The Education Forum

Some members have removed the link in their signature to their biography. Others are lacking a photograph. You have a week to correct this. If you do not do so, you will be placed on moderation and your posts will not become visible until you abide by membership rules.

If you have not yet posted your biography go to:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=37

Click “NEWTOPIC” (top right). Then type in your own name as the “Topic Title”. Write in your biography in the box provided. Then click “Post New Topic” at the bottom of the page.

Once this has been posted you need to obtain the URL of the thread. For example, mine is:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1365

Once you have your biography URL you need to post it in your signature. To do this go to My Controls (top, right of the screen).

On the left-hand side click ‘Edit Signature’ (under Personal Profile).

Now type “Biography” and add your URL in the box provided.

You might also want to add the URL of any website you may have (or wish to support).

Then click “Update my Signature”

Members must also add a photograph as an avatar. First select a photograph on your hard-drive. Your picture must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. If the width is less than 64 pixels, make a note of its size. If you are unable to do this, send me the photograph by email and I will do it for you.

Now go to My Controls (top, right of the screen).

Select ‘Edit Avatar Settings’ (under Personal Profile).

Go to the bottom of the page where it says ‘Upload a new image from your computer’. Click ‘Browse’.

(A box will appear at the top that will show what is on your computer. You now have to find your photograph (best to leave it on your Desktop – if not, find the folder where you have stored it).

Click the image and then click ‘Open’.

Type in the size of your photograph (in pixels)

Now click ‘Update Avatar’. You picture should now appear on the screen. It will now appear every time you make a posting.

Some members have removed the link in their signature to their biography. Others are lacking a photograph. You have a week to correct this. If you do not do so, you will be placed on moderation and your posts will not become visible until you abide by membership rules.

If you have not yet posted your biography go to:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=37

Click “NEWTOPIC” (top right). Then type in your own name as the “Topic Title”. Write in your biography in the box provided. Then click “Post New Topic” at the bottom of the page.

Once this has been posted you need to obtain the URL of the thread. For example, mine is:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1365

Once you have your biography URL you need to post it in your signature. To do this go to My Controls (top, right of the screen).

On the left-hand side click ‘Edit Signature’ (under Personal Profile).

Now type “Biography” and add your URL in the box provided.

You might also want to add the URL of any website you may have (or wish to support).

Then click “Update my Signature”

Members must also add a photograph as an avatar. First select a photograph on your hard-drive. Your picture must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. If the width is less than 64 pixels, make a note of its size. If you are unable to do this, send me the photograph by email and I will do it for you.

Now go to My Controls (top, right of the screen).

Select ‘Edit Avatar Settings’ (under Personal Profile).

Go to the bottom of the page where it says ‘Upload a new image from your computer’. Click ‘Browse’.

(A box will appear at the top that will show what is on your computer. You now have to find your photograph (best to leave it on your Desktop – if not, find the folder where you have stored it).

Click the image and then click ‘Open’.

Type in the size of your photograph (in pixels)

Now click ‘Update Avatar’. You picture should now appear on the screen. It will now appear every time you make a posting.

John-

I have tried to send you (or Andrew, who sends me updates under your signature) an avatar photo to post for me.

I am clueless on posting phots.

Thanks.