence.  The evidence is robust and overwhelming that Antarctica has been under a sheet of ice for at least 10 million years.  What we see today is the lowest ebb of Antarctica’s ice sheets in the past million years, not some icy condition that suddenly appeared several centuries ago.  

I am going to deal with some of the evidence that turns those popular works into pure fantasy, and show the fascinating direction of current scientific work on related topics.  

Best,

Wade

Edited by Wade Frazier

Hi:

The science of plate tectonics did not exist until the late 1950s, when scientists began amassing evidence of it, beyond the work of Wegener and others, particularly the evidence of seafloor spreading at the volcanic rifts in the mid-Atlantic and mid-Pacific ridges.  Key evidence was the reversal of magnetic orientation of iron particles in the cooled magma on both sides of the rifts.  Its pattern was like tiger stripes, which not only gave evidence that Earth’s magnetic pole flips, but that the rifts produce seafloor that expands toward the continents.  When that seafloor reaches the continents, after up to a 200-million-year journey, moving toward them at the rate that fingernails grow, the heavier oceanic plates are subducted below the lighter continental plates, and get “recycled” into Earth’s mantle.  That is the key dynamic of plate tectonics.  

Those subduction zones are where the greatest earthquakes happen, such as the Ring of Fire around the edges of the Pacific Ocean.  Particularly impressive are seafloor mountain chains, especially the one that the Hawaiian Islands form the terminus of.  Today’s satellite technology can measure the rates of movement of the tectonic plates, and when samples were brought up and tested from that Hawaiian mountain chain, their age confirmed the rates of movement that are being measured.  Science is full of independent lines of evidence that converge, and when lines match up like that, and are easily reproduced, the findings are virtually impossible to fairly deny.  

Plate tectonics is a relatively young science, and a recent finding that part of the Tethyan seafloor may have not been subducted is tantalizing.  That finding will not rewrite the geology textbooks, but shows how some plates, or portions of them, could get isolated and stay afloat.  Earth’s surface is like a pot of boiling oatmeal, and the energy of radioactive decay is driving the process.  Today, it is thought that in a billion years or so, Earth’s radioactivity will decline to the extent that plate tectonics will cease, Earth will become geologically dead, like the Moon and Mars are, and Earth will consequently lose its life.  The oceans will boil away, and Earth will eventually be consumed by a growing Sun as it becomes a red giant.  None of us needs to worry about that, but Earth’s life cycle is likely going to look something like that, and that is normal in our universe.  

Measuring geomagnetism in ancient lava flows, dating them, and matching them up with nearby fossils, most of which were discovered long before radioactive dating or the science of plate tectonics, along with a great deal of other evidence, allowed maps such as these to be constructed of Earth’s recent past, on the geological timescale.  In that context, the fossil record makes more sense every year, new discoveries are constantly being made, and the journey of life on Earth is being told with ever-greater precision, although there will be no end to what will be discovered, and more paradigm shifts are ahead of us.  Today, there is plenty of work on true polar wander, which is helping scientists better understand some of the ancient evidence, but it is anything but a revival of Hapgood’s hypothesis.

With the finds in China over the past generation, there is no longer any reasonable doubt among scientists that birds are dinosaurs, or are directly descended from them, if you want to say it that way, and many bird behaviors were dinosaur behaviors.  Dinosaurs brooded their eggs, lived in herds and rookeries, and scientists can even tell what color their feathers were.  It is amazing what scientists, with their increasingly sophisticated toolset, and ingenious ways of using them, are able to decipher about Earth’s past.  

There is plenty of debate, but what has often happened is that new “crazy” ideas get attacked and discarded, but many years later, as the evidence improved, the “crazy” ideas became embraced by scientists, with some scientists receiving posthumous recognition.   Areas of the wacky fringe became the mainstream view, and could even become the next dogma.  At least in some corners, scientists seem to be slowly learning to not get too attached to their theories, as they can die a quick death at the hand of new facts.

Where vested interests interfere, however, science has been set back considerably.  The physics behind the technologies that my friend was shown turns today’s physics textbooks into doorstops, but the people running the world keep a tight rein on such technologies.  Scientists rarely lead the way to technological advances.  The technological breakthroughs happen first, via inventors, and the scientists come along later, to describe how they work.  That is the case today with Brown’s Gas, in that current scientific theory cannot explain how it does what it does, and enterprising scientists have run experimental results through mass spectrometers and scratch their heads, and that college kid who proposed a new quantum state to explain it is doing the kind of work that Nobel Prizes are awarded for, but the political winds keep the lid on findings like his.  

As I look back on my learning curve on these issues, it was a long, winding road, which began when I was knee-high, continued into my scientific prodigy years, to my mystical awakening, to that voice in my head changing my studies from science to business, to it then leading me to Dennis, to my wild ride with him, to years of study in my radicalized state, to the study that resulted in my site, after my second stint with Dennis, to another decade of study, increasingly scientific in nature and consciously comprehensive, in preparation for writing my big essay, and that study continues today, as I study for essay updates, increasingly fleshing out my work.  I will be studying the topics in my big essay until I take my last breath.  If nothing else, it keeps my brain active.  

There is a definite method to my madness, and bringing up that latest Antarctic “city” rubbish highlights an aspect of it: people whose awareness of scientific issues extends no further than some YouTube presentation are easily distracted by the latest tabloid headline or gossip.  Over the years, scientifically illiterate people have challenged me on Global Warming, that there is even a geological timescale, and other topics, but they can’t even begin to credibly defend their positions, and can only parrot some YouTube rumor or vent their conspiracist “suspicions.”  Such people can’t be part of what I am doing.  People have to raise their games far above those levels, or my effort will only become more New Age/conspiracist chaff, and there is plenty of that out there already.  I am doing something different.

Best,

Wade