The Education Forum

Robert Emmett Johnson

John Simkin

I thought it might be worth starting a new thread on Robert Emmett Johnson.

Hi all,

I've managed to source some background on Robert Emmett Johnson. Parents Raymond and Mary Johnson, two brothers Jack and Bill.

Merchant Marines in 1944, 1948/49 he was with the Marines in Tsingtao China, USMC Press Attache on the FDR during the Korean War, and from here it gets really spooky. Gerry Hemming has spoken a bit about what Johnson and Arturo Espaillat were up to during the early 1960's and then Johnson's involvement in the MLK assassination.

As far as the Kennedy assassination goes, I'm starting to believe Robert Emmett Johnson was a player. To what extent, maybe time will tell.

Robert Emmett Johnson below circa 1944.

John,

Thanks for starting a new thread.

I think Johnson should be someone of enormous interest. While doing some research on him, not only is the possibility quite strong that he and Arturo Espaillat were in Dallas on the day of the assassination, but a French mercenary/assassin named Marc Krausse was there also at the behest of Johnson.

If anyone has any background on Krausse, it would be greatly appreciated.

James

Edited by James Richards

I have a bit more info on my computer at home (in a friends house at the moment) on Robert Emmett Johnson that I obtained from Gerry Hemming. I emailed the editor of Soldier of Fortune about Johnson and Saul Sague a while back, he is yet to get back to me after telling me he will ask around.

Perhaps Gerry could post some info.

It might be worth looking up any relatives that may still be alive.

John

I have a bit more info on my computer at home (in a friends house at the moment) on Robert Emmett Johnson that I obtained from Gerry Hemming. I emailed the editor of Soldier of Fortune about Johnson and Saul Sague a while back, he is yet to get back to me after telling me he will ask around.

Perhaps Gerry could post some info.

It might be worth looking up any relatives that may still be alive.

John

John,

REJ's older brother is still alive. Understandably, he is very wary and guarded with what he says.

James

James,

thats weird,

I thought he would confess that Johnson killed JFK!

No harm in trying, which I'm sure you have already done.

I thinl we're on tp a good lead here. If it doesn't lead us to JFK, it will still further our understanding of US interaction with mercenaries.

John

James,

thats weird,

I thought he would confess that Johnson killed JFK!

No harm in trying, which I'm sure you have already done.

I thinl we're on tp a good lead here. If it doesn't lead us to JFK, it will still further our understanding of US interaction with mercenaries.

John

Hi John,

REJ's world was a very murky one and delving into it is like fumbling around in the dark bumping into the furniture. The more we can get on this guy however, I believe the closer we will get to some unanswered questions including at least one possible source of finance and assassin sponsoring for the murder of JFK.

In your research so far, have you any references to REJ during the 1970's being paid by the British military to locate IRA terrorists in Northern Ireland and in England itself?

Cheers,

James

Edited by James Richards