The Education Forum

Clay shaw or Victor De Mario?

ehm, my english is soo bad: can one explain in better words what does it mean?

NO TITLE, SUBJECTS: CS, ASSOC, LTR, CP, SOVIET UNION, ANTI-COMMUNIST

"It is interesting to note that several of the above people apparently attended college with subject , BURGESS, or MACLEAN, and also were in intelligence during the same period of time".

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

:ph34r:

Edited by Accogli Claudio

oh well, it seems that Richards is not the only one to have heard this De Mario for the first time.

I conducted a deep search everywhere, if you google the name you'll find this post..

So, I wrote Rex, on MF, asking if there are some other details on this name, or the people mentioned in the document, or the censored parts of it in the MF databases.

answer is: nothing.

Let's make some points.

A - Did Garrison have access to this document? It seems not... As already know, he used the articles of Paese Sera to link Shaw to CMC, then to Permindex, and so to anti-communists activities in Europe in the name of Cia. The other thing Garrison had was the Clay Bertrand "incident". It seems to me that, having access to that documentation on De Mario, Garrison would have use it!

B - The subject of the file is Philby (!), the subject indexed CS, ASSOC, LTR, CP, SOVIET UNION, ANTI-COMMUNIST: What story is hidden in the censored part? are they talking of the Uk version of Gladio?

"In Britain, a guerrilla network with arms caches was already in place following the fall of France in 1940, according to senior military sources who say it was disbanded after the war. Its members, including the legendary Brigadier "Mad Mike" Calvert, were drawn from a special forces ski battalion of the Scots Guards which was originally intended to fight in nazi-occupied Finland." (David Pallister, Guardian 5/12/90).

C - What about Shaw life during the war? I did not study the subject, but I think the fact none knows of this De Mario... is enough to go further on the document.

Claudio,

many thanks for posting that document. I find it very interesting indeed, not least because it comes from the files of the legat london office. I have some documents about Shaw from that very office but not that one. I never heard of Victor De Mario before either. Any more information on who this 'Mrs Handley' is?

I wonder if she could be one of the English names in Shaw's address book? I have some files on that too - I''ll dig them up and see if she is included in there anywhere.

Is she implying that this Victor De Mario served with Shaw also?

Re: Shaw's time in the war I have done some research on his time in the UK so I may be able to help you. Unfortunately I think my contact who served with Shaw at that point has died as I have not heard from him in over a year so am unable ot put any new questions to him.

Grande Francesca!

E' un sacco di tempo! Come va tutto ok? Ti ho scritto ma no response :D

il video - tradotto - viene proiettato il 18 novembre in Usa!

Back on Victor De Mario.

Can't answer to your questions: are the same I am (was) facing.

The whole document is too much censored. Forsure, a Uk or Us researcher should - at least- fill a Foia to know why. I cant: in this case Foia is not applicable for an italian researcher.

What I found - now I am working on other subjects, and have to leave the Jfk case - is something not "in topic".

The fact is Mrs H says: identical to Clay Shaw, not just a collaborator.

On http://aad.archives.gov/aad/record-detail....amp;rid=5400264 (archives for military personnell) found this doc... that NOW is not anymore reachable from the link (!)

Anyway, it is about a certain DE VICTOR MARIO H., allegedly a spanish or portuguese origin surname:

Field Title Value Meaning ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 35033423 35033423 NAME DE#VICTOR#MARIO#H####### DE#VICTOR#MARIO#H####### RESIDENCE: STATE 53 OHIO RESIDENCE: COUNTY 049 FRANKLIN PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 5340 FT HAYES COLUMBUS OHIO DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 03 03 DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 06 06 DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 41 41 GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private GRADE: CODE 8 Private BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA FIELD USE AS DESIRED # # TERM OF ENLISTMENT 0 Undefined Code LONGEVITY ### ### SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life NATIVITY 53 OHIO YEAR OF BIRTH 18 18 RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen EDUCATION 4 4 years of high school CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 043 Decorators and window dressers MARITAL STATUS 6 Single, without dependents COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men) CARD NUMBER # # BOX NUMBER 0884 0884 FILM REEL NUMBER 3.306 3.306

As you can read, born in 1918, residence Ohio, decorator and window dresser, single, enlisted in 1941. So nothing to do with Shaw.

Your work on Shaw is still on the DPUK site?

ciao, fatti sentire!

ca

• 2 weeks later...

A interesting detail thank to Francesca work on Shaw in Uk during the WWII.

As reported from a man she "interviewed", Shaw was stationed in Taunton: it is the same place of birth of Sir Roger Hollis. the head of MI5.

Can someone provides more info on the activity around Taunton in WWII?