The Education Forum

Alex Jones Arrested in New York

Peter Hill

While protesting the Geraldo show Saturday night, 9/8 2007, Alex Jones was arrested by police.

090907alex_arrested1a.jpg

Alex Jones Arrested In New York

Media activist Alex Jones was arrested by New York Police Department officers while filming a documentary about the sixth anniversary of September 11th and joining the protest against the official version of what happened on 9/11.

On the Eve of the New York Premiere of his latest film, Endgame, and major events commemorating the sixth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, authorities have arrested Alex Jones in New York City. Details to follow.

http://prisonplanet.com/

clip with 9/11 Truth sign visible behind Geraldo's head. Geraldo's commentary is in poor taste as usual. He'd rather go on to talk about the Hooter's waitress. See for yourself the kafkaesque juxtaposition.

And a longer clip:

WeAreChange and Alex Jones protest Fox’s “Geraldo Live” in Midtown Manhattan Saturday night. According to the live feed the Police have arrested Alex Jones and taken him in for processing. During the broadcast of “Geraldo Live” the protestors shouted down the host for the show’s last half hour. Traitor, criminal, neocon, whore and “9/11 was an inside job,” were just some of the chants directed towards the host of the war mongering Fox New’s live show.

LONGER CLIP

To fully understand the stupidty and dumbing-down of everything in the USA..the non-news masking the real crises...you have to see this version of the arrest of Jones and what was IMPORTANT on Geraldo. Geraldo knows REAL news and REAL evil people when he sees it! lol

That too sexy to fly stewardess story is one of the top stories in USA now....when people are dying.....civil liberties are disappearing, madmen and fascists are in the White House. Circus Maximus. Hold the Bread. You Brits can't hold a candle to Fox News trash with your tabloids. [Not by coincidence all Murdoch = CIA]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuBzHJw5Sg

I saw Geraldo last night. I can't believe what a traitor he turned into. Firstly, only LHO shot President Kennedy: He says that every once in awhile and I'd like to put my fist throught the TV. Now he calls people who want an investigation into 9/11 "misfits" and some other names. He is a CIA media asset and I'm disgusted with him. He won the job of Foreign Coorespondent by saying on another network, appropos to nothing, that LHO killed President Kennedy; there was no conspiracy, all the time shaking his head in disbelief that someone would think otherwise. Bingo! He had a better job, a much increased salary, was important enough to send overseas to cover the Afghanistan war and had a new wife.

Kathy

To fully understand the stupidty and dumbing-down of everything in the USA..the non-news masking the real crises...you have to see this version of the arrest of Jones and what was IMPORTANT on Geraldo. Geraldo knows REAL news and REAL evil people when he sees it! lol

That too sexy to fly stewardess story is one of the top stories in USA now....when people are dying.....civil liberties are disappearing, madmen and fascists are in the White House. Circus Maximus. Hold the Bread. You Brits can't hold a candle to Fox News trash with your tabloids. [Not by coincidence all Murdoch = CIA]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuBzHJw5Sg

So, did Jones have a PERMIT to demonstrate? Or do you find breaking the law...IF THE CAUSE IS RIGHT...to be acceptable?

Yes the permit is called the First Amendment.

I live in NYC and have first hand experience in selective use of permit requirements. There used to be a free speech speek out in Union Square. It was eliminated through police repression. If you are curious I can go into more detail. It amazes me how few people realize how the Freedom to Assemble which is part of the first amendment has been effectively eliminated by the the government.

First hand experience is the best teacher of this lesson. Its easy to believe you have a right, if you haven't tried to use it in a long time. And no Pro-bush or Hillary demos do not count as a test of this right.

Yes the permit is called the First Amendment.

I live in NYC and have first hand experience in selective use of permit requirements. There used to be a free speech speek out in Union Square. It was eliminated through police repression. If you are curious I can go into more detail. It amazes me how few people realize how the Freedom to Assemble which is part of the first amendment has been effectively eliminated by the the government.

First hand experience is the best teacher of this lesson. Its easy to believe you have a right, if you haven't tried to use it in a long time. And no Pro-bush or Hillary demos do not count as a test of this right.

Still, my question stands. If the law in New York (and I don't know that law) requires a permit and you fail to get one, you should be subject to arrest. Requiring a permit does not run afoul of the first Amendment. Your right to speak what you wish is not abridged. Only where and when, which is not unreasonable.

• 3 weeks later...
So, did Jones have a PERMIT to demonstrate?

Who had a "PERMIT" to murder 3,000 people and not be arrested, or even questioned?

And just "WHO" would that be?

Your beloved government and Presidential 'chimp in charge' run by the Secret Government

Yea, sure...

Based on the junk posted by the "Half-Truthers"?

I don't think so.