The Education Forum

Is that B_____d dead yet?

In an interesting blog, Mr. Gleeson speculates whether Castro is dead. This was about a year ago. He uncovers and shows fake pictures of Castro. I believe Castro is dead. The newspaper he is holding is not a published copy -- it's a fake. The "newspaper" is stapled together. And is it the real Castro? (There were 2 Oswalds.)

http://sean.gleeson.us/2006/08/13/not-dead...ing-says-castro

When are they going to tell us he's dead? The CIA probably knows. It's the "trickle down" theory. I'd like to see happy people in Little Havana in Florida really have cause to celebrate and then I'd like to see the USA take over Cuba. Can the USA do this? I have been having quite a discussion with a Cuban young man. He says we will not be able to take them over. He says Cuba is 90 miles away from us, and there is nothing we can do except see a news film occasionally of the Cubans driving around in 1950's cars today. How can they be technologically superior to us?

Kathy

I'd like to see happy people in Little Havana in Florida really have cause to celebrate

Aren't they still celebrating the arrival of Posada Carriles? We shouldn't let them get too happy down there. It isn't fair to the rest of us.

and then I'd like to see the USA take over Cuba. Can the USA do this?

Yes, but first we'll need a false flag operation, blamed on Cuba, to justify taking over the island. Who should be targeted?

In an interesting blog, Mr. Gleeson speculates whether Castro is dead. This was about a year ago. He uncovers and shows fake pictures of Castro. I believe Castro is dead. The newspaper he is holding is not a published copy -- it's a fake. The "newspaper" is stapled together. And is it the real Castro? (There were 2 Oswalds.)

When are they going to tell us he's dead? The CIA probably knows. It's the "trickle down" theory. I'd like to see happy people in Little Havana in Florida really have cause to celebrate and then I'd like to see the USA take over Cuba. Can the USA do this? I have been having quite a discussion with a Cuban young man. He says we will not be able to take them over. He says Cuba is 90 miles away from us, and there is nothing we can do except see a news film occasionally of the Cubans driving around in 1950's cars today. How can they be technologically superior to us?

Kathy

Great, just what we need, another war to oppress another country.

What makes you think we have the right to murder people and steal their country from them?

Do we need their sugar cane? Their bananas? Their vacation climate?

Why don't YOU grab a gun and go right now to take over Cuba?

I'll read your obituary in the news.

What is it about us Americans that makes us think we own the world, or, that we ought to own the world?

Oh, and Castro being a bastard? No more than George Washington was considered one by the English.

He cleaned up a corrupt gov't. and ran OUR American Mafia out of HIS country. Not such a bad thing for the Cuban people.

Kathy

Don't you think the CIA is going to get in there?

What makes you think we have the right to murder people and steal their country from them?

Castro took over and then informed his people that they were now living under communism. Why do you think Elian Gonzalez's mother lost her life to give him freedom?

It was once a great resort -- before my time. Why should we co-exist with an enemy 90 miles off our shore? What about all the Cuban exiles who went in there in the Bay of Pigs to take back their country? These people have rights and would love a free country. That's why they're here. That's why Kennedy was killed. The Cuban Exiles hoped America would believe Castro did it and want to invade Cuba.

I was in the Gulf of Mexico 2 days ago. Had an incident, nearly drowned. And the water is still quite chilly. I'll bide my time.

Make sure they spell my name right. That's important to a person when they're dead.

What is it about us Americans that makes us think we own the world, or, that we ought to own the world?

Castro's regime is our enemy. They're close by. Today we're having trouble with Islamic Extremists from Guyana. Too many enemies nearby.

Oh, and Castro being a bastard? No more than George Washington was considered one by the English.

You can't compare America with Cuba.

He cleaned up a corrupt gov't. and ran OUR American Mafia out of HIS country. Not such a bad thing for the Cuban people.

Not a bad thing? Then why do so many Cubans want to live here? You can't compare Cuba with Iraq.

These are my opinions. Subject to change. It's what I learned in a Jesuit college: We have a mission in this world -- kill Commies for Christ.

Kathy

Edited by Kathleen Collins

Viva Fidel!

Seriously.

No one -- I mean NO ONE -- includes in criticism of Castro mention of the US-backed horror he overthrew.

Viva Fidel!

Charles

"No one -- I mean NO ONE -- includes in criticism of Castro mention of the US-backed horror he overthrew.

Viva Fidel!"

I want to expatriate to Cuba! At least, I'll get medical benefits down there. I'm just waiting until I'm 70 or 75, when I can retire, have my brother cash my Social Security checks, and send me the money. I'll donate what's left of my ridiculous and worthless 401K Plan to the Cuban government.

VIVA CHE!

"No one -- I mean NO ONE -- includes in criticism of Castro mention of the US-backed horror he overthrew.

Viva Fidel!"

I want to expatriate to Cuba! At least, I'll get medical benefits down there. I'm just waiting until I'm 70 or 75, when I can retire, have my brother cash my Social Security checks, and send me the money. I'll donate what's left of my ridiculous and worthless 401K Plan to the Cuban government.

VIVA CHE!

See. A lot of people would like to go there. I'm told it was a great resort.

Kathy

Viva Fidel!

Seriously.

No one -- I mean NO ONE -- includes in criticism of Castro mention of the US-backed horror he overthrew.

Viva Fidel!

Charles

Viva Fidel!"

VIVA CHE!

Terry,

We'll walk the beach at Giron ... watch the sun set ... scare the gulls.

C

Kathy

Castro took over and then informed his people that they were now living under communism. Why do you think Elian Gonzalez's mother lost her life to give him freedom?

It was once a great resort -- before my time. Why should we co-exist with an enemy 90 miles off our shore? What about all the Cuban exiles who went in there in the Bay of Pigs to take back their country? These people have rights and would love a free country. That's why they're here. That's why Kennedy was killed. The Cuban Exiles hoped America would believe Castro did it and want to invade Cuba.

I was in the Gulf of Mexico 2 days ago. Had an incident, nearly drowned. And the water is still quite chilly. I'll bide my time.

Make sure they spell my name right. That's important to a person when they're dead.

Castro's regime is our enemy. They're close by. Today we're having trouble with Islamic Extremists from Guyana. Too many enemies nearby.

Not a bad thing? Then why do so many Cubans want to live here? You can't compare Cuba with Iraq.

These are my opinions. Subject to change. It's what I learned in a Jesuit college: We have a mission in this world -- kill Commies for Christ.

Kathy

"These people have rights and would love a free country. That's why they're here. That's why Kennedy was killed. The Cuban Exiles hoped America would believe Castro did it and want to invade Cuba."

"These people," the majority of whom were those Cuban aristocrats who co-owned the sugar and banana plantations with American elitists, such as William Pauley, and United Fruit, who treated the guajiros, the REAL Cubanos de nativos, as esclavos trabajados in their cane fields and banana orchards. They had a choice to stay or go, and since they had their Palm Beach, Coco Beach, and Miami Beach residences already established, I really don't see how bad off they actually could be considered living "in exile," here in the U.S. The people you may be referring to were more likely middle class, small business owners who would leave because they were basically capitalistic, and feared losing money in a leveled playing field, or economy. Castro wasn't keeping them there, if they didn't want to stay. That Gonzales kid was from guajiro bloodlines, and his family living in Miami were more than likely boat people, or those considered to be "wet backs," by U.S. Immigration officials. All the "white" Cubans left, with their jewelry and riches back in the late 50's and early 60's. Their homes in Havana were converted into living quarters for foreign ambassadors to Cuba.

"That's why Kennedy was killed."

Because he was trying to hold up his end of the bargain by abiding by The Geneva Accords? Kennedy walked into a snake-pit created by Dulles' and his band of merry mercenaries, who were all breaking the law, international law.

I'd like to see happy people in Little Havana in Florida really have cause to celebrate

Aren't they still celebrating the arrival of Posada Carriles? We shouldn't let them get too happy down there. It isn't fair to the rest of us.

and then I'd like to see the USA take over Cuba. Can the USA do this?
Yes, but first we'll need a false flag operation, blamed on Cuba, to justify taking over the island. Who should be targeted?

Well, we might be talking a little too soon. Cuba released a "new" video of Castro talking with a Viet Namese Communist leader. His hair is all gray. He looks like he's been sick, but he's still ticking apparently.

http://video.aol.co

Kathy

Edited by Kathleen Collins

Viva Fidel!

Seriously.

Viva Fidel!

Charles

Viva Fidel!"

VIVA CHE!

Terry,

We'll walk the beach at Giron ... watch the sun set ... scare the gulls.

C

"We'll walk the beach at Giron ... watch the sun set ... scare the gulls."

I love the way the waves break on the wall along the beach at Giron.

Yesssss! And, we'll dance to the music of The Buena Vista Social Club, after working on the banana or sugar plantation doing our collective farming chores, and I'll have my side job on Saturdays rolling Havana Cremes for the rich Yanquis en Los Estados Unidos, so we can have some extra pin money to party in the streets with. I love it! Plantains, ropa viejo, black bean soup, rice, mojitos. Yippee, let's go!!!

Viva Fidel!

Seriously.

Viva Fidel!

Charles

Charles, I found this to support your opinion of Castro as a leader. It's in Harvey and Lee by John Armstrong. Armstrong says on page 890:

"This leader, whether we like him or not, and whether we agree or disagree on his policies, has managed to stay alive and remain in power longer than any other leader in the Western Hemisphere, and most of the world. There is little doubt that Castro rules Cuba with an iron hand and the Cuban economy is one of the poorest in the Caribbean. But, because of his leadership, Cuba is no longer controlled by US interests as are many Central and South American countries. Because of his leadership, the Cuban people have been spared from the havoc, death, destruction, and atrocities which CIA ventures have brought to many neighboring Caribbean and Central American countries."

Kathy

Kathy

Kathy

Did you used to write for Mad magazine? SPY vs. SPY?

Killing for Christ?

Please, tell me this has all been satire.

These are my opinions. Subject to change. It's what I learned in a Jesuit college: We have a mission in this world -- kill Commies for Christ.[/color]

Kathy

Did you used to write for Mad magazine? SPY vs. SPY?

Killing for Christ?

Please, tell me this has all been satire.

There was a priest at this college I went to who was famous for saying with such heart felt anger, "You people have a mission in this world -- and that mission is: Kill Commies for Christ."

My "anger" about Castro being alive is just a visceral sentiment. I don't mean for anyone to invade Cuba, as we did Iraq. It's just I can remember as a little kid seeing this bearded, uniformed so-and-so on TV. And Kennedy is dead and his brother, murdered, and other assassinations, and Castro's still alive. To use an old saying, he's too mean to die. No harm meant.

Kathy

"There is little doubt that Castro rules Cuba with an iron hand and the Cuban economy is one of the poorest in the Caribbean"

Wot Rot.

Despite decades of US gov sponsored economic and other terrorism on Cuba, and it's loss of the USSR as a major sympathetic trading partner Cuba's economy is strong and the grassroots democracy the people enjoy is probably unrivalled in the world. Local electorates elect candidates they can sack any time they wish. These people, who have an even playing field in promoting theirselves, then work nationally to carry out the wishes of its leadership, the people. They in turn, if performing satisfactorily, elect the upper stratum. Castro is there because the Cuban people as a majority support him. The iron fist is against those who seek to undermine Cuba's sovereignty. As it should be. All solidarity with the Cuban people!

The Cuban people are, and always have been, free to leave Cuba. It's entry to the US that's the problem. Of course people want to leave Cuba. It's the same for all nations. People like to move around and migrate. The last time there was a relaxation of the US policy under Carter there was a backlog of people who took the opportunity. Why not? The fact that the denied had a window of opportunity and there was a rush to take advantage of it doesn't prove anything except that the Cuban's are people like the rest of us. Today unless the person who wants to leave Cuba for the US manages to touch ground on US soil they are rejected, so of course there is desperation for them which is upheld as a Cuban problem. Goebblerism at its finest.

The deprivations of denial of medicine, fuel, and the sanctions the US attempts to put on countries that trade with Cuba has made life difficult at times. Even so the Cuban people enjoy world class health and education, and on many life indeces above those of the average people in the USA. The number of countries defying the US in this grows steadily and the UN has consistently voted almost unanimously against the blockade for decades.

Some wondeful things have come about as a result of making do, which has made Cuba a leader in green politics. The number of Cuban doctors and teachers selflessly serving in third world countries throughout the world is exemplary. They've even gone so far as promising free Lasic surgery to an US citizen who cannot get it in the US because it's too expensive. The rationalising of its energy use has made it a leader in that field.

The recent consolidation of a number of independent states in the Latin/South America that are stepping out of the domination of traditional economic dependencies and forming alliances and working together in the Non Aligned Movement globally further strenthens the independence of all these countries and Cuba is certainly a leader there.

The incredible hypocricy and outright criminality in the US rulers ways of dealing with all this is stark in contrast to the free people of Cuba and the others throwing off these centuries old shackles.

One can expect provocateurs, especially as Bush's policy directives are specifically to fund generously anyone or any grouping that seeks to make life miserable for the Cuban people and to participate in spreading disinformation about Cuba.

Why not let the US citizens freely go to Cuba to see for themselves? Hmm? Methinks they'll find, as those global citizens of other countries that do have that freedom, (as long as they don't intend to visit the US afterwards with a Cuba stamp in their pass port) a happy, vibrant people, well educated, nurtured and with no interest in having the US ruling them. Good on them. Patria o Muerte! Viva Cuba, Viva Che, El Comandante: Presente!

Anyway the whole topic is nonsensical in its ignorance of the realities of the situation. Cuban people are not dumb. Do you really think that they are that dependent on whether Fidel is alive or not? Do you really think that there are not thousands of able people to ensure a smooth continuation of Cuban society sans Fidel? Are Cuban's somehow less intelligent than others?

Edited by John Dolva