History of California

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Pamela Brown

Pamela Brown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:2013 JFKLancer NID, Dallas, TX, "MIdnight Blue to Black -- the Vanishing Act of the JFK Presidential Limousine In Broad Daylight
    2008 Documentary Inside the Target Car, limo researcher
    2004 documentary on the JFK Assassination Presidential Limousine SS-100-X "Behind the Headlights -- Presidential Limo" aired on the SPEED channel . Also aired 2005
    2001 "SS-100-X" in CAR CRASH CULTURE, Palgrave/McMillan.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

I am as impressed now as when I lived there with the acceptance of diversity and just complete genius that abounds there. It is almost like a separate country to me; I know when I am there the most unexpected things will happen, and the most magical surprises as well.

I love California. As you say, it is like a separate country. But so is New England. It always annoys me when people generalize about the United States. As the name suggests, it is really a collection of different countries that are as different to each other as is Europe.

I suppose. Growing up in Fairfield, Connecticut, about 50 miles east of NYC, I was frustrated with the density of the population and the fact that they didn't even have a major league football or baseball team. Everything about CT was so tiny, I was embarrassed.

Fortunately, we had family in the Midwest, so managed to escape the frightfully hot and humid summers. But now, when I return to visit, I can appreciate the beauty of the Long Island Sound I used to dislike because the waves were so small, and the wonderful landscape and heritage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users