The Education Forum

Bob Stovall Does Not Recommend This Man

Hello, based in Edinburgh (bonnie Scotland) I'm posting for the first time, which is a bit of an intimidating experience! I'm not a researcher, just someone with a lifelong interest in the JFK case. As such posts will really just be questions - any answers or information would be really appreciated. Here goes:

The trio of Dallas police officers which searched Ruth Paine's residence on the afternoon of November 23rd 1963, and discovered the backyard photographs, included an officer Richard S. Stovall. As is well known, between October 1962 and April 1963,  Lee Harvey Oswald was employed at the firm of Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall where according to the WC Report he "had done photography work." Do we know if there was any connection between Officer Stovall and the Company: or was it purely a coincidence? if so it would seem quite a strange one.....

Many Thanks 

John 

51 minutes ago, John Lee said:

Do we know if there was any connection between Officer Stovall and the Company: or was it purely a coincidence? if so it would seem quite a strange one.....

Many Thanks 

John 

John,

To the best of knowledge, people who have looked into it have not found any connection between the Richard Stovall, who was a Detective in the Dallas Police Department's Homicide and Robbery Bureau, and the Robert Stovall, who was the President of Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall. Maybe they were distant, distant cousins or something, but I'm pretty sure they had different parents.

Steve Thomas

Steve, many thanks for replying, much appreciated. It's just a question that's nagged at me for a long time. it does seem quite a coincidence. By way of an employment  reference, Robert Stovall would advise a subsequent potential employer of Oswald - Padgett Printing Corp. -  that Oswald was a troublemaker with communistic tendencies. If he had got the position at Padgett would he have been working at the TSBD? The WC to notes that the Padgett plant was "several blocks from President Kennedy's parade route".

Thanks again