The Education Forum

Two for the Price of One

Peter, et al,

From my 1990s essay, In the Blossom of Our Sins , in which I addressed precisely the phenomenon you describe:

"Are our individual and collective identities symbiotically linked to the roles we play as Kennedy Assassination researchers/investigators/gadflies to the degree that the termination of those roles, a certain consequence of our ultimate victory, is perceived to be tantamount to the termination of the self?"

and

"Not to worry. We can preserve the self and America with it while continuing to play the role of super sleuth in this case. For when, inevitably, push comes to shove, when belief must either metamorphose into knowledge and action or be abandoned, all we need do is scurry backward into our voting booths like light-panicked lobsters seeking the safety of the trap. Nothing sacred will have been damaged."

Nobody on this end of the conversation is laughing.

Charles

Peter,

A quick answer: simplify.

Back to my "how, not who or why" mantra.

The two latter issues are dealt with only after the first is settled and its consequences and implications made dramatically clear.

On the "Political Conspiracies" forum I recently experienced the problem within a thread devoted to study of the death of Diana. My question, "How did Diana die?" was answered by one of our better minds with the statement, "Nobody wanted her dead."

There is insufficient energy in the Big Bang itself to set such mass into motion.

Charles