The Education Forum

Using TASC Thinking Skills

Dan Lyndon

I have just read an excellent book about teaching Thinking Skills at KS2 - 'Using Thinking to Develop Thinking Skills at Key Stage 2' by Belle Wallace. The framework that Belle has developed is called Thinking in an Active Social Context (TASC) and is based on a framework that she has constructed called the problem solving wheel which is briefly explained here. In essence the wheel guides pupils through a series of processes: gather / organise; identify; generate; decide; implement; evaluate; communicate; learn from experience.

Has anyone used this framework in their classroom? if so I would be really interested to read your experiences so please post here. If not then I am going to start using this after I get back to school so will keep updating this.

I have just read an excellent book about teaching Thinking Skills at KS2 - 'Using Thinking to Develop Thinking Skills at Key Stage 2' by Belle Wallace. The framework that Belle has developed is called Thinking in an Active Social Context (TASC) and is based on a framework that she has constructed called the problem solving wheel which is briefly explained here. In essence the wheel guides pupils through a series of processes: gather / organise; identify; generate; decide; implement; evaluate; communicate; learn from experience.

Has anyone used this framework in their classroom? if so I would be really interested to read your experiences so please post here. If not then I am going to start using this after I get back to school so will keep updating this.

Can't help you I'm afraid - I will however follow this thread with interest