The Education Forum

A couple of questions for Charles Drago

Tosh,

Yep, you're right. Connected to Seiwell.

Cook was indeed associated with Roscoe White although I don't know how influential he was getting him a job with the DPD.

When you first mentioned Cook, I went a bit bug eyed as I had never heard him mentioned before by anyone and thought I was the only one on his tail. There are also some interesting associations between Cook and some others firmly entrenched with what happened in Dallas.

This is him below.

FWIW.

James

He was my CO at Texas National Guard, Dallas Love Field and got me into Army Intel. You amaze me on where you get your pictures... I do respect your sources. ( Capt.John K. Gilbert Cook ) Also do you have anything on Lt. Charles (?) Brannon

Tosh,

Are you sure the actual name is Charles Brannon?

James

Tosh,

Yep, you're right. Connected to Seiwell.

Cook was indeed associated with Roscoe White although I don't know how influential he was getting him a job with the DPD.

When you first mentioned Cook, I went a bit bug eyed as I had never heard him mentioned before by anyone and thought I was the only one on his tail. There are also some interesting associations between Cook and some others firmly entrenched with what happened in Dallas.

This is him below.

FWIW.

James

He was my CO at Texas National Guard, Dallas Love Field and got me into Army Intel. You amaze me on where you get your pictures... I do respect your sources. ( Capt.John K. Gilbert Cook ) Also do you have anything on Lt. Charles (?) Brannon

Tosh,

Are you sure the actual name is Charles Brannon?

James

I think it was Charles not sure if he was called Charles or Robert, but his last name was spelled Brannon he was a 2Lt. Arty spotter and with the Fourth Army I think... he was with a lot of different outfits, but stationed at Ft Bliss arround 1954.

He knew and worked later with some of the Dallas Cubans (if I can use that term) around Zangs Blvd in Oak Cliff. ??? I think he signed one of my DD-214 at Bliss and cut orders for me to go the Hensley Field Grand Prairie, Texas "Mountain Lakes", trainning fac. from Ft Bliss or Dallas Love Field.

Also Did Captain Gilbert B Cook have a brother named John K Gilbert? Or used the cut out name "Johnney H...", I'm a little fuzzy on how all this came together. Anyway I think John K Gilbert went with the DPD but again this is from memory and I could be off on this point.