The Education Forum

Arrived safely in Dallas. I had no trouble getting into the country. Mind you, I did not tell them I was in Dallas to give a lecture on how the CIA killed JFK.

Strange place. Local television is full of news about local murders. A Dallas cop was killed yesterday. So was a man who complained to his boss about the terms and conditions of his employment. The taxi driver who took me to the hotel told me he had to carry a gun to protect himself from passengers (he patted his gun as he told me). I gave him a generous tip.

However, people are friendly and the service in the hotel is excellent.

Arrived safely in Dallas. I had no trouble getting into the country. Mind you, I did not tell them I was in Dallas to give a lecture on how the CIA killed JFK.

Strange place. Local television is full of news about local murders. A Dallas cop was killed yesterday. So was a man who complained to his boss about the terms and conditions of his employment. The taxi driver who took me to the hotel told me he had to carry a gun to protect himself from passengers (he patted his gun as he told me). I gave him a generous tip.

However, people are friendly and the service in the hotel is excellent.

I always knew Dallas was a city of great innovation. That taxi driver has apparently discovered an ingenious method for improving his tips. I hope Sydney cabbies don't get wind of it.