The Education Forum

Was JFK a Liberal?

Paul,

We are on the same page.

I for one am most keenly interested in JFK's journey, if you will -- his intellectual growth and spiritual evolution.

Certainly the latter phenomenon does not lend itself to quanitfication. And I suspect that, for large groups of materialists and moral relativists, use of the term doesn't pass the laugh test.

Nonetheless, an appreciation of the words spoken by JFK at American University on June 10, 1963 -- one enhanced by a comparison with previous public pronouncements (for fine example, his inaugural address) -- reveals to me a flowering mind and liberated spirit undergoing metamorphoses that no force on earth could hinder.

But that tiny pieces of base metal projected at high speed could banish from our shared plane.

Charles

Paul,

We are on the same page.

I for one am most keenly interested in JFK's journey, if you will -- his intellectual growth and spiritual evolution.

Certainly the latter phenomenon does not lend itself to quanitfication. And I suspect that, for large groups of materialists and moral relativists, use of the term doesn't pass the laugh test.

Nonetheless, an appreciation of the words spoken by JFK at American University on June 10, 1963 -- one enhanced by a comparison with previous public pronouncements (for fine example, his inaugural address) -- reveals to me a flowering mind and liberated spirit undergoing metamorphoses that no force on earth could hinder.

But that tiny pieces of base metal projected at high speed could banish from our shared plane.

Charles

Exquisitely well-put, C.D.

Thank you.

Paul,

We are on the same page.

Charles

Exquisitely well-put, C.D.

Thank you.

Yes.