The Education Forum

its january, its prediction time.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

Premiership champions, Manchester United, runners up, Arsenal, relegated, Derby, Sunderland, Fulham.

FA Cup Winners, Manchester City, runners up Totenham, Semi Finalists Manchester United, West ham United.

European Cup Winners, Chelsea, Runners up AC Milan, semi finalists, Manchester United, Barcelona.

I'm only doing the big three, as my knowledge of the lower leagues is'nt that great these days.

YOUR TURN. ( Gary, and John)

Guest Gary Loughran
Premiership champions, Manchester United, runners up, Arsenal, relegated, Derby, Sunderland, Fulham.

FA Cup Winners, Manchester City, runners up Totenham, Semi Finalists Manchester United, West ham United.

European Cup Winners, Chelsea, Runners up AC Milan, semi finalists, Manchester United, Barcelona.

I'm only doing the big three, as my knowledge of the lower leagues is'nt that great these days.

YOUR TURN. ( Gary, and John)

Agree on Prem 1 and 2. Derby, Wigan, Bolton

FA Cup Arsenal, RU No idea. Stephen, you do know West Ham and City were playing last night in the cup??

EC - Man U RU - Real

Guest Gary Loughran
Dallas won't be in the Superbowl.

BK

Hi Bill,

...and my team the Fins (the shame, I know) - have now absorbed a substantial number of the Dallas staff into the Miami organisation.

Good thing??

After my other team in BB the Mets meltdown at the end of last season, I'm having a bad time with my teams.

Except the Hammers of course.

Gary

Premiership champions, Manchester United, runners up, Chelsea, relegated, Derby, Wigan, Fulham.

West Ham (6th)

FA Cup Winners, Chelsea, runners up Manchester United, Semi Finalists Arsenal, Manchester City.

European Cup Winners, Manchester United, Runners up Chelsea.

Premiership - Arsenal - runners up Man Ure

Relegated - Derby, Sunderland, Fulham

FA Cup - Man Ure

Champions League - Liverpool

Most of those were obtained when you had Liverpool based players, managers and owners. They even sacked Heighway and brought in Spaniards to run the Academy.

Quite right John - to hell with those foreign devils..... and in this list I include; Rush, Daglish, Whelan, Hansen, Souness, Beglin, Toshack, Cohen, Lawrence (even the flying pig was a foreigner!), St John, Yeats, Grobbelaar, Johnston, Lawrenson , Nicol, Macdonald, Hysen, Cormack, Heighway (ironically born in Dublin), Leishman, Jones (Joey), Houghton, Wark and Molby.

Worthless bastards to a man. Just think what we might have achieved without them :lol::lol::lol:

(I've also heard an ugly rumour that Shankly was in fact not born in Bootle).

Guest Stephen Turner
Champions League - Liverpool

I can possibly help with this delusion, Andy.

get away from me! I've read Goffman :D

I'll leave you to the tender mercies of the Scientologists then.

How highly do you rate Torres. He seems like the real deal to me, damn you.

How highly do you rate Torres. He seems like the real deal to me, damn you.

Very!

I don't understand why he is "rested" so much however - he looks a fit and robust type who should be able to play every match.

On the subject of Scientology and mental health I read a very amusing quote from Golf commentator David Feherty (recovering alcoholic and depressive) about Tom Cruise (looney Scientologist)

"Tom Cruise says there's no such thing as depression, that you can get better with physical exercise. Well, maybe he's right—beating the xxxx out of Tom Cruise would be physical all right, and it would f---in' cheer me up, and a whole lot of other people." :D

Most of those were obtained when you had Liverpool based players, managers and owners. They even sacked Heighway and brought in Spaniards to run the Academy.

Quite right John - to hell with those foreign devils..... and in this list I include; Rush, Daglish, Whelan, Hansen, Souness, Beglin, Toshack, Cohen, Lawrence (even the flying pig was a foreigner!), St John, Yeats, Grobbelaar, Johnston, Lawrenson , Nicol, Macdonald, Hysen, Cormack, Heighway (ironically born in Dublin), Leishman, Jones (Joey), Houghton, Wark and Molby.

Worthless bastards to a man. Just think what we might have achieved without them :lol::lol::lol:

(I've also heard an ugly rumour that Shankly was in fact not born in Bootle).

I did not argue that Liverpool had too many British players. Ever since the Football League started teams have always included a large number of players from Scotland, Wales and Ireland. The first professional team to win the FA Cup (Blackburn Rovers in 1884) included four players from Scotland: John Inglis, Jimmy Douglas, Fergie Suter, and Hugh McIntyre. The rest of the team were local lads.

The first Football League title was won by Preston North End in the 1888-89 season. The team included 5 Scotsmen: George Drummond, John Graham, John Gordon, Jimmy Ross, Samuel Thompson and Robert Mills-Roberts was born in Wales. The rest were from England (three out of the five had been born in Preston).

Shankly was of course from Scotland and brought in several key players from his home country. However, he believed in developing players from the local community. So did the managers who followed Shankly. Liverpool has always been a community-minded club. Heighway was doing a good job with the youngsters, but Rafael Benitez wanted the academy run by Spanish coaches. Even the young boys are imported from Spain. What happens to this set-up when Benitez loses his job? Will they have to replace him with another Spanish coach?