The Education Forum

Sterling Hayden and the Assassination of John F. Kennedy

John Simkin

The actor Sterling Hayden, was one of the first famous people to come out as a critic of the Warren Commission. Hayden supported Mark Lane in his attempts to reopen the case and joined the Citizens Committee of Inquiry. Lane pointed out in Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK (1991): "Having almost exhausted the available traditional resources, I turned toward an informal network that had been established years before... I formed an organization... the Citizens Committee of Inquiry. Its purpose, from the time it was founded in 1964, was to bring together people interested in securing the facts about the death of the president. It was clear that an extraordinary response was required to meet the effort of the police and spy organizations to offer a sanitized solution to the murder and to discourage serious inquiry."

Interestingly, Hayden had worked with several future members of the CIA when he was a member of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) during the Second World War. Hayden also acted in the conspiracy film, Winter Kills (1979), that is based loosely on the JFK assassination.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAhaydenST.htm

John - thanks for posting this - I had no idea. Sterling Hayden played the memorable Col. Jack D. Ripper in Dr. Strangelove, and the crooked police Captain McClusky in The Godfather. His death scene in the Bronx Italian restaurant is indelibly etched in my visual memory.

The actor Sterling Hayden, was one of the first famous people to come out as a critic of the Warren Commission. Hayden supported Mark Lane in his attempts to reopen the case and joined the Citizens Committee of Inquiry. Lane pointed out in Plausible Denial: Was the CIA Involved in the Assassination of JFK (1991): "Having almost exhausted the available traditional resources, I turned toward an informal network that had been established years before... I formed an organization... the Citizens Committee of Inquiry. Its purpose, from the time it was founded in 1964, was to bring together people interested in securing the facts about the death of the president. It was clear that an extraordinary response was required to meet the effort of the police and spy organizations to offer a sanitized solution to the murder and to discourage serious inquiry."

Interestingly, Hayden had worked with several future members of the CIA when he was a member of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) during the Second World War. Hayden also acted in the conspiracy film, Winter Kills (1979), that is based loosely on the JFK assassination.

http://www.spartacus...USAhaydenST.htm

Sterling Hayden and Frank Sinatra starred in the 1954 film Suddenly, an American film noir about a plan to assassinate the President of the United States.

http://en.wikipedia....enly_(1954_film) (When the link appears click the link next to "Did you mean")

Edited by Michael Hogan