The Education Forum

Documents...FOIA

Although I realize that much "peripheral information" has come to light as a result of the release of FOIA documents, are there "truly" those here that anticipate, that after having been in the posession of U.S. Intellience for appx a half century, that information will "slip out" that was not planned to be "slipped" for public consumption?

Yes ! I do consider the information gained to be nothing more than peripheral ! There has been nothing learned that "enquiring minds" had not already pieced together some forty years ago.

Proof of "peripheral" activity has taken the research community WHERE?

A study of independent research material published before 1970, should indicate to anyone willing to rationally examine it; the lack of progress that has since been made that is of material importance!

This is even with the help of countless FOIA releases.

It seems that some of us are of the opinion still, that those members of intelligence agencies, many of which would not even be recognized by name, are blundering Neanderthals. The very fact that there are agencies of which you do not even know exist, should be a clue of how very well they are in "total control".

Yes ! I am thankful for and want access to more of these FOIA released documents....BUT....I certainly don't believe that they have or will TRULY bring us closer to answers which we didn't already realize by the year 1970 !

I do honestly "pray" that I am wrong !

Charles Black

AFAIK files that relate to cases that are not closed can be witheld from a listing of files related to that case.

IF this is correct, then, because in Texas a murder case by default remains open, there is the possibility that relevant files held by Texan authorities can remain out of bounds to FOI's simply by being filed as open.

Federally it may be different.

However, as persons of interest may deed their files to various repositories, and depending on the persistence of the person seeking the FOI's may remain unknown.

Also, a number of repositories, probably partly because of volumes of documents will simplify classifications so that a persons name being misspelled ends up not retrieved, so FOI's should take this into consideration. For example a listing of the main first portion of the surname may yield more results rather than first name, initials and complete surname.

Also, some federal departments no longer exist, like the USPO for example.

Since 1970 it has been changed to the USPS and runs under different rules and management. IE an approach to the USPS for pre-1970 USPO files may prove a total waste of time. etc.

FWIW

Hello John

Your post jolted my memory back to a question that I had several years ago. Why could there not be a Texas G.J. Investgation, or a court trial of LHO for the attempted murder of Governor JBC? How about the murder of Dallas police officer JDT?

In regard to Connolly, motive might be directed to the fact that when he was Sect./Navy, JBC would not overturn LHO's undesireable discharge which I understand upset Oz considerably.

Either charge would place us in as favorable a position as we might ever hope to be regarding JFK.

Charles Black

Hello John

Your post jolted my memory back to a question that I had several years ago. Why could there not be a Texas G.J. Investgation, or a court trial of LHO for the attempted murder of Governor JBC? How about the murder of Dallas police officer JDT?

In regard to Connolly, motive might be directed to the fact that when he was Sect./Navy, JBC would not overturn LHO's undesireable discharge which I understand upset Oz considerably.

Either charge would place us in as favorable a position as we might ever hope to be regarding JFK.

Charles Black