The Education Forum

Say John, Everybody: What would you think about adding a Malcolm X forum?

I agree with John, at this point I don't think that the Malcolm X assassination or his life would draw a crowd that merits another section.

Peoples biggest concern when reading this forum is the amount of time they have to read and creating another section would needlessly create another barrier to checking the forum thoroughly.

Threads on Malcolm X have been few and far between, however if there were to be an upsurge in interest I'm sure the situation would be different.

I would like to take a closer look at his life and death as I have always found him to be fascinating.

All the best,

John Geraghty

I agree with John, at this point I don't think that the Malcolm X assassination or his life would draw a crowd that merits another section.

Peoples biggest concern when reading this forum is the amount of time they have to read and creating another section would needlessly create another barrier to checking the forum thoroughly.

Threads on Malcolm X have been few and far between, however if there were to be an upsurge in interest I'm sure the situation would be different.

I would like to take a closer look at his life and death as I have always found him to be fascinating.

All the best,

John Geraghty

Well, I can't take on two John's at once.... Sorry. :tomatoes

As you know Malcolm X is one of the big four murdered in the 60's. And shortly before the FBI killed him he'd announced that he was working with Dr. King, the FBI's other victim. He was immensely charismatic and had a compelling personal story, and--like the other great men--was clearly capable of evolving.

I think I have kind of the opposite logic; if not that many people are interested then perhaps not that many people are aware of what a force, and a promise, he was. What with this being an education forum I think people could be made aware. He's a dot that should not be left out of the connections.

Guest Stephen Turner

All the best,

John Geraghty

Well, I can't take on two John's at once.... Sorry. :lol:

As you know Malcolm X is one of the big four murdered in the 60's. And shortly before the FBI killed him he'd announced that he was working with Dr. King, the FBI's other victim. He was immensely charismatic and had a compelling personal story, and--like the other great men--was clearly capable of evolving.

I think I have kind of the opposite logic; if not that many people are interested then perhaps not that many people are aware of what a force, and a promise, he was. What with this being an education forum I think people could be made aware. He's a dot that should not be left out of the connections.

Myra, simply start a thread in the political conspiracies section. Some of the questions to ask. exactly who firebomed his home. Why did all eyewitnesess descriptions of the "shotgun man" differ substancially from the man police arrested, and charged, who killed 4x Ameer, and why did he claim, days before his death, that he was being targeted like Malcolm...

• 3 weeks later...

All the best,

John Geraghty

Well, I can't take on two John's at once.... Sorry. :D

Myra, simply start a thread in the political conspiracies section. Some of the questions to ask. exactly who firebomed his home. Why did all eyewitnesess descriptions of the "shotgun man" differ substancially from the man police arrested, and charged, who killed 4x Ameer, and why did he claim, days before his death, that he was being targeted like Malcolm...

While I appreciate the helpfulness, that's not the point Stephen.

The point is that this is an education forum and the choice of topic headers is indicative of what's important, who matters, what was lost, and what can't be forgotten. I doubt that our educational (ptooey) institutions will teach kids about this great and significant man.

There were four huge assassinations in the sixties, not three. Each of those four assassinations is symptomatic of the government ills, and who the pathogens target. And why. ADDING a forum for Malcolm X would largely be symbolic, but it's very important symbolism. It says we aren't willing to let a great man be erased from the planet and from our memories. It shows those that know nothing about him that he's someone to study. Someone that mattered and matters.

Hell, I know no one will use the forum. We'll all just come here as always. It's symbolic and remedial. He should not be excluded from the forum categories.