GO

W - A 18 Atari

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W - A 17

the amall black dots representing pieces taken off the board.

I'll refrain from an analysis for a few moves. It is the experience of the process that teaches many things. (If you have any Q's don't hesitate to ask.)

Edited by John Dolva

I feel inclined to presumptious and make some comments at this point.

We have both made bad moves, and likely will continue to do so but let's ramp it up a bit. At this point, as I see it, you have lost the entire lower left corner. Count liberties, eyes. However the fat lady aint sung yet. There is three quarters of the board remaining. Contemplate sente. Exploit threats to my proclaimed ownership, of that corner, while building, (think loose but strong connections, think shapes) strong points that are activated as the middle game draws to an end. We've gone through start, beginning and end in that corner, much of it you'll begin to understand has been needless, but very educational ( your attack caught me right off guard and I couldn't see how I could regain control of that corner had you made the right move, so I didn't win it, I employed some tactics of feinting that I didn't hold out much hope for, so, you see, you haven't been playing me at all but yourself.. It's not the battle but the war that is to be won.

edit typo

Edited by John Dolva

B - C 12

Thank you for your comments John, all of which I agree with. What can I say in the face of this spectacular collapse of my position in the South West? 'Ooops' doesn't seem to cover it. My 'Teach Yourself Go' book has been useful in naming things: I was well into attempting a ladder when I discovered it was called, well, a 'ladder'. I think the most important single thing I have learned so far from our game is that the position can change very quickly indeed.

Yep, I've had my share of oops'. OK. Good move, it neutralises a couple of potential threats and puts pressure where it was not before.

________

W - J 15

Edited by John Dolva

W - K 15

Edited by John Dolva

Norman, and others, sometimes it helps to turn the board around and try to figure out what the best move of the opponent is.

This often is the best move you can make.

W - H 10

Edited by John Dolva

W - J 11

Edited by John Dolva

W - H 11

Edited by John Dolva