The Education Forum

how do you get these pics of yourself that are small enough to use as avatars?

how do you get these pics of yourself that are small enough to use as avatars?

Resize them in a photo editor. If you haven't got the facility to do this send the photo to me and I'll do it for you :lol:

If you wish to add your photograph. First select a photograph on your hard-drive. Your picture must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. If the width is less than 64 pixels, make a note of its size.

Now go to My Controls (top, right of the screen).

Select ‘Edit Avatar Settings’ (under Personal Profile).

Go to the bottom of the page where it says ‘Upload a new image from your computer’. Click ‘Browse’.

(A box will appear at the top that will show what is on your computer. You now have to find your photograph (best to leave it on your Desktop – if not, find the folder where you have stored it).

Click the image and then click ‘Open’.

Type in the size of your photograph (in pixels)

Now click ‘Update Avatar’. You picture should now appear every time you make a posting.

• 3 weeks later...

hmm - get a pic of 64 pixels? obviously some of you have managed it ...

how do I ... ? I've tried using irfan, cos some one recommended it to me - and I've got Picture it, and have not been able to suss it with either ..

I've even got Adobe elements - and I've never managed to do anything with that, AT ALL!

I do not want to send it to someone to do it for me -- hmm very frustrating!

EDIT - as you can see - job done - it was the adobe reminder that set me on the right track, it actually has it nice and easy in there!

Edited by Susan Wilde

hmm - get a pic of 64 pixels?  obviously some of you have managed it ...

how do I ... ?  I've tried using irfan, cos some one recommended it to me - and I've got Picture it, and have not been able to suss it with either ..

I've even got Adobe elements - and I've never managed to do anything with that, AT ALL!

I do not want to send it to someone to do it for me -- hmm very frustrating!

EDIT - as you can see  - job done - it was the adobe reminder that set me on the right track, it actually has it nice and easy in there!

In the words of Bruce Forsyth, "Nice to see you" :(

The instructions must have been quite clear after all ;)

• 5 years later...

For quite some time I did not have see avatar enabled in my comtrols (top right of midlle) nor did I really give a st what anyone looked like. I'm more interested in what they say. Can't people just assume that the management is on top of things then these issues should be dealt with by PMs.. Wake up. These are real people with real lives.

edit:typo

Edited by John Dolva

For quite some time I did not have see avatar enabled in my comtrols (top right of midlle) nor did I really give a st what anyone looked like. I'm more interested in what they say. Can't people just assume that the manadement is on top of things then these issues should be dealt with by PMs.. Wake up. These are real people with real lives.

I think Bill Byars is just looking for a fight.

Can't somebody accomidate him?

For quite some time I did not have see avatar enabled in my comtrols (top right of midlle) nor did I really give a st what anyone looked like. I'm more interested in what they say. Can't people just assume that the manadement is on top of things then these issues should be dealt with by PMs.. Wake up. These are real people with real lives.

I think Bill Byars is just looking for a fight.

Can't somebody accomidate him?

I do'nt know Mr. Dunne and do not want to fight anyone. I recall some members being mad when I did'nt have a photo, that's all.